24 Synth Supersaw Comparison

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pixel85 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:56 am If I remember correctly, Virus has 96k SR so it can avoid (most of) aliasing.
Where did you read that? The internet says it can run at 44.1 and 48 kHz, and there are mentions everywhere that it does alias quite a bit (not a bad thing).

recursive one wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:43 am
AnX wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:24 am IIRC, D3 has a specific osc detune mode that emulates the jp8000 supersaw.... bit fuzzy on the details, and may be wrong....
I think it was Swarm.
I indeed prefer it to other detune modes when it comes to making the classic oldschool "tarnce" stuff.
Yeah. Sounds best on Spire as well (when you move the density parameter to the far right, the detuning acts like on the JP-8k as well).

AnX wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:24 am
Biome_Digital wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:51 pm
Norqa wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:42 pm
AnX wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:36 pm

He used D3 (has the same modes)
Yeah that is true Anx.
But none of the modes could be explored in such a simple test.
That's right, I did mention something about that on the page too. I think it was DUNE 3 linear mode used here. Btw, I personally thought Dune's detune sounded very smooth. I bet it does a great SUPERSTRING?! :hihi:
IIRC, D3 has a specific osc detune mode that emulates the jp8000 supersaw.... bit fuzzy on the details, and may be wrong....
Well that's very interesting. :tu:

chk071 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:14 am
pixel85 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:56 am If I remember correctly, Virus has 96k SR so it can avoid (most of) aliasing.
Where did you read that? The internet says it can run at 44.1 and 48 kHz, and there are mentions everywhere that it does alias quite a bit (not a bad thing).
It was ages ago. Highly likely it's Nord Lead (2 or 3) that has 96kHz and I just remember it wrong.

So the JP8000/8080, Nord Lead 1-2 and the Virus were the synthesizers back then for supersaw/hypersaws but were there other synths that was just as popular aswell? V-Station (K-Station) is a favorite of mine. Sure it doesnt have a 'supersaw/hypersaw' osc but it soes have unison and with 3 oscillators aswell as chorus it can do great trance-y sounds, but what else? Just curious here :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:55 pm So the JP8000/8080, Nord Lead 1-2 and the Virus were the synthesizers back then for supersaw/hypersaws but were there other synths that was just as popular aswell? V-Station (K-Station) is a favorite of mine. Sure it doesnt have a 'supersaw/hypersaw' osc but it soes have unison and with 3 oscillators aswell as chorus it can do great trance-y sounds, but what else? Just curious here :)
It's a good question, but I am only familiar with what you've already mentioned.

Biome_Digital wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:13 am
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:55 pm So the JP8000/8080, Nord Lead 1-2 and the Virus were the synthesizers back then for supersaw/hypersaws but were there other synths that was just as popular aswell? V-Station (K-Station) is a favorite of mine. Sure it doesnt have a 'supersaw/hypersaw' osc but it soes have unison and with 3 oscillators aswell as chorus it can do great trance-y sounds, but what else? Just curious here :)
It's a good question, but I am only familiar with what you've already mentioned.
yeah me aswell :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Korg MS2000 and Yamaha AN1x.
Last edited by steffensen on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steffensen wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:57 pm
Korg MS2000.

Not sure about the K-Station
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3GEKpHEiSs
A wide range of sounds but sounds a bit weedy, could be weak effects?
A bit phasey for clear Supersaws.

Halonmusic wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:58 pm
Korg MS2000.
Added one more i remembered. I was solely a Nord lead guy myself. :)

steffensen wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:01 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:58 pm
Korg MS2000.
Added one more i remembered. I was solely a Nord lead guy myself. :)
:tu:

Norqa wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:00 pm Not sure about the K-Station
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3GEKpHEiSs
A wide range of sounds but sounds a bit weedy, could be weak effects?
A bit phasey for clear Supersaws.
I actually had one of these years ago. Does sound a bit weedy doesn't it. :lol:

i like it a lot :) although i only have the vst version. Not shure how different they sound

The HW-version sounded really good i remember.

Return to “Instruments”