Wavesfactory releases Quantum - Beyond the transient shaper

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Quantum is an audio plugin that separates an audio signal into its attack and sustain parts.
With 16 built-in high quality effects that you can apply to each path independently.
Quantum redefines what's possible in transient shaping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlVRLnsGbhw

A transient shaper is an audio processor that can increase or reduce the transients or tonal parts of a signal. It has become an indispensable mixing tool on every studio.

Quantum automatically detects and classifies the transients of your signal, separating the sound in two paths: attack and sustain. You are now able to control the length of your attacks, from a single sample to 500ms. The level of control you have now is unmatched, giving you the possibility to add effects to each path separately, before joining them back together.

When dealing with innovation we struggle to classify our own creations. Is Quantum a transient shaper? In a way it is, but when you compare it to a regular transient shaper you fall short, as it is so much bigger. Quantum is innovative and it doesn't fit into a simple category.

Endless possibilities
Quantum is not a one-trick-pony, it's quite the opposite. Think about it like a toolbox. It's a comprehensive set of tools that let you control, mangle, manipulate and completely transform your tracks.

EQ your transients, re-pitch your drums without losing any of the attack, reduce plosives from vocals, why not EQ plosives only? Add reverb to just the attack of your drums to get a much more focused and clean room feel. Add chorus or flanging to just the sustain part and avoid transient smearing. Use different reverbs on the attacks and sustain parts independently.
Possibilities are really endless, and we are sure that you will come up with new ways of using it that we can't imagine right now. Be creative!

16 built-in effects
  1. Chorus
  2. Compressor
  3. Convolution - With 40+ IRs and import your own.
  4. Delay
  5. Enhancer - Spectre with 2 bands.
  6. EQ
  7. Flanger
  8. Limiter
  9. Lo-Fi
  10. Phaser
  11. Pitch Shifter
  12. Reverb
  13. Saturation
  14. Stereo Tools - With mid / side processing.
  15. Tremolo - Can be a ring shifter.
  16. Vibrato - Can be a frequency shifter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ufAjQRHHo8

More info
Plugin formats: AAX, AU, VST and VST3.
Platforms: Mac and Windows.
Price: regular €149.
Intro price: €99 until October 1st, 2021.

In the website you'll be able to find more information and audio demos.
We encourage you to download the demo and try it for yourself!

Looks & sounds impressive - demoing this later today!

wavesfactory wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:54 am Quantum is an audio plugin that separates an audio signal into its attack and sustain parts.
reminds me of:
With Physion, you can split a sound into its transient and tonal parts
https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... ct/physion

More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:43 pm...

it was a fair comment.

Anyway, it simply doesn't work well for me. most FX blast noise and break logic, so it's not really useful for what its intention is.

Ploki wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:41 pm
dionenoid wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:43 pm...

it was a fair comment.

Anyway, it simply doesn't work well for me. most FX blast noise and break logic, so it's not really useful for what its intention is.
Yep.

Normally i would have left my negative comments, but in this case i don't see what can be improved to make me interested in this plugin. Despite being a fan of Wavesfactory plugins.
More BPM please

Very interesting tool, not what I expected:

https://youtu.be/_lfBoo4WT4c

dionenoid wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:41 am

Yep.

Normally i would have left my negative comments, but in this case i don't see what can be improved to make me interested in this plugin. Despite being a fan of Wavesfactory plugins.
i share your sentiment and will probably skip this one

So it's like the box transient plugin but with built in effects?

I'm more interested in trying multiband transient stuff like pancz or the surreal machines one. If I want to put effects on the sustain or transient it's not that hard to make 2 tracks in the DAW.

Apparently this doesn't pass a null test too. Their other plugins and some of their sample libraries are super good, but this isn't too interesting imo.

I think the idea is super dope. haven't tested it yet but will soon 👍

I've had a little play with the demo and generally I'm impressed. No strange noises on REAPER. I can see some mix applications for distorting peaks without touching body, and it's nice being able to throw pitch/modulation effects at a drum loop without messing up the transients. The interface is easy to navigate and the "solo" buttons are especially handy.

A few improvements I'd like to see:
  • Option to lock the detector settings when changing presets
  • Tempo-sync modulation rates
  • Tweaked parameter ranges/curves. e.g. the Flanger speed and depth controls are linear, leaving a lot of the "good" settings crammed in the first quarter of the knob range. (Ctrl-click helps, but the display can't even show settings between 0.1 Hz and 0.2 Hz so hard to keep track of what you are doing.) This is especially annoying for the compressor attack/decay controls.

Boz's Trangressor is also similar to this but with EQ instead of multifx.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:44 pm Boz's Trangressor is also similar to this but with EQ instead of multifx.
Transgressor doesn't have a proper transient detector; it's level-based like a gate.

imrae wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:16 pm
v1o wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:44 pm Boz's Trangressor is also similar to this but with EQ instead of multifx.
Transgressor doesn't have a proper transient detector; it's level-based like a gate.
Interesting. But Boz still market it as a transient shaper.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

everyone loves transgressor but I find it a pain to use. enjoying quantum alot, pretty unique plugin imo

Return to “Effects”