Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

zvenx wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:32 pm I just started my pc and after booting up it asked me to allow RoLand Cloud some network privileges (which it had never asked me before)
then it asked me to sign in to roland cloud but took me a website with a strange looking address.

Is this legit or have they/me been hacked?
rsp
I think that is the new way.
The same happened to me when i opened the Rolandcloud app and once i logged in there i could open the Roland cloud app.

ok.. thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Yes, it happened to me too. I was a little scared. It seems that, instead of fixing this thing to perform as it should, they are trying to make it even worse. And nothing worth mention is being released - just two drum machines noone asked for, as if we didn't have plenty of those already.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:46 pm And nothing worth mention is being released - just two drum machines noone asked for, as if we didn't have plenty of those already.
In your opinion.

I'm glad that Roland released the 2 drum machines. I'd like to see them expand the collection even more with some truly vintage Roland drum machines from back in the day, machines that are older than the 606/707/808/909 etc.

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:59 pm I'm glad that Roland released the 2 drum machines. I'd like to see them expand the collection even more with some truly vintage Roland drum machines from back in the day, machines that are older than the 606/707/808/909 etc.
I agree. The 707 and 727 are very welcome additions. The CR-78 and TR-77 would both be nice to have too.
Stormchild

i like the new drum machines, but it's true: i don't remember a single request for them, while plenty of other repeated requests were ignored. oh well.

the good news is that at least the legendary series and ACB is not dead, so there is hope for more to follow.

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:59 pm
fmr wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:46 pm And nothing worth mention is being released - just two drum machines noone asked for, as if we didn't have plenty of those already.
In your opinion.

I'm glad that Roland released the 2 drum machines. I'd like to see them expand the collection even more with some truly vintage Roland drum machines from back in the day, machines that are older than the 606/707/808/909 etc.
Of course, it's my opinion, as what you told above is YOUR opinion.

But I'm sure my opinion is shared by many others. Lots of people requested the JD-800/JD-990. People have also been requesting the V-Synth, as well as another of the Jupiter synths (either the Jupiter-6 or the Jupiter-4). The same goes for the V-330. Some even asked for the sampler (S-770). Roland has many devices that could, and probably deserve to be emulated way before the drum machines which, and I repeat, NOONE ASKED FOR.

Do you REALLY think there are more people pleased with these TR drum machines that there would be with any of the synths mentioned above?

I'm sure there will be some kids that will be pleased with these for a while, until they fall into oblivion again.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:34 am Do you REALLY think there are more people pleased with these TR drum machines that there would be with any of the synths mentioned above?
No, I don't really think that and I would never make such an absurd claim.

Of course it would be bigger news if Roland had released a JD-880 for example instead of a 707 and there would be more hype and talk about it if they did.

I suppose that it's a bit more work to make a JD-880 than it is to make a drum machine.

I'd like to see a JD-880 and many other things too, but I am still happy to see new drum machines.

For all we know, they could already be working on such a plugin.

Roland obviously has their own ideas over what they will make and when they will release it. Forums are full of wacky ideas and suggestions by arm chair generals who think they know how to run corporations better than the corporations themselves.

I'm a patient guy. I think that a JD-880 will eventually be released sooner or later, or perhaps much later. In the meantime, I'm not going to get upset if other stuff is released in that time.

222 pages...on the lost mess known as Roland today.

SMH

^ In your humble opinion
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

according to you ^

^ and Julio
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Do you really need to see 'imho' in each post in order to function here? Of course it's opinion, it's a forum.

Aloysius wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:10 pm ^ In your humble opinion

As an aside, I do think Roland will make a comeback (which likely requires a deep re-org).

jojoB3 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:52 pm As an aside, I do think Roland will make a comeback (which likely requires a deep re-org).
How many times? There is a saying that History repeats itself, but not exactly the same way. First is Drama, then it's Tragedy, finally its Comedy. Are we going to watch the Comedy now?
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”