Whats The Best Value All In One Daw Solution Today ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Then YDf did you pick it as the best one if you haven't even sorted the basics out ? :lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:12 pm Then YdF did you pick it as the best one if you haven't even sorted the basics out ? :lol:
Because
THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:29 pm I watched a video of someone doing a live stream of it for two hours last night who actually got some good results from it
that YouTube video.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Don't have 2 hours..? Here's 10 minutes..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoP8on5ChUQ
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:27 pm Don't have 2 hours..? Here's 10 minutes..
But you can watch for only 10 minutes cuz the DAW crashes at 12:58, with no save.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

It depends on your needs.
Logic pro if your a studio guy
Bitwig if you want to perform live with your DAW and plug midi controlers (APC, push...) , bitwig can also be used as a linear DAW

Michael L wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:31 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:27 pm Don't have 2 hours..? Here's 10 minutes..
But you can watch for only 10 minutes cuz the DAW crashes at 12:58, with no save.
Ouch.. lol.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Logic Pro.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:51 pm
EnGee wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:03 pm So this is the best value digital music workstation for non-musician!
The potential is there... I managed to get the audio sorted out, couldn't get anything by the way of midi input even if selected. Many bugs still.. Selecting Midi devices doesn't work properly on Windows.
sounds like awesome value for money! :tu:

nix808 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:01 am
UncleAge wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:29 am For a long time I've thought Logic and FLS were pretty good value for the money. I own neither.
what do u use UncleAge?
As of now Bitwig and Reaper.

Easily FL Studio

echosystm wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:55 am
chk071 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:49 am
echosystm wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:47 am Buying a Mac might seem like a high barrier to entry, but you can get an M1 Mac Mini for $699. At a total price of $899, you won't find a better setup in the PC world.
You know nothing, Jon Snow. ;)

Maybe, if you said "You won't find a better passively cooled system", but, any mid tier desktop CPU will smoke that thing.
You're missing the point.

You won't find a PC and a DAW, for under $900 in total, that can rival Logic and an M1 Mac Mini.

If you consider total cost of ownership, over 3-4 years, the argument for a Mac and Logic is even stronger. Macs have much higher resale value and Logic obviously has free upgrades.
My $300 used Thinkpad and copy of FL Studio for a total of $500 would disagree. My three albums would disagree as well.

hoxclab wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:43 pm
echosystm wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:47 am Buying a Mac might seem like a high barrier to entry, but you can get an M1 Mac Mini for $699. At a total price of $899, you won't find a better setup in the PC world.

Maybe, if you said "You won't find a better passively cooled system", but, any mid tier desktop CPU will smoke that thing.

You won't find a PC and a DAW, for under $900 in total, that can rival Logic and an M1 Mac Mini.

If you consider total cost of ownership, over 3-4 years, the argument for a Mac and Logic is even stronger. Macs have much higher resale value and Logic obviously has free upgrades.
My $300 used Thinkpad and copy of FL Studio for a total of $500 would disagree. My three albums would disagree as well.
Glad to see such useful setup! For me, it would be a torture or a punishment I don’t deserve :hihi:

EnGee wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:03 pm

Glad to see such useful setup! For me, it would be a torture or a punishment I don’t deserve :hihi:
With all that said I’m buying a Mac Mini when it comes with the m1x chip lol

both boring and cluttered are added value afaic, so...

hoxclab wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:48 pm
EnGee wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:03 pm

With all that said I’m buying a Mac Mini when it comes with the m1x chip lol
Now that is a great plan :tu: Couple it with Bitwig and start modulate everything that moves :hihi:

I have the M1 chip and it is a great one really. My sister's HP laptop is dying just two years of usage!! So, mostly I will give her my MacBook Air and buy a Mini Mac. Now, I will see how much the new M1x will cost, then decide between it and the normal M1 (which is incredible chip, believe me! ;) )

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”