Best vst for Supersaw?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JP-4c

No you're right my apologies. I saw the top post on the last page and didn't see that it was an old thread. My bad.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Correction
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Damn it I keep hitting quote instead of edit. I'm going back to bed....... :bang:

Helix as mentioned above did great supersaws. what ever happened to Helix anyway?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Teksonik wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:29 pm No you're right my apologies. I saw the top post on the last page and didn't see that it was an old thread. My bad.
Good for you man, for a moment I thought you were going to go into full denial :)

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:33 pm Helix as mentioned above did great supersaws. what ever happened to Helix anyway?
The site is still up, and you can still buy it, but I dunno if it's been updated at all in the last years.

I assume its still a functioning synth, but then you can still buy Adventus, so I am dubious when I dont see much info.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:01 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:33 pm Helix as mentioned above did great supersaws. what ever happened to Helix anyway?
The site is still up, and you can still buy it, but I dunno if it's been updated at all in the last years.

I assume its still a functioning synth, but then you can still buy Adventus, so I am dubious when I dont see much info.
I see. Adventus is a great synth also :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Hm, some supersaw lovers here... I think it's not only about the synth but about what you do on top of the supersaw and even layering several supersaws. I have loads of take away from this guy here using Cubase own Retrologue: https://youtu.be/3cPof5HYnnQ

Years ago it was on point but has since been superseded like so many other Synths of yesteryear.

From basic memory the developer offered a great Synth, but KVR users wanted a lower price point.
The Developer held his nerve and then it sort of disappeared. :)

] Peter:H [ wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:13 pm I think it's not only about the synth but about what you do on top of the supersaw and even layering several supersaws.
yo dawg, i heard you like supersaws so i supersawed your supersaws.

Best supersaw? - impossible! There isn't a best. I've tested 24 very capable synths and while there are some there I wouldn't choose to use myself because I don't like the sound, there are a bunch that I would happily grab and use for great supersaws.

I would be happy with any of these:
  • ANA 2
    Hive
    Serum
    Vital
    Spire
    DUNE 3
    Rapid
    Pigments
    Zebra2
Some are a little more punchy, some a little smoother, some a little wider, but all very nice. :D

Now, how the envelopes, filters, and effects are on these is a completely different issue! :hihi:

Sure, Spire, Ana2 and Hive2 are the prime candidates for any supersaw list, but I dig Rapid as well, not only for the base supersaw sound but the whole combination of oscillators/envelopes/filters/effects

https://vocaroo.com/11kSLG9mYQJ1

Preset attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by recursive one on Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Biome_Digital wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:20 pm Best supersaw? - impossible! There isn't a best. I've tested 24 very capable synths and while there are some there I wouldn't choose to use myself because I don't like the sound, there are a bunch that I would happily grab and use for great supersaws.

I would be happy with any of these:
  • ANA 2
    Hive
    Serum
    Vital
    Spire
    DUNE 3
    Rapid
    Pigments
    Zebra2
Some are a little more punchy, some a little smoother, some a little wider, but all very nice. :D

Now, how the envelopes, filters, and effects are on these is a completely different issue! :hihi:
I notice you didn't include the Flowstone offering, Viper.
Not even sure if Synth Edit or Flowstone Synths count but maybe Viper?

Norqa wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:16 pm
Years ago it was on point but has since been superseded like so many other Synths of yesteryear.

From basic memory the developer offered a great Synth, but KVR users wanted a lower price point.
The Developer held his nerve and then it sort of disappeared. :)
For me, it were some strange operation decisions (the "main" slider in the middle, and the tedious matrix programming), and the rather weak envelopes which always drew me away from it. The synth sounds nice, and, as has been said, nice supersaw, but, it doesn't have much which would set it apart from Sylenth1. Not to talk about newer synths, because, I think Spire > Sylenth1, e.g.

I asked the dev if I was allowed to sell my license two times, but, he "held his nerve", as you say. ;) Unfortunately that means I ended up with a license catching dust, which would maybe make someone happier out there...

Not that that bothers me too much.

chk071 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:29 pm
I asked the dev if I was allowed to sell my license two times, but, he "held his nerve", as you say. ;)
hehe it sounds like the developer loved your money more than he did his own Synth and its reputation. Which quite frankly beggars belief.
I therefore hope Helix meets its own demise. Retired to the occasional discussion like this.
Sorry but a rogue Developer like that has no room in a busy market.

Return to “Instruments”