TOP 10 'Must have' old free synths

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My sound design obsession start with few free 32bit vst synths,some of which i like and use till today among newer 64 bit vsti.
Each year new free synths are released,some of them very powerful like Vital and Surge,replacing old ones and the order of favorites is changing,so this is my 2021 'Must have' old synths list,based on my taste of sound and usefulness in the mix:
1.Synth1
2.TAL NoiseMaker (4.7)
3.Tone2 Firebird
4.Podolski (also all other uhe free vst)
5.T-Force alpha(1.52 64bit)
6.Contralogic Feldspar
7.PG8X
8.Vk-1 Viking
9.Fullbucket (all synths)
10.Tunefish

The new releases i like and use:
1.Deducktion
2.Collab
3.Monique - first preset i made for it today :
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/moniqu ... /downloads
Last edited by VELLTONE MUSIC on Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:00 am, edited 4 times in total.

Class Synth to Food

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:06 am My sound design obsession...
How do you find time to fit any in.....?

AnX wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:13 am
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:06 am My sound design obsession...
How do you find time to fit any in.....?
That's why is obsession,it's part of your life :)
I am subtractive synthesis lover and my preferences are kind of limited in this direction,so if FM or ADDITIVE synthesis enthusiasts have different list, please share it ,so newbies to find something according to their taste :)
Music is magic and beauty,how not to find time? :)
Cheers :)

I meant in-between all your threads here :lol:

have to wait for more serious users i guess :)
There is really nice synths out there, which stay under the radar and never get enough attention.
Today you can produce pro music with two-three commercial and 10-15 free vst synth plus tones of dope free fx.
It wasn't possible 10 years ago,so for newbies is perfect time to start their music career,hoby,mania or obsession :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:50 am Today you can produce pro music with two-three commercial and 10-15 free vst synth plus tones of dope free fx.
It wasn't possible 10 years ago
utter bullshit.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:53 am
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:50 am Today you can produce pro music with two-three commercial and 10-15 free vst synth plus tones of dope free fx.
utter bullshit.
which one?

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:54 am
utter bullshit.
which one?
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:50 am It wasn't possible 10 years ago

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:54 am
utter bullshit.
which one?
The latter. It is also scientifically proven though that you only need 1,853 commercial synths in average to produce pro music.

OK agree :)I mean it wasn't so easy and free 10 years ago - no free daw like cakewalk,no free synths like vital so on in that direction :)
There is really superb free stuff now :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:32 am OK agree :)I mean it wasn't so easy and free 10 years ago - no free daw like cakewalk
That's a moved goalpost.
,no free synths like vital so on in that direction :)
That's a moved goalpost.

hahaha you make my day...it will be more interesting,if somebody say something related to the topic or music at all,than to analyze or deny all i'm sayin ...before such blsht would make me angry,now is amusing :):):)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:03 pmit will be more interesting,if somebody say something related to the topic or music at all,than to analyze or deny all i'm sayin
So basically you only want people to respond if they agree with you. Nuff said.

Passing Bye wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:10 am Class Synth to Food
Which synth is haggis?
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”