Reason 12 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12 Reason Intro Reason Suite

EnochLight wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:28 pm
Eclectrophonic wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:24 pm I'm not actually a fan of the new Combinator from what I've seen / used of it so far. The old one was way more cool graphically.
Yeah I'm going to have to disagree with you 100% there. The old one doesn't even hold a candle compared to what Combinator 2 can do, IMHO - both functionally and graphically.
Functionality wise yeah but not the look, not for me anyway and that ReGroove mixer, crikey, yuk.

Eclectrophonic wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:34 pm Functionality wise yeah but not the look, not for me anyway
I mean - unlike the old Combinator, you can literally have high-res 4K backdrops that look indistinguishable from native devices, so how it looks is 100% up to the sound designer. Not sure why you think that's worse than the old one?
Eclectrophonic wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:34 pm and that ReGroove mixer, crikey, yuk.
Well now you're moving the goalposts, but I'll bite: I actually prefer the new ReGroove mixer look. Hoping they give the main mixer a modern facelift as well. :D :lol: Kidding, kidding - I know the look of the new ReGroove mixer is an acquired taste. :tu:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:46 pm
Eclectrophonic wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:34 pm Functionality wise yeah but not the look, not for me anyway
I mean - unlike the old Combinator, you can literally have high-res 4K backdrops that look indistinguishable from native devices, so how it looks is 100% up to the sound designer. Not sure why you think that's worse than the old one?
Eclectrophonic wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:34 pm and that ReGroove mixer, crikey, yuk.
Well now you're moving the goalposts, but I'll bite: I actually prefer the new ReGroove mixer look. Hoping they give the main mixer a modern facelift as well. :D :lol: Kidding, kidding - I know the look of the new ReGroove mixer is an acquired taste. :tu:
Yeah it's a backwards step that ReGroove mixer especially when we've been used to seeing it a particular way for years. Looks like a poor Ableton design now.

Eclectrophonic wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:15 pm
Yeah it's a backwards step that ReGroove mixer especially when we've been used to seeing it a particular way for years. Looks like a poor Ableton design now.
Perhaps they will add some different skin options later when the dust settles and they make the transport bar and sequencer HD :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I didn't even realize the ReGroove mixer got updated until now, but I think it's a huge improvement and a far better look following The Great Flattening of Reason 8. ReGroove was most at home on the retro skeuomorphic Reason 5 transport bar, but in later versions felt out of place like some kind of vestigial naughties eyesore. Now if they can just do something about that aging SSL mixer.

Tronam wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:36 pm I didn't even realize the ReGroove mixer got updated until now, but I think it's a huge improvement and a far better look following The Great Flattening of Reason 8. ReGroove was most at home on the retro skeuomorphic Reason 5 transport bar, but in later versions felt out of place like some kind of vestigial naughties eyesore. Now if they can just do something about that aging SSL mixer.
Don't understand it, the old ReGroove looked cool, the new one is like a basic outline before you've designed it and added graphics to it.

If they did the same to the mixer then that would solidify once and for all that I'd never be moving back to Reason as my main daw from Reaper. If you meant adding features, then yes, Bypass All fx button anyone?

Tronam wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:36 pm I didn't even realize the ReGroove mixer got updated until now, but I think it's a huge improvement and a far better look following The Great Flattening of Reason 8. ReGroove was most at home on the retro skeuomorphic Reason 5 transport bar, but in later versions felt out of place like some kind of vestigial naughties eyesore. Now if they can just do something about that aging SSL mixer.
^^ THIS X 1000 ^^ :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Tronam wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:36 pmNow if they can just do something about that aging SSL mixer.
God please nooooooooooooooooooooo! :tantrum:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:03 pm
Tronam wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:36 pmNow if they can just do something about that aging SSL mixer.
God please nooooooooooooooooooooo! :tantrum:
The only graphical enhancement I would like for the main mixer is theme's to affect it, oh and add a couple more themes while they're at it - silver maybe and proper jet black?

I don't know if the regroove mixer is a glimpse at things to come or just a rushed quick fix to make it HD...but I am pretty sure a lot of RS will get a facelift, I am also sure some will love it and some will hate it !
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Eclectrophonic wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:43 pm
Don't understand it, the old ReGroove looked cool, the new one is like a basic outline before you've designed it and added graphics to it.
This is when the old ReGroove mixer looked cool, where every UX design element from top to bottom had a coherent consistency. In Reason 11 using the dark theme it doesn't look cool at all, and the mixer is that on steroids. If they want to retain the vintage hardware aesthetic, at least provide matching themes so that I'm not blinded every time I tap F5.
drum-regroove.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

noremorse wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:39 pm If you fail to realise that mechanism that is on you.

Stop posturing/throwing pies and provide something of substance that it's actually possible to respond to. If you truly believe you've made some kind of point... Sad wouldn't even begin to describe it.

Oh Im sorry if the concept of the pareto principle is something that flew over your head, just maybe have a look at some wikipedia page to garsp that concept?

The point is, no matter if its Reason, any other daw, or whatever you you chose to pick, there is a vocal minority claiming there opionions to be the right ones, and that same small group makes a lot of noice. Critics against them are shut down with the kind of argument you just made.

You simply just dont understand the mechanism behind it all, people complaining about something will always be more vocal, making there points more known than all the ones that are just fine.

So, you're just ignored from here on since you can't crasp that concept. And it's not even my point, it is something that has been well researched and known for at least the last 100 years (As a mattr of fact the Pareto principle dates back to 1896 so trying to pin that on social media is really fun :D)

Yes even more smileys you seem to need them...

---

noremorse wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:39 pm
noremorse wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:39 pm If you fail to realise that mechanism that is on you.

Stop posturing/throwing pies and provide something of substance that it's actually possible to respond to. If you truly believe you've made some kind of point... Sad wouldn't even begin to describe it.

Oh Im sorry if the concept of the pareto principle is something that flew over your head, just maybe have a look at some wikipedia page to garsp that concept?

The point is, no matter if its Reason, any other daw, or whatever you you chose to pick, there is a vocal minority claiming there opionions to be the right ones, and that same small group makes a lot of noice. Critics against them are shut down with the kind of argument you just made.

You simply just dont understand the mechanism behind it all, people complaining about something will always be more vocal, making there points more known than all the ones that are just fine.

So, you're just ignored from here on since you can't crasp that concept. And it's not even my point, it is something that has been well researched and known for at least the last 100 years (As a mattr of fact the Pareto principle dates back to 1896 so trying to pin that on social media is really fun :D)

Yes even more smileys you seem to need them...
and I made it clear that this off topic crap will stop...as has been mentioned this will be released soon and there will be more threads...please leave it to the mods to handle and not baiting/feeding the trolls.

I am gonna lock this now
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”