Motorola DSP563xx Emulator (BETA) (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You are not wrong, some parameters dont work. I will just wait for the new GUI to come out. Once it does, happy days

-nko- wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:32 pm Even tough Max supports the transfer of SySex messages, vsts in Live don’t receive them, so there are certain parameters that don’t work with those Max virus editors. For example “punch” parameter or phaser parameters. I’m not in front of my computer right now so maybe I’m wrong.
You could load a VST inside Max...

vertibration wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:04 pm You are not wrong, some parameters dont work. I will just wait for the new GUI to come out. Once it does, happy days
I'm happy they are making this, but why are more ports taking priority over GUI? GUI is sort of important.

wwjd wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:39 pm
vertibration wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:04 pm You are not wrong, some parameters dont work. I will just wait for the new GUI to come out. Once it does, happy days
I'm happy they are making this, but why are more ports taking priority over GUI? GUI is sort of important.
I've always heard implementing a GUI was one of the hardest parts of plugin development. It's not as simple as "take drawings and put here." They're probably working on the GUI, which is a large, time intensive portion of the project, and in parallel doing the other things they can. Or maybe they want to get the rest right before focusing on the GUI. But I suspect it's the former.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:51 pm
I've always heard implementing a GUI was one of the hardest parts of plugin development. It's not as simple as "take drawings and put here." They're probably working on the GUI, which is a large, time intensive portion of the project, and in parallel doing the other things they can. Or maybe they want to get the rest right before focusing on the GUI. But I suspect it's the former.
I fully agree and totally respect that. I don't program anymore but know things can be tough. But, feels like designing a car, and leaving four wheels off until everything else is done :D

Still, supercool hobbyists are doing that and I am greatful and thankful. Great work guys! I can wait for GUI, im just so giddy and anxious. :D

wwjd wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:17 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:51 pm
I fully agree and totally respect that. I don't program anymore but know things can be tough. But, feels like designing a car, and leaving four wheels off until everything else is done :D

Still, supercool hobbyists are doing that and I am greatful and thankful. Great work guys! I can wait for GUI, im just so giddy and anxious. :D
Not sure if these are hobbyists , they might as well be pro-coders who tackle this in their spare time
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Perhaps they have different team members working on different areas of the project. The GUI probably is going to require a different skillset and be working to a different schedule than the DSP. Porting to different architectures and generally working on the DSP side can be done largely in parallel with UI work on a project like this if they have enough engineers.

liquidsonics wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:34 pm Perhaps they have different team members working on different areas of the project. The GUI probably is going to require a different skillset and be working to a different schedule than the DSP. Porting to different architectures and generally working on the DSP side can be done largely in parallel with UI work on a project like this if they have enough engineers.
That is 100% correct ;)

Is this the type of thing where you have to own a virus and retrieve your own bios off it to make it run?

briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:39 am Is this the type of thing where you have to own a virus and retrieve your own bios off it to make it run?
No. You can find the required stuff easily online.

I still haven’t found a way to make this thing work. Sound is working, GUI is showing, but the presets never change anything.
I have several USB soundcards "onboard" and none of the tutorials match. The MIDI bridge thing produces just nothing as expected.
I have tried using Cubase, every way I’ve could think of, no luck so far, I’ve gave up. Too bad, I’m more than interested.
I’ll wait for some more user-friendly solution. Can’t spend my whole life on this. Music is waiting.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:53 am I still haven’t found a way to make this thing work. Sound is working, GUI is showing, but the presets never change anything.
I have several USB soundcards "onboard" and none of the tutorials match. The MIDI bridge thing produces just nothing as expected.
I have tried using Cubase, every way I’ve could think of, no luck so far, I’ve gave up. Too bad, I’m more than interested.
I’ll wait for some more user-friendly solution. Can’t spend my whole life on this. Music is waiting.
I'd just wait for the official GUI which isn't far off and be patient as you say. This is a project that, while has moved in lightspeed, will still likely take another year or so before it reaches it's full potential. Everyone is ultimately devoting their spare time away from family, work, etc to make this project happen. It will take time :)

DJErmac wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:53 am I still haven’t found a way to make this thing work. Sound is working, GUI is showing, but the presets never change anything.
I'd just wait for the official GUI which isn't far off and be patient as you say. This is a project that, while has moved in lightspeed, will still likely take another year or so before it reaches it's full potential. Everyone is ultimately devoting their spare time away from family, work, etc to make this project happen. It will take time :)

howz it going?

I'm really can't understand what I should do .. its working great on VSTHOST , but in cubase 11 its not recognizing the VIRUSHC editor and I cannot load presets .
I open loopmidi before cubase
I have 2 vst instruments (1 - VIRUSHC EDITOR VST , 2 - EMULATOR)
the midi-in ( for cubase channel) for the virus HC is my main keyboard (and instide the virus editor both midi in/out set to loopmidi)
the midi in for emulatorDSP VST is "loopmidi"
can someone help me setting it up right ? maybe video tutorial or some photos?
Thnxxxxxx

Return to “Instruments”