Toneboosters Flowtones Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Sound Waves

I bought this without thinking twice, I totally regret it now. The UI and workflow is terrible!
Really disappointed ☹️

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:40 pm I have enough good sequencers, arpeggiators and alike which can drive any synth. I couldn‘t care less… (Same for fx btw…)
The formant FX looks good. I think it's fairly unique.

Branis wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:14 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:26 pm One thing I noticed is saving presets is strange with the choice to overwrite or cancel but it doesn't cancel - it's confusing.
Yeah, it's a bit confusing. Cancel will actually save a copy of the preset and add "copy" at the end of the preset name. It doesn't cancel the saving process, just the overwriting of the existing preset with the same name.

It would be better to replace the word "cancel" with "save a copy" or something
Yeah that's it. The whole thing needs developing but I think it will be a good synth in the future. :tu:

Haven't yest demoed it but seems a cool little synth with a nice character, going by the audio clips. Everything with a vowel filter gets me immediately interested.

Does it have an FM bewteen the oscillators, or any other form of osc interaction (sync, PM etc) ?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:44 pm Does it have an FM bewteen the oscillators, or any other form of osc interaction (sync, PM etc) ?
Oscillators can modulate each other and even themselves, no sync though

For me i still miss snappier envelopes and attacky sounds, but i like to play around with it. maybe i´ll get to the train.

Xbucket wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:55 pm For me i still miss snappier envelopes and attacky sounds, but i like to play around with it. maybe i´ll get to the train.
There are trains that are arriving at the station and trains that are leaving...

That's the way of the world :wink:
No auto tune...

Branis wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:27 pm
recursive one wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:44 pm Does it have an FM bewteen the oscillators, or any other form of osc interaction (sync, PM etc) ?
Oscillators can modulate each other and even themselves, no sync though
Thanks, cool!
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Sounds very good. Is there a way to initialize a patch (set all parameters to default)?
Last edited by Obsolete462444 on Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kazi7 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:11 am Sounds very good. Is there a way to initialize a patch (set all parameters to default)?
There is a default patch in the template category, but I find it faster to just open the randomizer and click the reset button. You can even select exactly what you want to reset with the check boxes above the reset button

Branis wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:16 am There is a default patch in the template category, but I find it faster to just open the randomizer and click the reset button. You can even select exactly what you want to reset with the check boxes above the reset button
Thanks! Another 'issue' I have: even when I don't use the panning parameter the oscillators sounds tilts towards one side of the stereo field (so signal is not mono). Do you have an idea why this happens? I'm using the demo version, but I don't think it's a deliberate demo restriction? I made a bass patch that is supposed to be mono, but isn't.

Is there anything that is modulating the panning (is the dot next to the panning knob lit?).
Is that issue present in the default patch too?

Branis wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:17 am Is there anything that is modulating the panning (is the dot next to the panning knob lit?).
No, default patch appears to behave as expected. Oh yes, indeed the dot next to one of the pan parameters seems lit. I cannot find the modulation source. I deactivated all LFOs, but the stereo imbalance is still there. Unfortunately, due to demo restrictions, I cannot share the patch.

Kazi7 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:14 am
Branis wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:17 am Is there anything that is modulating the panning (is the dot next to the panning knob lit?).
No, default patch appears to behave as expected. Oh yes, indeed the dot next to one of the pan parameters seems lit. I cannot find the modulation source. I deactivated all LFOs, but the stereo imbalance is still there. Unfortunately, due to demo restrictions, I cannot share the patch.
right-click the pan knob with a lit dot to see the modulation sources and reset any that is modulating pan

Thanks all - a significant update will be released soon with additional vintage VCO synthesis algorithms, easier import/export and categorization of patch libraries, ASIO support on Windows, more presets, new polyphony modes, new modulation options, faster and snappier envelopes, a dedicated UI design for large screen workflows, and several additional improvements!

Return to “Instruments”