Toneboosters Flowtones Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Sound Waves

Ah, this looks sweet. Toneboosters just released a synth! Two parts with two VCOs each, a Mod/FX section, a sequencer, and a bunch of other goodies under the hood.

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 10.28.22 AM.jpg

https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_flowtones_v1.html

For me, I'll buy anything Toneboosters releases, even without a demo. Can't wait to plug this in and check it out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dangayle on Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Was just about to post about this. Trying it out now!

Biome_Digital wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:27 pm Was just about to post about this. Trying it out now!
It sounds... great. I'm digging it so far, and the random button is :party:

So far I've noticed two wish list things, but nothing broken or bad.

dangayle wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:41 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:27 pm Was just about to post about this. Trying it out now!
It sounds... great. I'm digging it so far, and the random button is :party:

So far I've noticed two wish list things, but nothing broken or bad.
Yeah I does sound quite good actually. It definitely has some character. The random button looks great! Some strange layout choices though. Where is the mod matrix???

More convo on this here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=566243

db3 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:55 pm More convo on this here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=566243
ahh nice one :tu:

Maybe it's just me, but I've not been that impressed by the presets. Some have a very unique character for sure, but the sound is just not that mindblowing. What's surprising is that the first demo files we've heard were really awesome. Could be another "don't get fooled by the presets" synth... :shrug:
I'll give it another try in a couple of days and try to make my own sounds with it.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

What does this set apart from those hundreds of other synths with the same architecture? Just wondering…

The presets are LOUD. That's the first thing I noticed. Other synths are more tame on their final output, but not these ones. Might be the built-in compressor and limiter being used in the presets. Don't know how I feel about it.

Well, for making a synth loud I have a fader… most synths lower their output volume not to overload in case you play a 24 voice chord ffff… I couldn‘t care less…

I thought there were some good presets in there actually but a bit hit and miss and a little unorganised. Yes, some are so loud and the limiter is set to 0.db so clipping lights will show. One thing I noticed is saving presets is strange with the choice to overwrite or cancel but it doesn't cancel - it's confusing. While making some presets I discovered the gain structure varied massively so having the limiter on would be a good idea!

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:40 pm What does this set apart from those hundreds of other synths with the same architecture? Just wondering…
Probably the sequencer. Seems fun but I haven't played with it that much. I can't get passed the modulation system and tabs to be honest. I will wait until it evolves as I am sure it will.

I have enough good sequencers, arpeggiators and alike which can drive any synth. I couldn‘t care less… (Same for fx btw…)

Biome_Digital wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:26 pm One thing I noticed is saving presets is strange with the choice to overwrite or cancel but it doesn't cancel - it's confusing.
Yeah, it's a bit confusing. Cancel will actually save a copy of the preset and add "copy" at the end of the preset name. It doesn't cancel the saving process, just the overwriting of the existing preset with the same name.

It would be better to replace the word "cancel" with "save a copy" or something

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”