Reason 12 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

why does everybody forgets SALE prices, cubase you could get for 50%, most of the time 40% and crossgrade deals. as ableton.. bitwig... well, and there other types of discounts, or second hand,

well it is difficult to compare, but i always see the SALE price as the REAL price. and that is thé real price (supermarkets; when something is in sale, that is real price, normally you pay above the normal price, that is known fact, or known, it is a fact, i mean A products as they are called, and products of the supermarket itself, some supermarkets have a diferent approach by the way, known in europe, as aldi/lidl. perhaps a strange remark, but the SALE price is the real price. of course sometimes you buy something, not for the sale price, but i avoid it. most i have is for sale prices, the majority, only exceptions, and that were also sales, but not the bottom prices...)

well beside that, i want a simple answer, i demand it! haha!

well it goes up to €199/$199, but there will be a sale. what is the normal sale pricing strategy of Reason, will it be €139, at some point? or less?

because then you can postpone.

and of course it is bizarrreee, after the fact price goes up, way up.

but we all no Reason, posseses not the faculty of reason, but only the faculty of money. o well every businnes does.

to be forced now to buy an update, that i would buy in sale, so 30% of from €129, via jrrshop of course... because i use 3 monitors, and my eyes! eyes!

or i think, well f**k it, i stay with Reason 11 Suite, that in hindsight, in SALE, was thé bargain.
and buy glasses...

There'll soon have to be a price increase for Reason - to make up for all the lost sales from people (like me) who are never in a million years willing to dosh out that much... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Kypresso wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:57 am HaHa, you're delusional.

Ableton is a fully functional Daw, Reason isn't.
Lmao um no - literally half of Reason users are standalone DAW users, and we get by just fine.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:38 am
Kypresso wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:57 am HaHa, you're delusional.

Ableton is a fully functional Daw, Reason isn't.
Lmao um no - literally half of Reason users are standalone DAW users, and we get by just fine.
always strange that Reason isn't considered as fully functional DAW, it has stuff that is better, and stuff that is missing, as in all DAW's! that is why i have 5 (or 6, yes 6... well....).

If they could fix the 'F8' abomination I would be happy.
I5-8600K, 16 GB, Presonus Audiobox USB 96, Fl Studio, Reason 11, Studio One 5 Artist.

gruberman wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:03 am If they could fix the 'F8' abomination I would be happy.
Why you consider it to be abomination? It's pretty well organised and right-click menus are already very packed in Reason.

Cubase has analog to F8 on almost every turn and I don't see a lot of people complaining about it.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

jens wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:55 am There'll soon have to be a price increase for Reason - to make up for all the lost sales from people (like me) who are never in a million years willing to dosh out that much... :lol: :lol: :lol:
They will live without you and they have plenty of new sales from new users like me.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:25 am
jens wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:55 am There'll soon have to be a price increase for Reason - to make up for all the lost sales from people (like me) who are never in a million years willing to dosh out that much... :lol: :lol: :lol:
They will live without you and they have plenty of new sales from new users like me.
Well, would you have bought 12 now if you were on 11 since day one? Instead, you got a new DAW cheaply, 16 wonderful REs for peanuts in Suite bundle and free upgrade to 12 when it drops. Your case is the definition of rose-tinted glasses due to circumstances of your entry into Reason ecosystem. I started with v10, I can only imagine how people who started 5, 10 or 15 years ago feel.

I'm not sure relying on new users is a good long-term strategy - they'll eventually become "old" users, that have been getting a pretty raw deal recently. Also I'd really like to see actual numbers RS is looking at, e.g. how do they define current users and new users? Do they include 3 months for $3? Or those that got free version via Plugin Boutique? Or those that only upgraded to v11 from much earlier version to liberate their REs to be usable in their primary DAW?
Music tech enthusiast

SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:25 am

We will see. So far they got far more money from me than from you. :razz:
Last edited by jens on Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

`Well, would you have bought 12 now if you were on 11 since day one`

this was not directed at me - but, as I updated to 10 to 11 to get free update to 12:

well, for me v11 as a no go because it did not have HiRes-UI - so, would I have updated to any version after 10 without HiRes? - No.

Thing is: whoever got R12 for free via the recent V11 sale (which was kind of a no-brainer for potential new customers, bleak and uncertain future aside) is currently in no position to herald himself a new savior of the company. Time will tell if when R13 comes along and they ask you for another 199 stones you are then willing to put your money where your mouth is now.

steff3 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:03 pmwell, for me v11 as a no go because it did not have HiRes-UI - so, would I have updated to any version after 10 without HiRes? - No.
That's a fair point, but a lot of people don't really find any value in high-res update. Based on a poll elsewhere, 50% of Reason users have 2+ screens and most of the remaining ones have desktop + monitor rather than laptop, which means they're usually 20''+ 1080p or 1440p screens where you won't get a lot of benefit running high-res assets because they're already at 100% scaling.
Music tech enthusiast

I hope this is fixed soon.
Loading a preset in Sampletank 4 causes this.
Other Vsti's don't have the issue.
Screenshot (2).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Smasha wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:28 pm I hope this is fixed soon.
Loading a preset in Sampletank 4 causes this.
Other Vsti's don't have the issue.

Screenshot (2).png
I can't look at that gutted inserts section in the Mixer without almost breaking into crying... :cry:
Music tech enthusiast

Smasha wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:28 pm Screenshot (2).png
Still haven't found out how to undock stuff then? :razz:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”