Best mixing bundle

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just use what you have. And practise. only $0.00/mo. Avoid subscriptions like the plague

Ik Multimedia Mixbox is on sale right now. I think it's pretty good bundle

I recently got a lot of stuff from Waves because they were on sale, I know some people are iffy about Waves but I like it for its ease of use, if you're new to mixing/mastering and still developing your ears, I feel their plug ins are easy to use, however, they could sometimes involve a lot of processing power. I look into them because of their sales and you could have a lot of options and later on develop a preference for what you want to use (at the end of the day, its about what you know how to use to be the most effective)

I've recently purchased the a basic fab filter bundle. I like their products because of the quality and its honestly more bang for your buck but if you are new to mixing/mastering, it could be a little overwhelming to use.

I've also had the pleasure of having a couple of Izotope plug ins, Ozone for mastering and Neutron that came when I purchased a DAW controller. I haven't really used Neutron as I prefer to have separate plug-ins, however I am happy with Ozone to support the mastering process. I find it's very easy to use and gives you all you need to develop a decent if not good master track. Like with anything, it may takes some time to learn to use properly but if you could manage a couple of Izotope bundles, their quality is impeccable but again, for some it may be overwhelming to use if you're just getting into it.

I prefer to have a couple of stock EQ's and Comps. I use Protools and I've just been so used to using the multiband EQ and dynamic compressor, it's what I'm comfortable with but I like having options so look into bundles that make sense to you for what you do and if they're affordable at the time.

Contrary to what almost everybody here thinks, I really find subscribing a good bundle can be a good way to maximize your money value, unless you are a professional that mixes every day. Use it for a project, cancel it. If you have another one, subscribe it again.

I highly recommend Plugin Alliance Mix and Master Bundle. 15 bucks a month, 30 days trial. More than everything you'll ever need. If you subscribe it for 1 year, you get a 199 dollars voucher back. Use it to buy the plugins you use the most when a black friday sale comes.

Waves is excellent value-wise. Maybe the sound is not the best, it's just good, but the behaviour and workflow of the tools is excellent.
Other excellent bundle recently released is the legendary TC electronics 6000 native, sounds impressive.

Honestly you should be good with your DAW stuff and TDR. Make sure you have a good compressor like Molot or Presswerk or The Glue. What could be missing is good saturators and effects. I tried so many and I can tell you, some of the best you can get are Soundtoys. They haven't been updated for ages aside from a few bug fixes, but they just generally sound good, even though they don't have oversampling.
If you can't get things sound good with those, you need to work your skills !

The mixing plugins that come with a DAW are almost always better than anyone actually needs them to be.

I understand the mindset that buying new plugins will automatically make your mixes better. I got sucked in by that idea too. However, it is not true.

If you have thoroughly learned the tools that come with your DAW, you will become conscious of their limitations. At that point, you will have specific requirements that you are looking to satisfy. This is the point you need to get to, before buying new products.

For example, the limiter in my DAW didn't have ISP detection, the compressor didn't have an RMS mode and the EQ didn't have a way to solo bands. This lead me to eventually buy products that did have those features, among other things.

If you don't get to this point, before buying new things, all you will achieve is wasting your money. Your music will not actually get better. You will probably also buy the wrong thing and find yourself needing to buy something else to replace it, further down the line.

Playing with new things is fun and there is a degree of learning that comes from that. This is what trial versions are for.

wackob wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:59 pm What are the best mixing / mastering bundles in your opinion?

FL 20 user here. I'm using TDR Labs everything bundle and iZotope Ozone & Neutron standard. TDR products are nice and solid. Love the Ozone and Neutron but wish I had the advanced version so I could use the plugins separately instead of the whole module.

Also love FL Studios Maximus end Parametric EQ 2 (I wish it had spectral analyzer like Pro Q3 so bad).
If you already have the standard izotope products, they have a upgrade option multiple times a year to the tonal balance bundle. It's amazing the quality of mix you can get with it, without much effort on your part. Though definitely need some understanding of the tools.

If I really need to choose, then it's Fabfilter's bundle for me. Their Pro-Q3 and Pro-C2 are a must-have for me :-D

ty

Gotta go with Plugin Alliance mix and master for $14.99/month. Covers just about everything you would need!

I've seen Waves have a sale on their mastering bundle, have used it a bit and it does a decent job for string channels, but better for group mixes.

I can't saw enough good things about TDR. Slick eq GE can handle track mix duties provided the source is decently recorded or ITB stuff.
Kotelnikov can do almost anything compression wise. It is a very deep plugin that will grow with you.
Molot GE gives some attitude.
Slick M eg and limiter 6 are my mastering chain.
Ñova is a real fix all as well as a creative warehouse.

They all have great oversampling and M/S treatments. Real top shelf through and through. Learn that bundle before you look anywhere.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

---
Last edited by FraRedz on Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

I decided to sell my TDR bundle and have been using stuff from different companies. The TDR bundle is great but felt a little CPU heavy. Loving the Solid Bus compressor in my Komplete 12 bundle and Klanghelm MJUC. Slice EQ and Limited from Kilohearts. Got the Baby Audio bundle and its very unconventional but gives out amazing sounds! Spaced Out for unrealistic reverbs and Comeback Kid for unusual delay effects.

On the contrary to some peoples opinions here I’m not a fan of the FL studio stock plugins. Some gems there like Maximus but overall I think they are very basic.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”