DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Hey guys, just released 100 atmospheric texture presets for Dune 3 using the new sampler player. The 3 osc/sample player is surprisingly good for this. Free demo presets if anyone is interested it checking it out - https://newloops.com/products/atmospheric-textures

Yes it is good.
Too bad there is not a Wavetable of a few inputs to change the sound according to the octaves.
We get by with the filters.

Does anyone know what synths the Dune 3 filters are based one? Specifically I'm wondering if the Alpha filter is based on the Alpha Juno filter. Thanks

Biome_Digital wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:21 am Hey guys, just released 100 atmospheric texture presets for Dune 3 using the new sampler player. The 3 osc/sample player is surprisingly good for this. Free demo presets if anyone is interested it checking it out - https://newloops.com/products/atmospheric-textures
It's wonderful to see someone else working with the Sample Osc. There are some great atmospheres in your demo pack. Well done :tu:

If anyone owns Alchemy there are some great .wav files in its content that can be used in D3's Sample Osc. Also some of the .wav files for Zampler will work. Usually a well looped C3 or C4 file is best.

Layering the Sample Osc with the VA, WT and FM Oscs yields a lot of possibilities :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:54 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:21 am Hey guys, just released 100 atmospheric texture presets for Dune 3 using the new sampler player. The 3 osc/sample player is surprisingly good for this. Free demo presets if anyone is interested it checking it out - https://newloops.com/products/atmospheric-textures
It's wonderful to see someone else working with the Sample Osc. There are some great atmospheres in your demo pack. Well done :tu:

If anyone owns Alchemy there are some great .wav files in its content that can be used in D3's Sample Osc. Also some of the .wav files for Zampler will work. Usually a well looped C3 or C4 file is best.

Layering the Sample Osc with the VA, WT and FM Oscs yields a lot of possibilities :)

Biome_Digital
Good sound design, very interesting sounds.
You have the ear :)

I am considering Dune 3 for evolving pads and atmospheres. I got the demo which hardly has any patches but it sounded real good. As a sound designer would you say Dune 3 has any special features to lend itself to these sounds in particular?

I see a few ambient sound packs available for it so this bodes well. My initial reaction of Dune was almost of the Roland D-50.

I seen it was using a lot of "active voices" even with one key held?

rubez wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:05 pm I am considering Dune 3 for evolving pads and atmospheres. I got the demo which hardly has any patches but it sounded real good. As a sound designer would you say Dune 3 has any special features to lend itself to these sounds in particular?

I see a few ambient sound packs available for it so this bodes well. My initial reaction of Dune was almost of the Roland D-50.

yes, Dune3 is definitely a synth for cinematographic sounds because of his dual awesome filters, 4 MSEG, 3 polyphonic LFO and 8 actives voices (layers) and with a light cpu cost.

rubez wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:05 pm
I am considering Dune 3 for evolving pads and atmospheres. I got the demo which hardly has any patches but it sounded real good. As a sound designer would you say Dune 3 has any special features to lend itself to these sounds in particular?

Yeah the layers probably. Dune can do cinematic sounds, try my free demo presets to hear, links in sig, or newloops.com :tu:

The Mod Matrix is your friend ;)

AnX wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:33 pm The Mod Matrix is your friend ;)
yes, and with 32 slots you have plenty :love:

Hi , I'm looking to buy synths with midi ccs for my novation slmkiii midi controller does dune 3 have midi cc ? I don't really understand the term but my controller work better than midi learn

Influx808 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:26 pm Hi , I'm looking to buy synths with midi ccs for my novation slmkiii midi controller does dune 3 have midi cc ? I don't really understand the term but my controller work better than midi learn
Yes, Dune3 have midi CC.
A controller use MIDI CC and a synth respond to the controller with a MIDI CC that the synth learn.
On the other hand, you can modify the MIDI CC from your controller to use the default MIDI CC from your synth.

Thank you are there other synths you recommend? Il be getting dune 3 and maybe tone2 stuff if they are compatible with midi cc

Return to “Instruments”