Waldorf M Wavetable Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks expensive and looks ugly, but maybe it sounds like the best thing ever since sliced bread? Even though sliced bread doesn't sound particulary special.
<List your stupid gear here>

Doesn't look ugly at all IMO - pretty classy actually. All subjective.

Looks oldschool. :) Reminds me a bit of the JP-8080.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:52 am Doesn't look ugly at all IMO - pretty classy actually. All subjective.
Looks totally awesome i would say! :love:

But do i really need it? Even if it was just €400?
I'm actually fine with VSTi
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

I might have bought it for 400 € (I know, unrealistic). But, considering it's only 8 voice polyphonic, and at that price point, well...

Guess you really have to be into hardware to be... into hardware. ;)

Seems like Corona begins to have an influence as well on prices now anyway. Even the old Blofeld is 500 € new now...

or the 70's are starting to wane and the 80's and 90's are now the new cool again
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

:)

On Youtube, the comments on the classic Microwave or Q synth definitely hint at some demand for old VA synths, or remakes of those.

Microwave V please Arturia.

Apart from Arturia not being my first choice for authentic emulations... I highly doubt that Waldorf would license them the name to use with their emulation, now that they just released a reboot. ;)

Arturia's most recent emulations are pretty darn authentic, actually. But they do guzzle too much CPU.

No FX on board sadly.

I have plenty of 'em ITB anyways.

they almost got me...
then tiptop audio dropped the buchla bomb :o :wheee:

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:52 am Doesn't look ugly at all IMO - pretty classy actually. All subjective.
Agreed. I'm so not into new hardware, but, weirdly, I'm into this. I think that this is exactly what Waldorf does well and I'm glad to see them getting back to it. I'll wait for more details, but right now, I like this.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”