Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Scream

MitchK1989 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:16 am or getting a low cpu version which could be integrated per voice into a synthesizer... ;)
Yes, good point :tu:
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

when is going to be release the final version? =( ... maybe a beta 1? for the final version?

4+ years and counting.
Ridiculous.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:57 pm 4+ years and counting.
Ridiculous.
rsp
Did people pay for it already?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:59 pm Did people pay for it already?
It's working perfectly fine, even if it's a beta.
Nevertheless, i would also appreciate an official version 1.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:59 pm
zvenx wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:57 pm 4+ years and counting.
Ridiculous.
rsp
Did people pay for it already?
It is beta only in name. It is a fully functional bug-less plugin.
Yorgos Simeonidis

andy-cytomic wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:51 am ...but don't need the HD detail then the MD mode is really useful, and it's already finished some time ago.
Not to pile on, but it sucks to hear that's been finished for some time when no end-users have access to it because a version of The Scream with MD mode hasn't been released. It's not finished until it's actually out there. Otherwise, it's just in development from our perspective.

Wait a minute... has there even been one update since 2017?

I just downloaded v1.0.8 and has an installer from 07-JUL-2017 in it. I mean... how many host versions did we jump at this point? And how many CPU versions? I kinda sorta lost track - because I'm not even getting any update mails.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Nope, that was the last one available afaik. Ever so often Andy comes on and says he has updated the build with something else, but never released to the public. In the last four years.
Not one.
rsp
sound sculptist

Nah. In all seriousness, I'm a happy bunny. Would love to see more plugins from Andy in the style of The Scream - as already stated, it's solid, sounds great and has generous sound design options - but we have Audiority.

Though I'm still holding out for a RAT from either of them. :hyper:

Is Andy okay? I know he was having health issues a while ago but I thought he was doing better.

I remember him saying that the new circuit modeling system he devised would allow him to quickly deploy other devices like his take on the 1176, etc. I’ve not yet found a perfect 1176 plug-in. They’re always missing one thing. Chancomp was the closest one that I could find in sound/character. I’m sure his reworking of it would be killer.

There's a High Definition mode coming to The Glue too. Don't wait for it.

so is it now a public beta or do I need to buy it?

Tendou wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:30 pm so is it now a public beta or do I need to buy it?
as already pointed out quite often this one do not feel like beta at all. rock solid on my side. never had an issue. The Scream beta is far less beta than some paid 'finished' products. It's not expensive, stable and sounds pretty good. you can't go wrong. that said I wonder what Cytomic is doing, whether the will presents us some kind of audio-dsp rocket science in the next year or they are just cautions and slow.
rabbit in a hole

thx for your answer and I get ur point but I was wondering if I can obtain the beta or if its a paid beta which I have to buy

Return to “Effects”