Contest: September Gossip ”Simplicity” with the results.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Hellfog on Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Okay, not that many instruments (according to rules) is ambiguous. How many instruments is "not too many?" 2, 3, 5?

At what point does it become "too many" instruments?

I mean a simple Piano/Bass/Drums arrangement is already 3 instruments and that's almost bare bones nothing.

So some clarification would be nice.

The theme is Simplicity without complexity, so it should be very simple and very few instruments 1-3.

I am working on a track with piano, guitar, drums and bass. The piano is essential but I cannot decide which of the others to drop. :(

mountainmaster wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:23 pm I am working on a track with piano, guitar, drums and bass. The piano is essential but I cannot decide which of the others to drop. :(
What about only 3 instruments playing at any one time, would that count?
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

are drums one instrument? or 3 instruments(kick, snare, hihat)?
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

3lu5iv3 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:10 pm are drums one instrument? or 3 instruments(kick, snare, hihat)?
Yes drums are one instrument.

The Noodlist wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:38 pm
mountainmaster wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:23 pm I am working on a track with piano, guitar, drums and bass. The piano is essential but I cannot decide which of the others to drop. :(
What about only 3 instruments playing at any one time, would that count?
I would use 4 instruments and accept the points reduction which it might cause.
On the other hand, guitar + bassdrum = bassguitar / guitar + FX = bassguitar / bassguitar + FX = guitar /guitar + slide + FX = strange contrabass or cello? / a good string synth maybe = guitar and bassguitar and violin and cello and contrabass

hmmmm ...

so, minimal voicings, 4 mins, simple but beautiful.
not sure about the last one (eye of the beholder and all that) but i guess i can do something this month :D

trying a simple "piano - tape delay - tape." type thing.
piano bit, sorted, delays keep just nudging me a little over 4 mins :cry:

I really must make an effort this month. Been lacking inspiration for so long :(
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

what a coincidence.

as i don't feel like i have any more musical ideas at the moment - i improvised a small calm piece; consisting of drums, synth and piano. fits your description perfectly. if it is nice and beuatiful... oh?! ... well then you have to decide.

maybe this will be my last piece for a long time.
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:24 pm
maybe this will be my last piece for a long time.
no! :smack:

@Dirtgrain, your submission is not downloadable.

Return to “Music Cafe”