FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

3.4 is not yet built for silicon chip. it's on the do list.
if you mean what is included with BFD3 per se, the BFD3 Core Library is all. Seven kits + 6 folders of individual percussion items.

Thanks. I guess it’s the same core library as detailed on the original fxpansion site.

Any ideas if it’ll work in Rosetta mode? Very tempted with some promotional deals out there. But would be a slap in the face if it didn’t work after shelling out for it.

I don't know.
BTW, the .4 version (I'm on 3.4.1.1) has some effects by "AIR" that are new, and an envelope enhancer thing (attack and/or sustain boost) which I find useful for a couple things. or I don't recall it from before, it seems new.

Hi, just wondering whether Drew is able to still able to assist with BFD2 replacement packs. I'm a long time BFD2 user and just purchased BFD3. Thx.

I'm sure he is, but he seems to be pretty busy. Post that second time so you can PM Amberience here, and/or go to BFD Drums forum and do enough there to be able to do the same. You are as a licensee of BFD2 entitled to the content, London Sessions. I obtained it last year after seeing something about it here.

I've got the BFD 1/2 "fixes" (thanks) - London Sessions/Eldorado - but I think that not all samples are included. I've loaded some BFD 2 presets into both BFD 2 and 3 with the following results:

Barrage - Cymbal 1 missing - Zildjian 20K Crash Ride (20")
80's powerrock -Crash 1 missing - Zildjian 20K Crash Ride (20")
Dark Funk - Crash 1 missing - Zildjian 20K Crash Ride (20")
Old Skool Beats - Crash 1 missing - Zildjian 20K Crash Ride (20")
Dancer Kit Beats - Crash 1 missing - Zildjian 20K Crash Ride (20")
Double Kicker - Ride 1 missing - Zildjian 20K Crash Ride (20")
Dancer Kit Beats Easy Listening - Crash 1 missing - Zildjian 20K Crash Ride (20")

I spy a theme here...so I don't think I need to go on!

8 bit kit related (yes, it is authorised):

Return of the 8bit kit: Kick (808 kick long), snare (DrumTraks Snare), Crash 1 (Zildjian 20K Crash Ride (20"))

Aside: Loading 3-4 presets in succession often crashes on the 4th preset load and trashes the content database (Cakewalk by Bandlab latest version and SONAR Platinum) until the DAW is restarted (not just the plugin reloaded into the DAW).

Oddly, I used to have enough posts to send PM's but must have lapsed. Once my post count is high enough again I'm keen to hit up Drew to get access to the El Dorado and London Sessions expansions, as I own BFD1 and 2.

Interesting that the Zildjian deal seems to have lapsed. The Sabian cymbals expansion is still available but not the two Zildjian ones.

Just posting so i can message

+1
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

So can we officially consider bfd abandonware?

mabian wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:36 am So can we officially consider bfd abandonware?
The last update was a month ago so ....no
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

Seems to be moving along in typical inMusic fashion -- updates to fix the stuff they broke and a few "new" features recycled from their other brands.

kperry wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:43 pm Barrage - Cymbal 1 missing - Zildjian 20K Crash Ride (20")
80's powerrock -Crash 1 missing - Zildjian 20K Crash Ride (20")
Dark Funk - Crash 1 missing - Zildjian 20K Crash Ride (20")
Old Skool Beats - Crash 1 missing - Zildjian 20K Crash Ride (20")
Dancer Kit Beats - Crash 1 missing - Zildjian 20K Crash Ride (20")
Double Kicker - Ride 1 missing - Zildjian 20K Crash Ride (20")
Dancer Kit Beats Easy Listening - Crash 1 missing - Zildjian 20K Crash Ride (20")
I have all of them after loaading London and Eldorado sessions.

Return to “Instruments”