Looping [Stutter] fx and Rooms VST's?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, I am looking around for a looper which can do Stutter fx like when you hit the 1/2 or 1/4 loop in a DJ software and also for a Reverb which offers lots of different Rooms, any recommendations please? If free then great if not I can purchase. Thx.
Last edited by mikehende on Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikehende wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:08 pm Hey guys, I am looking around for a looper which can do Stutter fx and also for a Reverb which offers lots of different Rooms, any recommendations please? If free then great if not I can purchase. Thx.
For reverbs check Valhalla DSP: https://valhalladsp.com/plugins/

For stutters, check Turnado, Effectrix and Looperator: https://sugar-bytes.de/products
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Thx. I am trying out Effectrix with Reaper but no change when I select any of the fx so waiting for help on the Reaper forum but it looks like what I am looking for, thanks!

Hey Mike,
have you tried hitting the play button on your daw?
It needs to have forward motion to work.
I use Turnado and it's the same.

So many choices for reverbs, Valhalla is excellent, grab all their freebies too, check out SuperMassive. ;)

Also you just need to use it as a track effect in Reaper.
Good luck,
Dirk

Enso and Replicant by Audio Damage are worth checking out ...

Dirk Diggler wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:47 pm Hey Mike,
have you tried hitting the play button on your daw?
It needs to have forward motion to work.
I use Turnado and it's the same.

So many choices for reverbs, Valhalla is excellent, grab all their freebies too, check out SuperMassive. ;)

Also you just need to use it as a track effect in Reaper.
Good luck,
Dirk
Hey Dirk, thanks for the info. In DJ softwares, with the Loop function one can simply hit the 1/2 or 1/4 button on each deck and this will stutter whatever song is playing live, this is what I am seeking, can Effectrix act this way please?

Sure but you have to set the effect block up specifically to do that.
I would guess the delay block or loop block.
I don't have Effectrix, I use Turnado, but they are fairly similar in function I think.

This seems to describe it quite well:
https://youtu.be/z9K2FBraQbQ

Oh, that might be what I was not expecting to "have to setup a block", I was thinking it would be an effects unit that you just trigger on the fly like the others VST's. Will look into the video and block setup when I get the chance tomorrow, report back, appreciate it!

I think what I am looking for is a Multiverb with a lot of different room presets guys. Melda MReverb is the closest plugin I am finding. I used have an ART Multiverb many years ago with a lot of presets regarding different rooms and halls, that is what I am seeking in a plugin.

The specific effect I am looking for regarding Reverb is the sound you would hear from outside of the hall. I have written to Melda asking if I could listen to ALL of the rooms presets in the demo version so I am waiting on their answer.

I realize that maybe with the tweaking of the different knobs in the different rooms I might get what I am seeking but this is a very daunting task figuring out the adjustments of each different type of room, this is the issue. If I can know exactly which room type would give the desired result then I can focus on that, any recommendations please?

I'd recommend Valhalla for reverb. "Room" is my favorite of his reverbs, but "Plate" is amazing too. "Shimmer" and "VVV" are less diverse but still useful for my purposes though "VVV" does well in "orchestral" mixes.
If you wanna go with SugarBytes I would grab "Artillery 2" as you can trigger it simply via midi and with a simple controller have as many effects as you have keys or buttons. SB often has great sales and you could get any of their stuff cheap. If you are working live then I'd guess you wanna have an easy control over triggering (which is why I think you would do well with "Artillery 2". If you wanna have the effects sequenced then "DBlue Glitch 2" is amazing sounding and very flexible. You can still find "DBlue Glitch 1" floating around for free as well as a freebie. "Effectrix" is very similar to "Glitch" and "Glitch 2". I think it sounds a bit less clean or accurate maybe. It mostly depends on how you are working. "Stutter Edit 2" is also an amazing midi triggered multi effect that would also cover reverb.

Good luck,
JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I had tried a couple of Valhalla yesterday and the Vintage Verb came close but not it.

Are you DJing? or do you want this for your DAW for production? The workflow is key. "Effectix" has limited timing options for many FX and for the FX sequencer and then it also has less flexible routing than other similar software. I have and use all these plugins, it is a question of how you are planning on using it. Just to be complete, "Replicant" from audio damage is good for straghtforward and randomized stuttering. Melda also has Rhythmizer and the multiband Rhythmizer on sale pretty often which can do great stutter FX and other sequenced buffer FX.

MReverb is solid, also cheap if you wait for a sale. MTurboReverb is also extremely capable.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:04 pm Are you DJing? or do you want this for your DAW for production? The workflow is key. "Effectix" has limited timing options for many FX and for the FX sequencer and then it also has less flexible routing than other similar software. I have and use all these plugins, it is a question of how you are planning on using it. Just to be complete, "Replicant" from audio damage is good for straghtforward and randomized stuttering. Melda also has Rhythmizer and the multiband Rhythmizer on sale pretty often which can do great stutter FX and other sequenced buffer FX.
It's for DJ type application but to trigger the stutter from my phone when away from the rig. I won't be using like Serato or dj specific software which is why I need the plugin for Reaper. With a Looper interface floating on the pc's screen I trigger the fx button from Chrome Remote Desktop on my phone.

Return to “Effects”