2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If the Model:xxxx boxes gain Overbridge I might be interested

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

pekbro wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:11 pm Heh, no amp for now. That's another thing I will need to look at, though I do actually have an old Line6 spider that I haven't used in about 10 years (mostly I've used software for guitar). tbh, I want it for synths mostly. I do have the Animal Factory Orobas which would work for that, but I was wanting something in a pedal.

I'll check out the CM-2 thanks.
Might be worth picking up something like an AC Tone or American Sound to tame/shape dirt pedals into something more recognisable. I never had much luck using distortion pedals with the old spider amps.

For synths you'll want something that does a bit of shaping but not a lot. Fancy "touch sensitive" nuances won't be needed. And classic fuzz pedals will be rather "full on" because of impedence differences. Something like an OD250 should be perfect. (Indeed I believe dist+ is an old friend of the TB-303) From my collection the Boss OD-3 and Catalinbread 5F6 add a nice drive, as does Grumbly Wolf (which is also related to OD250/dist+).

imrae wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:57 am
pekbro wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:11 pm Heh, no amp for now. That's another thing I will need to look at, though I do actually have an old Line6 spider that I haven't used in about 10 years (mostly I've used software for guitar). tbh, I want it for synths mostly. I do have the Animal Factory Orobas which would work for that, but I was wanting something in a pedal.

I'll check out the CM-2 thanks.
Might be worth picking up something like an AC Tone or American Sound to tame/shape dirt pedals into something more recognisable. I never had much luck using distortion pedals with the old spider amps.

For synths you'll want something that does a bit of shaping but not a lot. Fancy "touch sensitive" nuances won't be needed. And classic fuzz pedals will be rather "full on" because of impedence differences. Something like an OD250 should be perfect. (Indeed I believe dist+ is an old friend of the TB-303) From my collection the Boss OD-3 and Catalinbread 5F6 add a nice drive, as does Grumbly Wolf (which is also related to OD250/dist+).
That all looks pretty cool thanks! :)

Hi fellow HW buyers..
I've not been able to read all posts since my last post, but looks exciting purchases made :tu:

I've added a few bits.
1: A148 (S&H and T&H but mainly for a new thing to me Track and Hold.. I had been doing this in a crude way by stopping sequencers.. )
with my case now overflowing and about 90hp over 6 modules, it's time to go up again and so
2: Eowave source d'energie ( departure from the Row powers I use).
then a few weeks later, with the recent addition of Mindphaser, I figured some more modulation source was needed.
I'd been trying out phasing in and out the fold and PM on Mindphaser and FM and PM on Omega-Phi.. was interesting but not really cutting it and so
3: TINRS "Wobbler"... yeah.. just a few days in and it's cutting it.. loving it. )))
BUT... ther's a problem.. It has 2 modulation outputs BUT 4 CV_modulation INPUTS... so, need more modulation and attenuverturs etc etc for the modulator... who ever said you can never have enough VCA's is only part right.. that's how it is ;)

and today, I really did succumb to the great GAS in the sky...
tomorrow should arrive something I'm not even sure I'm gonna like... hahah.. seriously.

I've never really been into granular stuff... but since I first saw it months ago it has intrigued me ..

and as I have to put another 168hp rail and 90hp, there would be an unbearable space (blanks.. you say... get'away.. :P )

so I argued with my self... 47hp... this is actually quiet cheap (oh my... the bullshit we can give ourselves LMFAO )

4: ADDAC's new Looper/Granular ....

I figured I can always get my money back if it doesn't work out (I got a very good deal ;) )

So that's me done... done done.. (until )

awesome :tu:
good to see you too, been a while :hug:

hope alls well :)

vurt wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:52 pm awesome :tu:

Yeah... I'm going into new territory here... but that's the journey.

All's as well as can be expected... bit boring routine.. my old mum's get more frail. She's still as mad as ever (We used to spend a lot of time in the Canaries.. we'd go out dancing at night.. she'd hustle drinks by betting guys she could stand at the bar and put a foot on the bar... she was in her late 70's early 80's).

How's it North of Watford? and I hope you and yours are all good...

how old is Rosie now?

toonertik wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:11 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:52 pm awesome :tu:

Yeah... I'm going into new territory here... but that's the journey.

All's as well as can be expected... bit boring routine.. my old mum's get more frail. She's still as mad as ever (We used to spend a lot of time in the Canaries.. we'd go out dancing at night.. she'd hustle drinks by betting guys she could stand at the bar and put a foot on the bar... she was in her late 70's early 80's).

How's it North of Watford? and I hope you and yours are all good...

how old is Rosie now?
shes 2 end of next month :)

your mums a trooper! :tu:
the past couple of years probably hasnt helped the frailty, if you keep moving it keeps you moving, sadly wasnt really an option :?

im getting out a bit more to see the missus now, but its still only once a fortnight at the min and she comes here the opposite, as we dont want to be on public transport too much.
blitz spirit n all that :hihi:

elxsound wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:24 pm Anyone ever purchase from Sound Gas? https://soundgas.com/
I haven't but a couple of people I know have. I don't think they had any problems with their purchases. I think they both said he was up for a bit of price negotiation (they can look a bit expensive).

resynthesis wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:33 pm
elxsound wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:24 pm Anyone ever purchase from Sound Gas? https://soundgas.com/
I haven't but a couple of people I know have. I don't think they had any problems with their purchases. I think they both said he was up for a bit of price negotiation (they can look a bit expensive).
Ah, nice! I didn’t try any negotiations but I should have. This was for the Oto Bam. Once the exchange rate kicked in, I walked away because the price got too high. I’ll give them another look once I take a closer look at Bim.

Bam should be here Monday (fingers crossed)

pekbro wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:36 pm You don't carry empress effects? I was looking to see if I could get the euroburo from you, but it seems like a no go.
Thanks for asking. I'll see if I can get it.

Uncle E wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:03 am
pekbro wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:36 pm You don't carry empress effects? I was looking to see if I could get the euroburo from you, but it seems like a no go.
Thanks for asking. I'll see if I can get it.
Thx Eric :tu:

Bam came early! So far I'm liking this. It's not going to replace everything but I'm liking the buy. I just have to buy some Cioks adapters to make this a bit more flexible for placement.

Mercury7 still has my favorite Plate setting, but this sounds nice. Once I get this set up as an aux send, I'm going to be even happier using the Freeze function.

Nice :tu:

Another long standing short-list 'grab-it-while-it's-in-stock', indispensable. 8)

(Detroit Modular has some: https://www.detroitmodular.com/eurorack ... lta-v.html)

Delta V.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:56 am Another long standing short-list 'grab-it-while-it's-in-stock', indispensable. 8)

(Detroit Modular has some: https://www.detroitmodular.com/eurorack ... lta-v.html)

Delta V.jpg
Those are excellent imo, I have the older one. Those guys tend to make revisions a lot, much to my
chagrin. I am interested in the vortex, no way I am going to buy it right off the bat though.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”