Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:19 pm The next version of Surge will have a modulation list that contains overview of all modulation in the patch.[...]
big like. to add a mod matrix is a smart thing to do in order to adjust precisely and have a better overview.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

I wouldn't exactly call it a mod matrix... but that's semantics. Mod matrices usually have a fixed number of slots, this here only lists existing modulations, but in two out of three modes it will allow you adding new mod assignments. It's just a different view into Surge's deep modulation system.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:27 am I wouldn't exactly call it a mod matrix... but that's semantics. Mod matrices usually have a fixed number of slots, this here only lists existing modulations, but in two out of three modes it will allow you adding new mod assignments. It's just a different view into Surge's deep modulation system.
Two of three modes plus the benefi of not only reading the connections but also adding new ones....super great !!! :clap: :tu:

It's basically explained here.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:10 pm It's basically explained here.
Thank´s that was exactly what I was hoping for. :tu: :tu: :tu:

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:27 am I wouldn't exactly call it a mod matrix... but that's semantics. Mod matrices usually have a fixed number of slots, this here only lists existing modulations, but in two out of three modes it will allow you adding new mod assignments. It's just a different view into Surge's deep modulation system.
which might help anyway, so... yeah... eager to see what you come up with. :tu:
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

I rarely promise things, but it will be great - I promise! :)

(I'm a dead man if we fail, aren't I?)

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:09 pm I rarely promise things, but it will be great - I promise! :)

(I'm a dead man if we fail, aren't I?)
hahaaa, i promise i won't kill you if you fail. but i'll tell you. :D
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

Hehe. You're very welcome to our Discord server brok, when we get around to implementing the UI layout for the modulation list all feedback would be welcome - and we usually get that from users testing nightly versions and contacting us on Discord.

I'm getting nothing but a black rectangle in Newsonicarts Freestyle (latest public beta) on Mohave - followed by a crash when I close the window. This is with the latest 1.9.0 public build (not tried the nightly)

I am totally excited about my "new" find. I tried Surge a while ago but for some reason I could not get familiar with it. But now, the new oscillators (Twist, etc.) allone :o :clap: :tu: . I would really like to help with this project getting further. Sadly, I can not code :( . But I would consider myself a rather advanced synthesist, so I would really like to see new versions and try them and help in that way.
So I made a discord and GitHub account but I am a bit lost, though.
Is there an alpha version (nightly ???) out yet?

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:03 pm I'm getting nothing but a black rectangle in Newsonicarts Freestyle (latest public beta) on Mohave - followed by a crash when I close the window. This is with the latest 1.9.0 public build (not tried the nightly)
1.9 works fine over here in Freestyle... W10 tho.

Yeah I think this is a Mac only issue but James tells me it’s similar to one that was fixed a while ago in Surge

Ha no idea... Try the XT nightly?

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:22 pm Ha no idea... Try the XT nightly?
Can this be downloaded yet? And where?

Return to “Instruments”