Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

anoise wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:38 pm
anoise wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:27 am Is this version buggy?
It's not, my mistake. :dog: I forgot to switch the power plan from Balanced to High Performance. :oops:
Are you on a laptop ? I never change my power plan tbh, but then i'm on a desktop.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

briefcasemanx wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:12 am
Ploki wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:34 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:34 am
e-crooner wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:21 pm How long did it take?
I think bugs should be fixed within 3-5 days.
Good luck with that one.

Never become a software developer.
half a year is still a bit much for critical bugs like consistent error on export
Okay, but saying bugs need to be fixed in 3-5 days is not an intelligent or informed statement.
Others manage to, Tal for instance.

Is it possible to edit the skins/themes somehow?

chk071 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:42 am Might wanna consider an upgrade though. Even with Balanced power plan, I rarely run into CPU spikes.
Yes, it's time to upgrade, my i7-4771 is old.
LeVzi wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:55 pm Are you on a laptop ? I never change my power plan tbh, but then i'm on a desktop.
Desktop, most of the time on high performance.

anoise wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:30 am
chk071 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:42 am Might wanna consider an upgrade though. Even with Balanced power plan, I rarely run into CPU spikes.
Yes, it's time to upgrade, my i7-4771 is old.
LeVzi wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:55 pm Are you on a laptop ? I never change my power plan tbh, but then i'm on a desktop.
Desktop, most of the time on high performance.
Im curious, why do you change the power plan to balanced ?

LeVzi wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:45 am Im curious, why do you change the power plan to balanced ?
To reduce power consumption when I'm not doing CPU intensive audio work, however in the last years, I left it on high performance all the time. Does is save much power by switching to balanced? I don't know, I did not measure... :roll:

I always switch to balanced when I'm not running my DAW. No point in always running the CPU at maximum clock rate.

anoise wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:11 am
LeVzi wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:45 am Im curious, why do you change the power plan to balanced ?
To reduce power consumption when I'm not doing CPU intensive audio work, however in the last years, I left it on high performance all the time. Does is save much power by switching to balanced? I don't know, I did not measure... :roll:
The CPU doesn't run at 100% all the time when high performance power plan is selected and it won't make any difference tbh to your system. I run mine at high power 24/7 , and the CPU is overclocked so heat is high anyway. The CPU meter shows you how the CPU is having power drained. As for what power it saves, where would it save it from ? I can't see it making any difference. If you want USB suspend or display powering down etc, thats a different story but USB suspend can cause more issues than its worth.

LeVzi wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:41 am The CPU doesn't run at 100% all the time when high performance power plan is selected
It does.
Energiesparplan_Hoechstleistung.png
Just check your task manager Performance -> CPU tab when activating it.

That's the whole point of activating that plan -> so that the CPU doesn't throttle.

Running your CPU at 100% even when your computer is idling, or your browsing the net, or even gaming or something, is complete waste, and will wear your CPU faster.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

e-crooner wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:21 pm How long did it take?
I think bugs should be fixed within 3-5 days.
Sounds like you want them to introduce more bugs in the process.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

chk071 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:20 am
LeVzi wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:41 am The CPU doesn't run at 100% all the time when high performance power plan is selected
It does.

That's the whole point of activating that plan -> so that the CPU doesn't throttle.

Running your CPU at 100% even when your computer is idling, or your browsing the net, or even gaming or something, is complete waste, and will wear your CPU faster.
Why on earth would you even change minimum state to 100% ? What is the point of that ? You can have a high performance plan active and leave that at 5% and maximum at 100%, and thats still a high performance plan.

Jeez man... the whole point of the High performance plan is to leave minimum at 100%, so that the CPU doesn't throttle. Throttling the CPU is what leads to spikes and crackles with real time audio.

If you set minimum to 5%, you can as well just stay with the balanced plan, because then it won't give you any advantage when you run your audio.

If you think I'm just talking dung, then read up on it. Every single "Optimize your DAW" article will tell you the same.

chk071 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:12 am Jeez man... the whole point of the High performance plan is to leave minimum at 100%, so that the CPU doesn't throttle. Throttling the CPU is what leads to spikes and crackles with real time audio.

If you set minimum to 5%, you can as well just stay with the balanced plan, because then it won't give you any advantage when you run your audio.

If you think I'm just talking dung, then read up on it. Every single "Optimize your DAW" article will tell you the same.
OK so how does throttling effect the CPU in relation to a DAW ? In fact how does it effect any application ? Or maybe you read that article from 2010 on SOS about it. Running at CPU at 100% non stop would introduce more throttling anyway, thermal throttling unless your cooling rig was high end. And that would end your CPU's life faster. So no, no need for that at all.

A high performance plan doesn't just effect the CPU , there are other aspects to the plan to keep the system optimal.

chk071 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:20 am
It does.

My CPU usage is 1% right now on same plan having 3 tabs of Firefox opened, all cores are equally distributed sharing that 1%, that's what Task Manager monitoring shows. Are you implying that at all time 100% of CPU is used even in idle?

anoise wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:30 am Yes, it's time to upgrade, my i7-4771 is old.
There's really no need, that's really fine CPU even for today's standard, I have 3770 and I'm more than happy with it, tweak your system a little, maybe you got DPC latency issues.

Return to “Instruments”