ROLI's writing on the wall happened

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pinki wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:47 am Taking the Motu 828 Mk1- still works, still sounds great but- ah, the firewire interface. No problem I'll convert to Firewire 800 with a simple lead but- ah- there is no firewire 800 on Macbooks anymore.
firewire packets work over thunderbolt. yes it means an adapter, possibly two. but i've got an rme ucx that works over firewire like this.

ROLI thread and the derp squad is here discussing Apple vs Windows. Classic KVR.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:45 pm ROLI thread and the derp squad is here discussing Apple vs Windows. Classic KVR.
There is nothing more to say about Roli at this point... it is a wait and see situation.

pdxindy wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:49 pm
billcarroll wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:45 pm ROLI thread and the derp squad is here discussing Apple vs Windows. Classic KVR.
There is nothing more to say about Roli at this point... it is a wait and see situation.
Maybe, but it's still a thread about ROLI's situation. I think you should start a new thread to discuss these other things.

You see, I subscribed to this thread to follow the ROLI discussion closely, and it gets really annoying whenever I get a notification and come here only to realise theses posts are not related to the original subjetct. So, please, start a new thread, if you want to go on with these other discussions.

Oh wow. Pinki and Ploki are fighting!! This is amazing!
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Sinisterbr wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:32 pm You see, I subscribed to this thread to follow the ROLI discussion closely, and it gets really annoying whenever I get a notification and come here only to realise theses posts are not related to the original subjetct. So, please, start a new thread, if you want to go on with these other discussions.
Well... let me tell you something.... I'm REALLY glad I didn't exercise the share options I was offered. I have plenty of toilet paper already! :lol: :lol: :lol:
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

CinningBao wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:42 am Wow, this is getting super-boring.
Get off KVR and go and make some music or presets or play a guitar or something!
You guys need to find other ways to expunge your anger, or go find a room and just.. you know..
I agree, we made our points ages ago, I just get caught up in Bones's micro multiple replies every once in a while. :shrug:

machinesworking wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:40 pm
Get off KVR and go and make some music or presets or play a guitar or something!
You guys need to find other ways to expunge your anger, or go find a room and just.. you know..
I agree, we made our points ages ago, I just get caught up in Bones's micro multiple replies every once in a while. :shrug:
didn't you tell me in a thread some time ago that it's a futile endeavour?
:lol: :hug:
Amberience wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:28 pm Oh wow. Pinki and Ploki are fighting!! This is amazing!
:hihi:
:party:

Ploki wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:51 pm
didn't you tell me in a thread some time ago that it's a futile endeavour?
:lol: :hug:
Yep! :lol:

Amberience wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:28 pm Oh wow. Pinki and Ploki are fighting!! This is amazing!
am i the only one thinking this could be a hit, kids animation show?

im thinking, ferrets (kids love ferrets[dont they?])

Did you just coin the nickname "micro bones"?!

The Pinki and Ploki Show could do an episode on micro bones. Sounds Southparkesque, or even Seinfeld. "I was in the pool!"

Crap, I'm off topic. Time to bring it back. Who wants to buy my Seaboard Block Studio Edition + Lightpad Block + Live Control Block? Comes with a nice case.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Sinisterbr wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:32 pm You see, I subscribed to this thread to follow the ROLI discussion closely, and it gets really annoying whenever I get a notification and come here only to realise theses posts are not related to the original subjetct. So, please, start a new thread, if you want to go on with these other discussions.
Honestly this is silly, the discussion is about Roli in regards to it possibly being abandonware soon. Bones will just have to add in some Apple hate because that's how he rolls. But even then it's in regards to Apples slash and burn policy, and whether that's OK compared to abandonware.

If you expect a topic to stay focused after 21 pages on KVR after ten years here I can't really help you.

machinesworking wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:02 pm
Honestly this is silly, the discussion is about Roli in regards to it possibly being abandonware soon. Bones will just have to add in some Apple hate because that's how he rolls. But even then it's in regards to Apples slash and burn policy, and whether that's OK compared to abandonware.

If you expect a topic to stay focused after 21 pages on KVR after ten years here I can't really help you.
We can dream
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Since there won't be any BF sale on Seaboard Blocks this year I decided to get a mint used one for $365. Am I a fool for continuing to pour time and money into Seaboard Blocks?... maybe I should try to transfer my thousands of hours of Seaboard Block practice to a more "normal" keyboard. (OTOH who knows, if they do stop being produced maybe they'll eventually grow in value... doubt they're rare enough for that though.)

What are the odds of an improved Lumi build by BF?... I do think keyboard learning programs like Melodics are hampered a little by having you look at the screen rather than the keys (unless your goal is to play without looking). And the downwards scrolling starts f**king up my visual field with the waterfall illusion (everything drifting upwards) after about an hour. I hate the feel of my Novation keyboard but I loved the keys on my grandmother's baby grand (which she wouldn't let me play).

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”