WHATS NEW in the Studio One 5.4 UPDATE! | NATIVE Apple M1 Silicon Support!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

billcarroll wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:03 pm
jamcat wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:15 pm Studio One 5.4 isn't available yet in my Studio One 5 Professional download section.
But it is in my Studio One 5 Demo section. :x

Last time when I upgraded Studio One Pro from v4 to v5, it took PreSonus 3 days to make my purchase available to me. :bang:

They need to get their shit together for paying customers.
Same, although you should be prompted to update when you open Studio One. Or at least that's what happened for me.
Yes me too - their 'mypresonus' site seems to lag behind, but I got the update by opening S1 and clicking on 'check for updates'

I have the Artist version still. I'll give it a go on the M1 and see. If all is well, I might return to native only configuration as it might replace my Cubase on M1 :)

Tested it quickly (native mode only) and it seems it woks fine :) It has mixed strange results with some of NI synths, but in general it works fine with Massive, Massive X, Battery, Maschine2 and Komplete Kontrol. It loads FM8 and Absynth but no sounds. Anyway, they work inside KK, so not a biggie! Reaktor doesn't work as it has no native support.
Hardware works fine as well (KK M32 and ATOM). So, with about one hour testing, no crash with u-he, Rob Papen, The Legend, Factory, TAL and NI. NI is sometimes laggy in starting but everything else is snappy :)

Serhii Kot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:39 pm
antic604 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:27 pm
Sonik31 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:26 pm Finally Saving in background!!!
Autosave has been there for couple of versions already, I believe?

https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/S ... t=autosave
He means, that now it would be without dialog window popup that freezes studio one for a moment of saving. It is pretty annoying in big projects.
It still does that, it just takes less time because the data is cached for autosave.

oneway wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:19 am
Serhii Kot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:39 pm
antic604 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:27 pm
Sonik31 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:26 pm Finally Saving in background!!!
Autosave has been there for couple of versions already, I believe?

https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/S ... t=autosave
He means, that now it would be without dialog window popup that freezes studio one for a moment of saving. It is pretty annoying in big projects.
It still does that, it just takes less time because the data is cached for autosave.
In addition, autosave used to be disabled only during record, now autosave is also disabled during playback.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

I've a feeling that the Studio One 5.5 is gonna be pretty bad...compared to previous updates. Infect there might not be a 5.5 release at all... :clown:
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:41 am I've a feeling that the Studio One 5.5 is gonna be pretty bad...compared to previous updates. Infect there might not be a 5.5 release at all... :clown:
I'm curious about the thought process that led you to that conclusion :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I wish the Windows wankers would f**k off so Presonus can work on nothing but Mac OS fixes.

simmo75 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:40 am...so Presonus can work on nothing but Mac OS fixes.
I'd trust that is something that Apple is working on? ;) :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:42 am
simmo75 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:40 am...so Presonus can work on nothing but Mac OS fixes.
Haha. Yep!
I’m an Apple user, they piss me off too :)

jamcat wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:15 pm Studio One 5.4 isn't available yet in my Studio One 5 Professional download section.
But it is in my Studio One 5 Demo section. :x

Last time when I upgraded Studio One Pro from v4 to v5, it took PreSonus 3 days to make my purchase available to me. :bang:

They need to get their shit together for paying customers.
Open Studio one and find the dropdown menu to "check for downloads".
You update from the app, not from the Presonus website....

Of course... Apple just released Big Sur 11.6 yesterday :tu:

pdxindy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:01 am
Of course... Apple just released Big Sur 11.6 yesterday :tu:
Really?! All my YouTube channels are useless! Thanks for that! Going to update then!

- Potential crash when selecting Browser tabs
When I read this in the bug fixes section I thought my problem was also solved. But it still happens.

When I select "Files" section in the browser which has my "Drum Kits" folder in it, Studio One freezes for 30-40 seconds, then opens the Drum Kits folder inside Files. At first, I thought it was because of my drive (SSD), and checked it manually, when I open Drum Kits folder in Windows Explorer it opens up instantly without freezing or waiting, same for FL. But in Studio One it just freezes for 30 seconds, it really kills the workflow.

I created a ticket last week they said they know the issue and it will be fixed, and today support sent me a message that they solved this in 5.4 but as it can be seen from the notes, it solves the crashing not freezing. I don't have a crash, it just freezes without crashing.

Anyone else experienced the same problem? I'm waiting for support's reply right now.
Last edited by Fornicras on Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

simmo75 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:40 am I wish the Windows wankers would f**k off so Presonus can work on nothing but Mac OS fixes.
I wish the Mac OS wankers would f**k off so Presonus can work on nothing but adding features instead of constantly fixing things that Apple broke.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”