Expressive E Imagine, physical modeling synth plugin in collaboration with AAS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Imagine

trackbout wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:07 am They keep making synths that I assume MUST be MPE, but are confusingly not. Still, looks and sounds awesome. Hopefully MPE is on the road map.
Was shocked that Noisy wasn't MPE. Not unexpected this time.

pdxindy wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:37 pm
trackbout wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:07 am They keep making synths that I assume MUST be MPE, but are confusingly not. Still, looks and sounds awesome. Hopefully MPE is on the road map.
Was shocked that Noisy wasn't MPE. Not unexpected this time.
Well, they don't have an MPE Controller yet, but it is very expressive and plays out of the box with the Touché which they do have! I cant imagen they wont have these fully set up for the Osmose with special pre-sets using all of the Osmoses unique MPE expression (like MPE Arp) when it finally arrives!

(I hope so anyway as I have both, but until then the Touché makes these worth having)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I hate your awful, flat interface... How are we supposed to know what is and isn't clickable, other than by trial and error, mousing over every part of the interface?

y'know i have the same problem. if there aren't fake wood panels, my mouse just slides off the side of the window.

they have probably run the numbers and didn't find an impetus for prioritization in the business model...why support MPE and sell a few more softs to MPE controller owners, when you can continue to create custom mappings to your hardware which drives hardware sales...hardware sales usually have higher margins and don't get hacked, effectively acting as dongles...probably also why no demo
Last edited by bermudagold on Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

Got an email about this from AAS, was really hoping they would offer a crossgrade for owners of Chromaphone and String Studio but no - just the 40% offer that everyone gets. Pity as I would have liked a Chromaphone with decent expression but it should have been in Chromaphone, and now presumably it won't ever be.

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:25 pm Got an email about this from AAS, was really hoping they would offer a crossgrade for owners of Chromaphone and String Studio but no - just the 40% offer that everyone gets. Pity as I would have liked a Chromaphone with decent expression but it should have been in Chromaphone, and now presumably it won't ever be.
People are so defeatist when it comes to audio software, all this doom and gloom about abandonware and lack of support and updates. First of all Expressive E is a completely different company - there is no good reason for AAS to stop working on their products. I see no evidence to get all doomy and gloomy about it. Relax. Enjoy. Make music.

Not defeatism just frustration - this has got a lot of the things Chromaphone users have been asking for since it came out. While I guess it’s not impossible for AAS to also add them to Chromaphone at some point I can see how it might seem to them that doing so would further blur the borders between the two already very similar products. And right now, from my perspective, if I want a Chromaphone clone with the multi dimensional expression and msegs I will have to bite the bullet and pay out again (which is also annoying because a big part of me is tempted to do so, and I’m sure they know I won’t be the only sucker).

For a company that produces a MPE controller ist strange not to support MPE. As I just upgraded to the AAS package I would only get into this if MPE is delivered…

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:27 pm Not defeatism just frustration - this has got a lot of the things Chromaphone users have been asking for since it came out. While I guess it’s not impossible for AAS to also add them to Chromaphone at some point I can see how it might seem to them that doing so would further blur the borders between the two already very similar products. And right now, from my perspective, if I want a Chromaphone clone with the multi dimensional expression and msegs I will have to bite the bullet and pay out again (which is also annoying because a big part of me is tempted to do so, and I’m sure they know I won’t be the only sucker).
simple for me.
Chromaphone is M1 - this isn't :wink:

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:34 pm For a company that produces a MPE controller ist strange not to support MPE. As I just upgraded to the AAS package I would only get into this if MPE is delivered…
Is the Touche MPE? I thought it used regular cc...

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:34 pm For a company that produces a MPE controller ist strange not to support MPE. As I just upgraded to the AAS package I would only get into this if MPE is delivered…
Osmose isn't actually available yet….hopefully it will be MPE by the time it is!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

pinki wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:27 pm
Is the Touche MPE? I thought it used regular cc...
No, it’s just a very sensitive XYZ joystick really, midi or CV - I love mine, but it’s just ‘one key’ of the Osmose!

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:25 pm Got an email about this from AAS, was really hoping they would offer a crossgrade for owners of Chromaphone and String Studio but no - just the 40% offer that everyone gets. Pity as I would have liked a Chromaphone with decent expression but it should have been in Chromaphone, and now presumably it won't ever be.
Just 40% off… how rude of them!

How dare they offer such a shit intro…

It’s an awesome synth if you own the Touché controller.

Return to “Instruments”