SynthMaster 2 for iPad released

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

graspee wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:35 pm I gave a one star review review because the app is broken on certain models of ipad and despite knowing about it you continued to sell it without warning people. I have been met with rudeness from the start on multiple platforms despite me being at least initially polite.
As per your 1 star polite review, we added the following "known issue" to the AppStore release notes for v1.0.2:

New Features:

1. Users can now restore SynthMaster Player iOS iAPs
2. Users can now import/export presets

Bug Fixes:

1. Restore IAP button is not functional
2. When user taps the browse button for the 2nd time, navigation should go back to the previous tab
3. Modulation target dropdown control is not functional
4. When modulation target filter is changed, modulation matrix is not updated
5. When a modulation source is dragged onto a target control, modulation matrix is not updated
6. SynthMaster doesn't select correct UI layout in AudioUnit version
7. 'Show Settings' and 'About SynthMaster' menus don't work in AudioUnit version
8. 'Contact us' menu should not be visible in AudioUnit version
9. Container controls are not resized correctly
10.Global parameters are not saved in Audionit version
11.Browser banks list items are not sorted
12.When the value of tempo textbox is changed, that's not reflected in the synth engine
13.Vector osc xyview doesn't show on AudioUnit version
14.SynthMaster crashes after presets are downloaded from server
15.When a preset is saved under a sub folder under 'Presets' folder, the sub folder name should be interpreted as the bank name
16.Rename preset menu is not functional
17.SynthMaster doesn't display purchase status of IAPs/expansions correctly
18.Arp bypass is incorrectly linked to Layer bypass (blue skin)
19.Choosing "FM" as modulation type for osc/mod selects "PM" instead

Known Issues:

1. iPad Pro M1 devices running on MacOS 14.5 and above create intermittent crackes. Please report this issue to Apple!

Enough with this. I hope you asked for a refund from Apple.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Can we transfer presets from the iOS version to desk top?

I did not ask for a refund from apple, I'm waiting for you to fix your apps so they work. Operating systems on mobile change over time and it's your responsibility to make sure your apps work on them. If this were a five year old app you didn't support any more then fair enough but you released synthmaster 2 when current hardware and software (12.9 M1 ipad with current up to date ipados) at the time of release did not run it properly.

I wonder if your eagerness for me to get a refund is because my review would get deleted.

I was excited today when I purchased the Synthmaster 1+2 bundle for my 2020 iPad Pro (non-M1). I eagerly loaded it up to experiment and immediately experienced a periodic crackling that I couldn’t resolve by increasing my buffer size. The issue exists in both Synthmaster 1+2. My searching for a solution on Google led me here.

I was disheartened to read the series of replies here in this thread. I am here to confirm that this problem exists on non-M1 iPad Pros as well, not just iPads with the M1 chip. I am running iPad OS v14.7. After reading the responses from the topic starter, kv311, I was further disheartened as they appeared to suggest that anyone with iOS 14.x was kind of on their own and they were kicking the ball back to Apple. I am a huge supporter of IOS music production apps and their developers. This last month alone I have spent about $200+. Apple is updating iPad OS and iOS constantly and if a developer doesn’t work to support their app it makes me wary about it’s longevity. Since I had just purchased the app combo I decided to request a refund after reading the responses from kv311. It’s a shame because I love everything I have heard on YouTube of Synthmaster 1+2. I have an itchy ‘buy finger’ though, once this issue is fixed and Synthmaster is stable I would love to buy it again. The quality is undeniable when it isn’t ‘crackly’. I will continue to watch the updates for a fix.

Kv311, please keep us updated if your developer team is able to get it working again.

Thanks,
Joshua Soltysik

I wanted to post an update since my last post. My intermittent crackling issue I was having on my 2020 iPad Pro with Synthmaster 1+2 stopped. I am not sure what fixed my issue as there was neither an OS update or an update from kv331 audio. My only guess is that I had done a hard shutdown and restart after attempting to fix the cracking issue by increasing buffer size, etc. On a PC this is usually my first action when I am having issues but haven’t had to do that with iPad yet. I am very relieved though and very happy with the quality of Synthmaster 1+2. Synthmaster 1 is a workhorse! Synthmaster 2 is sooo deep and I love the evolving wavetables. I have been having fun using my NanoKey Studio with it and MIDI mapping the parameters. I can see so many uses for this.

I feel bad about my prior post. I am usually very tech savvy. I was just discouraged by the prior convo on this thread and assumed the problem was deeper than it was. My apologies, kv331, I love the product. I will have to get the expansion pack once I get deeper into it. Many thanks.

Cheers,
Joshua

Hi all,

We updated our audio I/O code in the standalone version, which hopefuly fixes the crackling issue for good. We will release a test version on TestFlight in the coming weeks!

