A gorgeous new granular delay by Audio Damage -

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No one actually gave examples of crazy delay use...

Boone777 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:38 am Does not show up in MXLinux19,4. After a clean reinstall, Roughrider3 finally showed up but still no Other Desert Cities.
Will try Manjaro this weekend.
It requires a very recent version of glibc. Some people have been having issues with it being blacklisted for that reason.

Anyone know if it works on win7?

It does
The only plugin i know that doesn't run on my system would be Massive X, but not because of the version of my OS, but because my CPU doesn't support the required instruction set.

The only issue i have which i don't know if it's Win 7 related and will run better on newer versions, or if the GUI itself is simply extremely power hungry and easily drops my DAW's GUI refresh rate to a crawl as long it's GUI is visible.
My notebook is 11 years old now though, so this might be the issue. No other plugin i have does this though

P.S.: finally decided to buy it yesterday :love:
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Robinrobo wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:33 am
Boone777 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:38 am Does not show up in MXLinux19,4. After a clean reinstall, Roughrider3 finally showed up but still no Other Desert Cities.
Will try Manjaro this weekend.
It requires a very recent version of glibc. Some people have been having issues with it being blacklisted for that reason.
Is this what we are talking about ? :

glibc-source
GNU C Library: sources
Version: 2.28-10
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Yes. Though apparently they are releasing an update built on an older version of glibc so I wouldn't go too hard at trying to fix it on your end.

ODC shows up in MXLinux21 Beta, that is good news !
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Kinh wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:11 am Anyone know if it works on win7?
It says on the AD site:
VST 64-bit VST3 64-bit Windows 8.1 or newer and a 64-bit DAW.

Its working on 8.1 ... maybe just try the demo?

[edit]I see fapfilter beat me to it. :)

Still trying demo, found some unstable behavior but unsure if it bug or by engine principle.

Example for reproduction - open presets browser\Designer\Time Rival\DrummurD preset.
And during processing try to switch to next preset "Embiggen". And then back to DrummurD.
About every switching you will be hear different texture at DrummurD, but not randomly different, rather two different instances of this effect (again, at the same preset). It looks like timbre With distortion, and Without. (And frankly that what more "prickly" i liked more, but nvm).

Then more difference - try to switch from DrummurD to Deadringer (two presets higher), and back. Difference will be completely like two different presets. That seems already not normal i think, in sense of keeping yourself ideas.

By other words - there is a certain dependence on how the preset will sound, depending on the loaded previous one. And difference can be very big.

On the other hand, I like this kind of randomness, but only if you understand what (how) it can be curbed.
In any case need to be sure that it's not a bug.

(Win10\VST2 here)
Last edited by c_voltage on Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

yes

can confirm
mac osx mojave, logicX here

just also wanted to report the same behaviour with my own saved presets
those are 2 flanger like, very short delays made with tap aka thermal

quite likely instead of sounding flanger-ly they sound like normal slow delays

c_voltage wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:13 pm On the other hand, I like this kind of randomness, but only if you understand what (how) it
imho no: a preset has to sound like it was intended to be
(imho the purpose of a preset...)

muki wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:44 am imho no: a preset has to sound like it was intended to be
(imho the purpose of a preset...)
Well, ok you right in principle. (just i'm afraid to lose that "prickly" variant what i did catch in first example lol, so went far a bit). And thanks for confirm.

simply imagine:
you're sitting in hours for the sweet mix
the next day you review it with your client
oops...sounds different?
you haven't changed anything?

subtle delays take hours and hours of research to be indentified as "creative" - having a life of their own
bye bye client...

sorry: consider this "no-go" imho

Yes, understandable.
I'm already sent letter to support about this problem, if something.

Audio Damage products are the most unreliable. I love Quanta but after all the issues with it I chunked it up as money lost. I will never purchase any of their products again.

hoxclab wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:26 pm Audio Damage products are the most unreliable. I love Quanta but after all the issues with it I chunked it up as money lost. I will never purchase any of their products again.
Because of one product being wonky? Maybe its something up with your system. For example, I can't run a specific Sonible product. They cant fix it. it appears to be an issue with my system. I even updated the OS and some hardware and it still won't run. I still buy Sonible products because it appears to my problem not theirs. As they say YMMV. At least if you carry through with your threat you'll save some money! :)

Return to “Effects”