Rift - A New Type Of Distortion Is Here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

joku wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:39 pm Seems super cool, but I don't like how their plug-ins connect to the internet.
I think it's just one time, for the activation. After that I don't think they connect for regular use. Having said that, I definitely prefer serial number or license file to any online/CR copy protection. As it is, I'm thinking of selling or abandoning the ones that I own that do connect.

joku wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:39 pm Seems super cool, but I don't like how their plug-ins connect to the internet.
You mean the same way this forum does? Lif must be tough. :D
Last edited by plexuss on Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seems interesting. I’ve got no issue with the price, but I hate the no demo thing, and frankly, I’ve got so many hardware and software saturators and distortions that I barely can make good use of what I have. We’ll see. I put myself on a spending moratorium for a while but I’ll look into it at some later time. Even the full price seems like it could be worth it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Bit the bullet and bought this one, first impressions are very favourable, can be a bit heavy on the CPU but hopefully that will be addressed soon.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Super intrigued by this, does it offer oversampling at all?

arcadia1984 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:00 am Super intrigued by this, does it offer oversampling at all?
Not that I can see.

I'll have to test and take a risk I suppose, I did see on Gearspace their rep mention some of the distortion types utilizing some sort of oversampling but wouldn't elaborate further on the DSP behind the project.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:15 am Processing one of my Tremor beats with Rift using a preset I made for the factory library during the Beta-phase.

https://youtu.be/Epa-RpDq2VU
What host is that? It looks very interesting.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:19 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:15 am Processing one of my Tremor beats with Rift using a preset I made for the factory library during the Beta-phase.

https://youtu.be/Epa-RpDq2VU
What host is that? It looks very interesting.
That's the ill-fated FXPansion Tremor.

Cool, ta.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

They still haven't set up a demo for this?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

interesting

No demo, no honey!

I don't usually buy stuff without a demo. That said, I like what I've seen with this so I just picked it up. I like it a lot and with the filter you can get some very cool distorted fx.

Took the plunge and picked it up. Love how creative it is, the filter, distortions, and feedback sections all work in concert to make some super pleasing results. Do wish there was a demo so I didn't have to drop 75USD to get going on it though

Return to “Effects”