Arturia SQ 80 V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SQ80 V

Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:59 pm Any chance for an Ensoniq VFX next? :D
I would love that.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

paradiddle wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:21 pm Just updated to v8 but the ensoniq not there even in my account. Guess it will pop up at some point. Seems they have servers overloads or so like usual.
For me it was at bottom of the list of products in ASC.

Just bought, sounds great!

Has anyone gotten it to show up in Komplete Kontrol / NKS? I like to use it to preview presets easily.
multi-platinum music producer / songwriter
https://www.takaperry.com

Just checked again. It's not under my products, it's listed under 'explore products'. I'll wait t'ill tomorrow ans e-mail them if it doesn't appear by then.

Thanks
Examigan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:37 pm
paradiddle wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:21 pm Just updated to v8 but the ensoniq not there even in my account. Guess it will pop up at some point. Seems they have servers overloads or so like usual.
For me it was at bottom of the list of products in ASC.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Regarding the extra banks, I got them from inside Analog Lab V. Go to the store portion within Analog Lab and select to see only the additional banks that you already own. In my case, there were some that already had a check mark to show that they have been installed. In the case of the two new ones that came with SQ 80 V, i had to click on them to initiate download. The rest should be automatic.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:03 pm Here's the SQ80.png file you can use for your imported bank files. Just drop the image in Shared/Images and then make a copy named the same way you imported banks are named.

SQ-80.png

Here's the ESQ-1.png again:

ESQ-1.png
Thank you.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:49 pm There are still some others I'm missing like Ahhhs. :tu:
Bank: esqx08.SYX > AHHHHS (3rd Patch) :phones:

Ensoniq ESQ Synth Patches (SYX Banks).zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Etienne1973 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:15 am
Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:49 pm There are still some others I'm missing like Ahhhs. :tu:

sick! thank you.

I'm missing a patch on SQ8L called "Syn R". Coolest patch on that synth but I bet it would sound better on the arturia.

SynthLib

https://synthlib.com/brands/ensoniq/ins ... oniq-esq-1

61 syx files with audio previews of each

Free Ensoniq ESQ-1 presets

Digital Wave Synthesizer. This gem of a synth offers three digital oscillators, each with its own digitally controlled amplifier (DCA), which are mixed together to pass through its analog low pass filter. Modulation of pitch, volume, filter cutoff, etc. can be achieved using its three LFOs and/or its four envelopes. These ESQ-1 patches should also work nicely with any ESQ1 software emulation or with the Ensoniq SQ-80.

I don't know if they work yet as my new VSTi is still in DEMO Mode.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

itanever wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:05 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:47 pm SLiC: Yeah, same thoughts.

Their traditional release cycle has been around 18 months, so V Collection 9 should be released around May 2022. It will be interesting to see if they release it earlier.

itanever: I highly doubt BF price will be better than $149, so if the GAS is strong, I'd say go for it. :tu:
I forgot to mention that the upgrade for me is 269, but I only have a few individual licences, so the offer is still very tempting.
Okay, that's probably your best price then, especially if this price was higher than $269 (or not shown at all) before the sale.

jojoB3 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:50 pm ESQ1 $100
SQ80 $200

Having a clue: priceless
AnX wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:05 pm Show me an SQ 80 that has been sold for close to $99 recently, then we can talk about 'reality'
As I thought, you can't.

briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:23 am

sick! thank you.

I'm missing a patch on SQ8L called "Syn R". Coolest patch on that synth but I bet it would sound better on the arturia.
Thanks, I made that patch for SQ8L :D
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Aloysius wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:27 am SynthLib

https://synthlib.com/brands/ensoniq/ins ... oniq-esq-1

61 syx files with audio previews of each

Free Ensoniq ESQ-1 presets

Digital Wave Synthesizer. This gem of a synth offers three digital oscillators, each with its own digitally controlled amplifier (DCA), which are mixed together to pass through its analog low pass filter. Modulation of pitch, volume, filter cutoff, etc. can be achieved using its three LFOs and/or its four envelopes. These ESQ-1 patches should also work nicely with any ESQ1 software emulation or with the Ensoniq SQ-80.

I don't know if they work yet as my new VSTi is still in DEMO Mode.
I loaded some files from this link and they load fine, but I have to import them one at a time. Whereas someone else linked a folder of patches earlier in the thread and i imported one and SQ80 recognized them as a bank, so importing one patch imported the entire folder at the same time. I wonder if there's some way to edit some metadata or something to a bank, so I don't have to import presets one at a time. Arturia should have thought to allow more than one preset import at a time.
olepro wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:11 am Thanks, I made that patch for SQ8L :D
whoa, nice job! That patch is incredible.
Last edited by briefcasemanx on Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:23 am
olepro wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:11 am

sick! thank you.

In fact, the SQ8L factory patches from 41 to 128 is mine.
They are a fraction of all the patches I have made on my SQ80 synth through the ages.
I was beta tester for SIGI Kuhlmann and donated these patches to SQ8L
I am also listed in the synth as patch designer, under info as I remember it :)
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

olepro wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:34 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:23 am
olepro wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:11 am

sick! thank you.

In fact, the SQ8L factory patches from 41 to 128 is mine.
They are a fraction of all the patches I have made on my SQ80 synth through the ages.
I was beta tester for SIGI Kuhlmann and donated these patches to SQ8L
I am also listed in the synth as patch designer, under info as I remember it :)
I bet people would LOVE a preset pack from you, whether for money or free. If you've been making patches for the synth for that long i'm sure you have quite a treasure trove of awesome sounding patches.

I'm gonna see if I can translate Syn.R into a patch on the Arturia. it'll probably teach me about how to program on the SQ80.

Return to “Instruments”