Coming Soon: RX 9

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHUdhFbzYcc

RX8 was pretty underwhelming. Hopefully this time around they implement the highly requested ARA support.

Pointless trailer...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

23 seconds of my life I'll never get back
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

You mean "subscription 9"? I don't expect to see new major features in non-sub version.

pixel85 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:47 am You mean "subscription 9"? I don't expect to see new major features in non-sub version.
There will be new features in the non-subscription verison, but really this is no different than how Microsoft Office is marketed. I'm not sure why people feel the pressing need to litter every thread or reddit post about these products with the same drivel.

The video is worthless and serves no purpose, though. They don't give any useful information beyond "it's coming."

Also, outside of ARA2, RX is already pretty overpowered and priced to match. It is hard to deliver value proposition to users with mature products like this beyond hitting the user lottery and having one of the few features you add address a chief area of interest for that specific user.

This is why subscriptions are a thing.

Once products mature to this point, R&D actually becomes more expensive and intensive, because you are not implementing "solved problems," anymore.

As for ARA2, iZotope may be holding out because RX Connect is only in the higher SKUs of RX and they would like to sell something that has higher profit margins. They may already be pressured enough to put it in there, anyways (Steinberg SpectraLayers, etc.) - but asking for it is like demanding a sun-roof on a 2023 Toyota Corolla.

They would much rather sell you a Camry with options ;-)

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

I'm buying Acon Digital Acoustica.

What is the point of them selling non subscription versions anymore when they don't update them? I upgraded to Music production suite 4 last year and I don't think there has been a single update (except for subscribers).

crickey13 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:07 am I'm buying Acon Digital Acoustica.
Same, I am waiting for black friday sale, going to get Acon Digital Acoustica Premium and put RX7 to bed.

Great, just installed the copy of Music Production Suite 4 I bought two weeks ago.
Email sent, IMO two weeks should be a short enough grace period time to qualify for the free upgrade.

darkinners wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:06 am Same, I am waiting for black friday sale, going to get Acon Digital Acoustica Premium and put RX7 to bed.
The fact that they include a lot of their other plugins such as the mastering suite, which you can use in other DAWs, has sealed the deal for me. A jaw-droppingly good value for the money. I like the simplicity and the serial number activation. I mean there is nothing not to like.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:23 pm Pointless ...
Oh the irony.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

darkinners wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:06 am
Same, I am waiting for black friday sale, going to get Acon Digital Acoustica Premium and put RX7 to bed.
Never heard of Acoustica before, is it capable of doing everything RX8 can?

I mostly use Spectral de-noise and De-reverb in RX but not from the standalone app, I just want to use de-noise and de-reverb by inserting them and process them there, is it possible with Acoustica?

Fornicras wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:08 am
darkinners wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:06 am
Never heard of Acoustica before, is it capable of doing everything RX8 can?

I mostly use Spectral de-noise and De-reverb in RX but not from the standalone app, I just want to use de-noise and de-reverb by inserting them and process them there, is it possible with Acoustica?
I haven't bought them yet but I did a little research on them by the time I wanted to upgrade to RX8 advanced and iZotope shit the bed on their pricing and subscription model. Some people online recommend me to check out Acon Digital.

What you want to do you listed above is 100% work with Acon Digital. DeReverb is outside of Acoustica 7.3 premium suite, you will need to buy their post-production suite , roughly USD 300 total, included everything which is half of what RX8 Advanced cost, plus they have a much better upgrade/crossgrade policy and no subscription model, unlike iZotope now basically leave perpetual license users hanging and only update their subscription model products.

And yes their features come in plugin format so, you don't need to edit in their host Acoustica, you can use those plugins as an insert in your existing daw.
And from the demos I heard online comparing to RX8, Acon Digital actually does most of those things better than RX8.
So I am still using RX7 at the moment and waiting for upcoming Black Friday sale then buy the Acon Post Production suite.

crickey13 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:31 am
darkinners wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:06 am Same, I am waiting for black friday sale, going to get Acon Digital Acoustica Premium and put RX7 to bed.
The fact that they include a lot of their other plugins such as the mastering suite, which you can use in other DAWs, has sealed the deal for me. A jaw-droppingly good value for the money. I like the simplicity and the serial number activation. I mean there is nothing not to like.
exactly this!

darkinners wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:00 pm
crickey13 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:31 am
exactly this!
RX is used a lot in post production. You can't run Acoustica stuff on a Pro Tools HDX system without the "VST Latency" and high CPU use.

As for "leaving perpetual users hanging," I don't factor in theoretical future feature additions when I choose to buy a product. I'm not sure why anyone else would. RX - beyond elements, which is routinely $19-29 - is not a hobbyist product. The issue I have with this promotion is that they're using it as a way to sell RX9, but not telling users anything at all about what it will bring to the table. I'd want to know what I'm paying for. It's like paying to build a house you have no clue about while you live in temporary accommodations.

Acoustica, to me, it is more of a WaveLab competitor than an RX Competitor.

I'd get SpectraLayers if I needed a Spectral Editor to use with a DAW, at this point. That's assuming one isn't already using a DAW with Spectral Editing and usable restoration plug-ins built in.

Also, I'm pretty sure DeVerberate isn't included with Acoustica Premium. I may be wrong, but you can buy that separately for $99.90.

De-Reverb is included in, and delivered as a plug-in with, RX Standard. RX Standard can be had for $149 as an upgrade from RX Elements or even the freebie PhoenixVerb Plug-in Boutique gave away a couple of months ago. There is just no comparison between these two in terms of pricing and value proposition, with the current promotions running... You literally waste money buying Acoustica over RX, unless you actually need something for Mastering or more sophisticated Wave (Not Spectral) Editing (i.e. as a cheaper alternative to Steinberg WaveLab Pro or MAGIX Sound Forge Pro).

Most of the plug-ins that ship with Acoustica Premium are going to be redundant if you own any commercial DAW. Half of the restoration stuff is redundant if you have a cheapo license of RX Elements, even. The Dialog plug-ins can be useful, but I'm not sure they're $200 useful (other options exist, potentially cheaper).

If you get Acoustica, you're generally buying mostly for the Audio Editor, not the plug-ins.

It's not comparable to even RX Standard... and is weaker when it comes to spectral editing. So, these comments are kind scattershot (and not making any sense, beyond as a vector for ranting). iZotope is not looking at Acon and thinking "Hmm... We must do better." These two products really aren't playing totally in the same market segments - and certainly not at the same tiers within those market segments they do cohabitate.

Acon's feature development isn't exactly blowing iZotope out of the water, either. Not that I expect them to deliver those huge feature patches, anyways. The product is fairly mature, at this point, so it's a lot harder to pump out these huge "new feature" changelogs.

This seems more like a boycott than a well-thought-out choice evaluation. You're free to boycott, but lets try to avoid misrepresenting it ;-)

Lastly, I'm not sure how giving you plug-ins that cost several hundred dollars for 60-70% off is "shitting the bed on pricing."

Make it make sense.

So, it's worth the price if they give you 3-4 minor features in updates before the next version (for which major features are inevitably saved) releases, but not worth half price (or less) because you don't get those minor features?
Last edited by Trensharo on Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”