Here's the technical detail on this: We were using the older AudioUnit APIs to access the audio output device. However, Apple seems to have deprecated that on devices running iOS 13 and above, and they are recommending all developers to use the newer AVAudioEngine APIs.
Works at KV331 Audio

Codethefutur3 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:35 pm I feel bad about my prior post. I am usually very tech savvy. I was just discouraged by the prior convo on this thread and assumed the problem was deeper than it was. My apologies, kv331, I love the product. I will have to get the expansion pack once I get deeper into it. Many thanks.

Cheers,
Joshua
Hi Joshua, we released SynthMaster 2 v1.0.3 update a couple of days ago, which finally fixed this crackling issue. Don't forget to download this important update.

Thanks!

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio

I think that these ungrateful users need to cut KV331 a little slack...

Funking prima donnas...

If anybody should cop the flack,it is Apple because they keep changing the hardware to suit their own agenda...

I agree with Bulent...

People hide behind user names and make abnoxious comments while KV331 are a target in plain site and that is an uneven playing field...

Calling KV331 "douchebags" is taking it too far...

That is extremely rude and it is not helping with the technical issues...

Why don't the people who are complaining code their own synths ?

I appreciate the efforts of the developers who code the tools I use and I am grateful for their hard work...

They say that gratitude equals altitude and I am always happy to take the positive pathway fowards :wink:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:59 am Why don't the people who are complaining code their own synths ?

I appreciate the efforts of the developers who code the tools I use and I am grateful for their hard work...

They say that gratitude equals altitude and I am always happy to take the positive pathway fowards :wink:
Not sure I understand the coding argument, we're not talking about a free synth here.

Of course insults are unnecessary, can't argue about this, but should the paying customers be grateful to the developer or should it be the other way round? Probably a bit of both, certainly not the customer for the main part (all the more when he's an early adopter IMO).

Whoever is to blame (Apple or kv331) is not the question, everybody can make mistakes (actually kv331 has even more the right to do mistakes than Apple) but the agressive tone of the answers is quite unacceptable and is a really bad advertising for kv331.
Soundcloud - Synthwave & More https://soundcloud.com/canapelee

EdSfer wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:01 am Whoever is to blame (Apple or kv331) is not the question, everybody can make mistakes (actually kv331 has even more the right to do mistakes than Apple) but the agressive tone of the answers is quite unacceptable and is a really bad advertising for kv331.
FYI: The crackling issue -which was the issue brought up in this thread- is now fixed in version 1.0.3.

If you see my tone aggressive, please consider the attitude of the user who reported the issues. Totally negative. Not a single sign of appreciation. Yes, I am a human being and I get offended after getting only negative comments here on this thread after the release of one of the most powerful synths on iOS (I'm not saying this, my users do. Check the reviews written on our AppStore page)
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:40 am
EdSfer wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:01 am Whoever is to blame (Apple or kv331) is not the question, everybody can make mistakes (actually kv331 has even more the right to do mistakes than Apple) but the agressive tone of the answers is quite unacceptable and is a really bad advertising for kv331.
FYI: The crackling issue -which was the issue brought up in this thread- is now fixed in version 1.0.3.

If you see my tone aggressive, please consider the attitude of the user who reported the issues. Totally negative. Not a single sign of appreciation. Yes, I am a human being and I get offended after getting only negative comments here on this thread after the release of one of the most powerful synths on iOS (I'm not saying this, my users do. Check the reviews written on our AppStore page)
Thanks for getting this fixed in 1.0.3 - much appreciated.

Bulent, thanks for your commitment coding the update and your support in the different forums!👍🏽🧔🏼🙏🏽

xd37076 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:17 pm Bulent, thanks for your commitment coding the update and your support in the different forums!👍🏽🧔🏼🙏🏽
:hug: :hug: :hug:
Works at KV331 Audio

I can not get the midi to work properly.
when I select a midi channel, I can not switch between my synths on the iPad. I can not select a Midi channel for SynthMaster and then have my other synths on the other midi channels. When I switch to another synth on another midi channel, SynthMaster 2 continues to play.
Or it will not play when I switch back to the selected channel.
The setup does not last. It switches back to the omni selvon I have chosen a midi channel.
It works fine with SynthMaster Player
JSL

jsl wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:19 pm I can not get the midi to work properly.
when I select a midi channel, I can not switch between my synths on the iPad. I can not select a Midi channel for SynthMaster and then have my other synths on the other midi channels. When I switch to another synth on another midi channel, SynthMaster 2 continues to play.
Or it will not play when I switch back to the selected channel.
The setup does not last. It switches back to the omni selvon I have chosen a midi channel.
It works fine with SynthMaster Player
Hi,

Thanks for the bug report. SynthMaster was indeed not filtering by MIDI channel if the selected channel setting was between Channel 1-16 (as opposed to Omni, Multi, MPE). The issue is fixed now and will be in v1.0.4
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”