Updated U-He MFM2 1st look + Urs interview

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FapFilter wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:29 pm...it's nothing that can't be done extremely easily too with any regular delay on sends.
That's not the same at all, unless your DAW allows to send the send back into itself.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I’m excited especially for the transient balance. I think more delays should have this built in.

I often manually remove the transient of a percussive throw using a volume fade or use a transient plugin for larger passes.

Then there’s the times that a delay spices up a mix rhythmically and the transient is needed (but not any decays).

Seriously, this is a great addition. Seemingly subtle but a time saver.

I love the updated look!

I hate that I’m still not on M1, but my machine is still kicking.

elxsound wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:20 pm

I hate that I’m still not on M1, but my machine is still kicking.
I was looking at those tonight, I have the money. So stingy with the hard drives though, geeze.
Thinking of the Imac, I need to upgrade to win 10 soon, or say piss off to MS. The prospect
of windoze 10 is not something I am looking forward to I'm afraid. :shrug:

antic604 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:50 pm
FapFilter wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:29 pm...it's nothing that can't be done extremely easily too with any regular delay on sends.
That's not the same at all, unless your DAW allows to send the send back into itself.
Depends.
For more controlled “standard“ results i think even plain sends can give you great and similar results, especially if you're modulating that chain anyway

If you're after more whack stuff that can easily go out of control, true feedback is indeed a few more clicks.
Ableton does it though. So does Reaper. Not sure about other DAWs, but i don't think this is black magic any more for quite a few more at least.

But as stated: of course it's a nice feature if it's inside one plugin.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

pekbro wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:39 pmI was looking at those tonight, I have the money. So stingy with the hard drives though, geeze.
At this point I'd rather wait for M1X stuff, which should be still released before the year ends.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Great UI indeed, Basti has been on fire lately.

antic604 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:46 pm
pekbro wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:39 pmI was looking at those tonight, I have the money. So stingy with the hard drives though, geeze.
At this point I'd rather wait for M1X stuff, which should be still released before the year ends.
This is pretty much what I've been holding out for... As a sort of general rule, I try not to buy their 1st gen stuff, but I keep reading about the performance advantages that makes me want to buy now.

perpetual3 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:56 pm I’m getting it for sure. Even though I have Bitwig, delay-4 just doesn’t do it for me. Adding effects in the feedback path is really hit or miss for me.
I’ve gotten phenomenal results, but watching the gain is very important, and I always put a limiter in the feedback path for obvious reasons.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I've been using MFM for awhile now. I really like these kides of effects for motion and interest. MFM is quirky to use but its worth it for the results. The update is going to give me a sigh of relief.

FapFilter wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:29 pm
Adding effects in the feedback path is really hit or miss for me.
No experience with Bitwig's delays, but while it's of course a nice feature, it's nothing that can't be done extremely easily too with any regular delay on sends.
Sure, but that takes a lot more work and is more difficult to control. The beauty of Bitwig’s way is that it’s very simple and to set up. Want a step sequencer on delay time? Easy. LFO on feedback who’s amount is controlled by an audio track? Easy. It’s basically like having a light version of Reaktor as part of your DAW.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

big fan of MFM for years. the comb filters w/feedback matrix can do some really interesting things. looking forward to the new version whenever it arrives.

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:35 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:56 pm I’m getting it for sure. Even though I have Bitwig, delay-4 just doesn’t do it for me. Adding effects in the feedback path is really hit or miss for me.
I’ve gotten phenomenal results, but watching the gain is very important, and I always put a limiter in the feedback path for obvious reasons.
I would be interested in what your D4 recipes are. I do use a limiter in the feedback path (FIRcomp2) but I just can’t seem to get the same character that I get from my other delays plugins, even if using basic filters. But frankly, once I feel a certain amount of frustration I move on to what I know works. So, certainly some laziness on my part.

Sure, but that takes a lot more work and is more difficult to control. The beauty of Bitwig’s way is that it’s very simple and to set up. Want a step sequencer on delay time? Easy. LFO on feedback who’s amount is controlled by an audio track? Easy. It’s basically like having a light version of Reaktor as part of your DAW.
Haven't used Bitwig of course, but at least i find modulation easy enough with Reaper.
+ i'm also using specialized step LFO/MSEG plugins aswell anyway.
That's not to take away anything from Bitwig's greatness, as it has been more or less developed from ground up with such things in mind.
Only the modulation of the modulators with each other might not be as quick, but when i want that, i can drag & drop my stuff into Geist 2 which does that easily too.
And modulate everything into oblivion and back is even a bit overrated as far as i'm concerned. Of course easy modulation is awesome, but it can also easily be overdone.

So in short: in Bitwig might be able to do this even more effortlessly - again: never tried it, but at least i don't feel restricted or unneccessarily slowed down the way i “have to“ do it.
And of course Reaper will surely do other things “better“. And even if not: i don't care, as i'm perfectly happy with it regardlessly, as every, or at least most DAWs will be better than others in some areas and i don't want to switch between all of them just because of tiny details which might be incorporated better in them and then then switch to some of the others for their respective strengths for each step.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

I thought that delay looks really good.

Excited for these up-dates to a long held staple fx favorite.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Effects”