24 Synth Supersaw Comparison

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some of you are going to hate this. Some of you are going to tell me how it's all done wrong... leave your comments below. :hihi:

24 Synth Supersaw Comparison

I was curious. Do all softsynths sound the same. Can you create an awesome Supersaw on any modern synth? I put 24 synths to the test to compare them. Totally boring, completely unscientific - the results however are interesting. :D

The full details of this little comparison can be found here: https://newloops.com/pages/24-synth-supersaw-comparison

I've uploaded an audio file so you can "listen blind" to 24 glorious supersaws without knowing which is which. I've also made a video that matches the synth to it's audio. Finally, I have zipped up the full 24 bit audio file along with the individual audio files from each synth. This can be downloaded and compared to each other in a DAW.

I'd recommend reading the description before listening.

Enjoy!! (or not) :P

REMEMBER: THIS IS NOT A "BEST SUPER SAW" TEST. It's clinical, dry, and awful sounding. The extreme detune settings demonstrate capability, not pleasantness! 8)
Last edited by Biome_Digital on Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Did you also include all the presets? :D

surreal wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:54 pm Did you also include all the presets? :D
There isn't much of a preset really. It's just dry detune sawtooths. :hihi:

Sylenth1 wasn't included?

At first i didn't want to go in blind, but then i went in blind anyway.
I'll type this as i go, so i can make an ass of myself, then i'll check the results.
#1 okay i guess, not thing special.
#2 instant true 90s sound.
#3 okay.
#4 was just ass
#5 was bad but i liked it subjectively.
#6 beautiful unisono, ass single.
#7 yes please solo line. Unison was ok.
#8 nice solo line, a bit phasey. Nice unisono. i wanna buy this if i don't have it already
#9 phasey solo, shit unisono. no like. will sell if i do have it.
#10 bit thin but ok
#12 gorgeous solo line. gorgeous unison. tie with #2, but maybe #2 is still better
#13 raspy. is this even a saw. Sounds like a sample.
#14 soft. has a special character
#15 dull. Also unisono.
#16 nice solo. meh unisono.
#17 spicey solo, but brighter than others. very fat unisono. I hope this is diva :D
#18 hefy unisono. Is this diva? great unisono.
#19 wtf is this, no.
#20 decent, unisono is shit.
#21 solo line is shit. Unisono is...shit
#22 plasticky as f**k. is this samples
#23 wtf is this lol. decent but so mono..
#24 what garbage is this lol
Last edited by Ploki on Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by Mutant on Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

should've stacked diva :(
it sounds like ass but it's mono compared to other clips
I've heard better Saws than this from Zebra - i bought zebra because of a saw preset :D

I heard the first 3, and thought they were pretty bad, so I switched to the video to see what it is. :oops:

Frankly, though, the differences are not that obvious, if put aside the fact that some of them are only mono (like Diva), or the maximum amount of detuning differs.

I still thought Spire sounded best (unsurprisingly).

That all said, I think what's a bit missing here are plucky sounds utilising the filter + envelope. There's a lot of difference when you utilise that for some sounds.

i think i f**ked my numbers up because #11 ( spire is missing) and it sounds great - but i still think it's a tie in with Hive

Hey peeps, read the page. I mentions most of your feedback. Check the notes at the bottom. This isn't a best supersaw preset test, it's supposed to sound dry and clinical. 😂

Right. Shouldn't have stopped before reading the conclusion. ;)

Not Corona there? :? It has a JP8080 modeled Super 7 unison.

No Tone2 synths either.

Incidentally I bought some presets for Hive off Newloops yesterday, they are pretty good too.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

use them all together for the ultimate super-duper saw!

They sound all the same to me, except for the max setting, where most are too detuned to sound right. The Toneboosters sounds fine even with max detune :)

Return to “Instruments”