A few feature requests

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First off, as a huge fan of One Small Clue's Poise, I'm really into this plugin. I have a few features would come in handy, maybe consider for future release?

1. Midi learn for sample start, stop, zoom in/out, zoom left/right (so key for exploring sounds)
2. Midi learn for ADSR (nice to have)
3. A delay (DADSR) for sample start would be useful too for layering
4. For stereo samples, option to mono (per layer) with either L+R sum (-3db), L only, R only. This would be super useful for longer, interesting samples so we could use them and find cool start points without running into zero cross issues which create clicks.
5. Eventually looping for forward with cross fading and forward backward (bounce) options, but option 4 would also be useful too to deal with zero crossing.

Really excited about this plug, finally a potential replacement for Poise that doesn't hurt my eyes. UI is crisp and very usable, great stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions.

1. and 2. - Right now, midi learn is implemented on a parameters level, which means that you can set midi cc to every pad parameter but not to layer parameter (i.e. every pad has its midi cc for volume)...
I'm planing to add another midi learn mode which will be on a gui controls level, so when you add, for example, a midi cc to a volume control it will control the volume of an active pad/layer... in that mode all controls will have midi learn functionality

3. You have the Offset parameter on a layer with which you can delay sample by 0-500ms, is that what you mean?

4. "To mono" is already on my todo list, but L only, R only is also a good idea, thanks

5. Interesting idea, I will definitely think about it

apisonic wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:08 am Thanks for the suggestions.

1. and 2. -
I'm planing to add another midi learn mode which will be on a gui controls level, so when you add, for example, a midi cc to a volume control it will control the volume of an active pad/layer... in that mode all controls will have midi learn functionality
Awesome! Can't wait!
apisonic wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:08 am 3. You have the Offset parameter on a layer with which you can delay sample by 0-500ms, is that what you mean?
That's exactly it, bloops! thanks!
apisonic wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:08 am 4. "To mono" is already on my todo list, but L only, R only is also a good idea, thanks
Awesome! For sampling older recordings this is especially useful since that's where you find a completely different instrument balance depending on the channel you choose, very cool if you could do this!
apisonic wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:08 am 5. Interesting idea, I will definitely think about it
Woohoo! I totally appreciate wanting to limit the scope of your plugin, so I'd understand if it doesn't get there.

I hope it is okay to reuse this thread to add another few feature requests:
- Make sure that the "speedkit" extension is being used when saving a drumkit. On linux,the file extension does not seem to be added when saving a kit. Hence, when loading the kit, the default filter in the dialog might not show your recently saved kits
- I love the velocity mapping feature when drag and dropping a set of files. The only available mapping option (split - high to low velocity) might not fit all use cases though. In my case, most file sets are actually inverse. Would it be possible to add "Linear Split - Low to High"? Logarithmic splits might be useful as well but I don't have a use case right now.

Thank you for offering Speedrun on Linux!

Thanks for suggestions!
I'm aware of file extension problem on Linux, and looking for the proper way to fix that.
And velocity menu will get "inverse" option for sure ;)

Return to “Apisonic Labs”