Cherry Audio Releases Mercury-4 Compuphonic Synthesizer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Mercury-4 Polyphonic Synthesizer

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:23 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:21 pm The "massive black bar" is the top of the original synth. No need to replicate it imho as it's not part of the control panel ..
Yes, but the guy complaining about the massive black bar is not talking about the original synth.

They're complaining that the "massive black bar" is too big on the plugin.
Well duh ... I realize that, and agree. It's a waste of space.

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:15 pm.

If I'm buying a recreation of a vintage synth, the sound is of course very important, but I'm looking for the whole package. I want the sound, I want the vibe and I want the look and feel of the original too.
Bottom switches not on bottom of gui, fx ( not on original) placed in middle of gui....not very 'original' is it?

Infact, the whole plugin gui is quite diff to the hardware..... so if its authenticity you are arguing for, your and CA are way off the mark
Last edited by AnX on Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnX wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:31 pm
Synth Master Jedi wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:15 pm.

If I'm buying a recreation of a vintage synth, the sound is of course very important, but I'm looking for the whole package. I want the sound, I want the vibe and I want the look and feel of the original too.
Bottom switches not on bottom of gui, fx ( not on original) placed in middle of gui....not very 'original' is it?

Infact, the whole plugin gui is quite diff to the hardware..... so if its authenticity you are arguing for, your and arturia are way off the mark
cherry :P

New synth released. Very reasonably priced.

Reviews on synth - 0.
Comments on 'a massive black bar' - 8.

Great respect shown to the dev :dog:

I took a break from here because of petty arguments. I'm off to make some music.
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

vurt wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:32 pm
cherry :P
Ta, fixed

AnX wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:31 pm Bottom switches not on bottom of gui, fx ( not on original) placed in middle of gui....not very 'original' is it?

Infact, the whole plugin gui is quite diff to the hardware..... so if its authenticity you are arguing for, your and arturia are way off the mark
I am looking for authenticity, but I am not looking for identical, as sometimes minor changes and compromises will have to be made to have something work and look good in a virtual environment.

And that's exactly why I think that Cherry did a good job with the design of this GUI, because they didn't replicate the size of the black bar from original. They did incorporate it into the GUI, but they made it slimmer. It was a good compromise and it works in my opinion.

You kidding? The black area is what I set my effects on!!!
jp4 .jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by wwjd on Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:36 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:31 pm Bottom switches not on bottom of gui, fx ( not on original) placed in middle of gui....not very 'original' is it?

I am looking for authenticity, but I am not looking for identical, as sometimes minor changes and compromises will have to be made to have something work and look good in a virtual environment.

And that's exactly why I think that Cherry did a good job with the design of this GUI, because they didn't replicate the size of the black bar from original. They did incorporate it into the GUI, but they made it slimmer. It was a good compromise and it works in my opinion.
If it was a panel that opened to reveal hidden parameters or features, it would make sense, but as it is, it's a waste of screen estate

Anyway, I'll leave it there.

I wanted to see how this plugin looks in my DAW so I just fired up Logic and I opened the plugin and I dragged it to the largest size that it can be and it looks fantastic! Crystal clear sharp, and all of the knobs and controls are easily viewable and I'm pretty happy to finally have a Jupiter-4 in my virtual arsenal now.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Or something like that.

Geesh, you can use the black panel at the top to place your virtual can of beer (or other favorite drink), or perhaps some other favorite virtual snack!

At any rate... the Mercury-4 sounds great to my ears. Still haven't had a chance to fully test it out, but first impression is very positive. I haven't purchased it yet but probably will.

Nice job Cherry folks on the Tape Echo emulation. You should consider releasing that as a separate plugin and maybe including it as part of the M-4 package. I realize there are others out in the marketplace already.

I also really like the inclusion of the keyboard and I much prefer it to the little pop-up one. For me, it's really helpful when tweaking/programming when I don't have a real one close at hand. Plus (as he dodges under the desktop) I like the aesthetics of it.

I preferred their $29 intro prices. Now their plugins are out of the insta' buy category. Might demo later.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:41 pm I wanted to see how this plugin looks in my DAW so I just fired up Logic and I opened the plugin and I dragged it to the largest size that it can be and it looks fantastic! Crystal clear sharp, and all of the knobs and controls are easily viewable and I'm pretty happy to finally have a Jupiter-4 in my virtual arsenal now.
<troll on>
Those are positive things. You are only supposed to post negative things.
<troll off>

ramseysounds wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:33 pm New synth released. Very reasonably priced.

Reviews on synth - 0.
Comments on 'a massive black bar' - 8.

Great respect shown to the dev :dog:
Well, it wouldn't be a KvR thread without some pointless bitch-fest.

It supports MPE! :o

Return to “Instruments”