[rock] Gatekeeper!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The gatekeeper occupies a key position: Only he decides
whether someone is allowed in or not. Hear our song
"Gatekeeper"here. You have to click on the grey "play"-
button.

The knight guards the gate of the castle. Not everybody
is allowed to get in. In football the goalkeeper is very
crucial: If he doesn't let the ball in, the team can't lose.

But here our gatekeeper is even more general: He is the
gatekeeper for obtaining the school examination, for
joining "the" club, for admission to the board, for access
to the most illustrious circles and for any hurdle in life.

gatekeeper 01 w 02 ani 13 longer times.gif

Of course, you can also use the direct link:
http://enroe.bplaced.net/21_mn/23_songs ... keeper.mp3

Have fun :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I enjoyed this. I liked the build-up (verse/pre-chorus/chorus). I thought it was quite powerful. I also liked the guitar-solo. The mix was very good. We seem to be seeing more and more instances of gatekeepers in daily life.

Good work :)

Love the BGV hook!

Very well mixed. But the vocals at the start sounds like a text-to-speech program. Everything else is good though!

I am not sure if your Music Cafe license is still active. I'm the gatekeeper here. I'll do a quick check on your account. I see your Music Cafe license is valid and your permits are in order. We are good to go. :ud:

This is a bit different for you. Instead of the lyrics exploring a situation with multiple characters in some kind of conflict, the brief lyrics address the concept of gatekeepers in general which is an unusual and interesting idea for a song. :tu:

I was surprised that the first verse addressed passing the "final gate" and the second verse covered the more mundane gatekeepers of exams and board members. I would have expected the order to be reversed, starting with the mundane and moving to the spiritual.

Musically the chorus is the main focus and it delivers in a big way. The guitars and vox combine to form a huge hook that grows more addictive over multiple listens. You rock dude! :band2:

The only minor criticism is the vocals seem over-compressed and over-autotuned when exposed in the verses.

Very cool song. I enjoyed it. 8)

Frantz wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:56 am
The only minor criticism is the vocals seem over-compressed and over-autotuned when exposed in the verses.
Same sentiment over here. Lovely Harmonies and Arrangement. Cool track and beautiful vocal line! drums and guitar sounds are very tasty! :tu:

edit: have you by any chance been listening to ghost lately? reminds me in a good way!

seismic1 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:15 pm I enjoyed this. I liked the build-up (verse/pre-chorus/chorus). I thought it was quite powerful. I also liked the guitar-solo. The mix was very good. We seem to be seeing more and more instances of gatekeepers in daily life.

Good work :)
Thank you Seismic! Very appreciated!

shawshawraw wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:57 pm Love the BGV hook!
What is "BGV"? :?: :?: :?:
Anyway: Thank you for listening!

enroe wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:08 am What is "BGV"? :?: :?: :?:
Anyway: Thank you for listening!
Background vocals!

DarellHershey wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:06 am Very well mixed. But the vocals at the start sounds like a text-to-speech program. Everything else is good though!
Yeah, thank you for listening. Very appreciated! :)

And yes, I like drawn out syllables in the verses so that it
sounds more sedate, calmer. But here i might have
exaggerated a bit, probably. :neutral:

Frantz wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:56 am I am not sure if your Music Cafe license is still active. I'm the gatekeeper here. I'll do a quick check on your account. I see your Music Cafe license is valid and your permits are in order. We are good to go. :ud:

This is a bit different for you. Instead of the lyrics exploring a situation with multiple characters in some kind of conflict, the brief lyrics address the concept of gatekeepers in general which is an unusual and interesting idea for a song. :tu:

I was surprised that the first verse addressed passing the "final gate" and the second verse covered the more mundane gatekeepers of exams and board members. I would have expected the order to be reversed, starting with the mundane and moving to the spiritual.

Musically the chorus is the main focus and it delivers in a big way. The guitars and vox combine to form a huge hook that grows more addictive over multiple listens. You rock dude!
:band2:

Very cool song. I enjoyed it. 8)

Haha, yesssshh!

I see that your identification with the gatekeeper has
definitely been successful. Just check everyone and
everything ... yes, yes. :hyper:

And I notice right away: You are the most attentive listener
regarding the text, thanks a lot!

And yes, the first verse already shows the whole arc of the story
- including the ending, the "final gate". The "end" could also be
placed at the second verse - in order to maintain the normally
expected level of suspension. In any case, that would be the
usual procedure. But it's different here - indeed. The end - the
last gate passage - is therefore dealt with in more detail in the
"break". :ud:

Yeah, maybe some syllables in the verses are probably too long
and a bit too flat - mmh ... I'll have a look at this phenomenon. :o

Thank you Frantz for listening very carefully - and for your
thoughts. :wink:

Wow, interesting and thought-provoking topic and a great song!

I guess lots of us are gate-keepers (jobs? situations?) and on the other hand poor humans, who are waiting in so many situations that some other gate-keepers give their amen and let one in.

The song is cheerful and has a good variety of settings. Reminded me of some 70s prog in parts.
And it is a song which is worth to be listened more than one time, as so much is happening.

PS:
And I know this certain Kafka-story - it really impressed me
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

abi wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:56 pm Same sentiment over here. Lovely Harmonies and Arrangement. Cool track and beautiful vocal line! drums and guitar sounds are very tasty! :tu:

edit: have you by any chance been listening to ghost lately? reminds me in a good way!
Thanks for all the praise. And yes: We also have a little dispute here about
the singing in the verses - haha, so all impressions are very welcome.

I've just heard "cirice" from ghost: Fantastic - slow, very mystically charged
rock - and long vocal syllables also. We are very honored to be compared -
thank you! :wink:

thomekk wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:01 pm Wow, interesting and thought-provoking topic and a great song!

I guess lots of us are gate-keepers (jobs? situations?) and on the other hand poor humans, who are waiting in so many situations that some other gate-keepers give their amen and let one in.

The song is cheerful and has a good variety of settings. Reminded me of some 70s prog in parts.
And it is a song which is worth to be listened more than one time, as so much is happening.

PS:
And I know this certain Kafka-story - it really impressed me
Thank you, thomekk, :wink:

yeah, that's the idea of "Gatekeeper". We ourselves are
mostly gatekeepers - depending on the position we have
in society. And we are also dependent on other gatekeepers
letting us through or not ...

Many listeners felt reminded of Kafka's "Before the Law"
after the song - we had to add this additional text. It was
more of a kind of clarification, because Kafka's story is
more special and a bit sad.

Cool. A pleasant melodic rock track. I liked the structure and arrangement.
nice surprising ending.

Return to “Music Cafe”