The one plug-in I wish would be reborn

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LinPlug Spectral for me.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

iZotope Spectron

yzcoruhT wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:29 am Ugo Metallurgy

(Win64Bit, VST3, resizable, stereo in and stereo out)

This is the worst UI I've ever seen. The broken/damaged thing COULD be cool potentially, but it's so poorly done with small undecipherable knobs/sliders/text.

mgw38 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:25 pm LinPlug Spectral for me.
Spectral was a powerhouse. Shame it went kaput...

These were all before my return into music. Look amazing…

Oh yes and while I'm at it, I wish I could have this modernized and functional with current Mac OS
maxresdefault.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Absynth.

briefcasemanx wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:46 pm
Ugo Metallurgy
yeah, I can see it may not please,
but Ugo plugs often have amazing interfaces
with clean and modern themes too sometimes
I recommend an image google of Ugo anyway, u can see his aesthetic is not deficient if u like
mister manx and peeps

I wonder how often random older but once popular companies like Sonalksis or Virsyn that are basically dead but still have websites still make a sale? No one really talks about them but there are still older threads out there singing their praises so I'd imagine once in awhile they get a sale, or else why continue to pay for the website?

Elemental Audio Neodynium:

Did all forms of dynamics processing by treating each volume range as it's own band. So you could expand the really quiet parts, gently compress the just quiet parts, slam the loud parts...it was bizarre and unique. I'd love to get my hands on it today.

briefcasemanx wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:06 am I wonder how often random older but once popular companies like Sonalksis or Virsyn that are basically dead but still have websites still make a sale? No one really talks about them but there are still older threads out there singing their praises so I'd imagine once in awhile they get a sale, or else why continue to pay for the website?
Main coder for sonalksis (Dave Gamble )has it's own company now: ' dmg audio'
Here's a good read about what he has done in the past , impressive !
https://www.google.be/amp/s/varietyofso ... amble/amp/
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

briefcasemanx wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:06 am I wonder how often random older but once popular companies like Sonalksis or Virsyn that are basically dead but still have websites still make a sale? No one really talks about them but there are still older threads out there singing their praises so I'd imagine once in awhile they get a sale, or else why continue to pay for the website?

I still use the Sonalksis gate to this day. If I really correctly I did pick up the bundle a few years ago at Christmas, so they may still have sales. I believe Virsyn does a yearly sale as well.

Things i wish were updated or upgraded:
Virsyn definitely. i still use Tera and Cube, pretty incredible.
+1 Little Endian SpectrumWorx
Alchemy on Windows
Tassman
Other than Spectrumworx i am still able to use these and will be keeping some old machines/os if necessary.

btw Virsyn is still putting out ios stuff. Tera on ios is incredible.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:07 am Elemental Audio Neodynium:

Did all forms of dynamics processing by treating each volume range as it's own band. So you could expand the really quiet parts, gently compress the just quiet parts, slam the loud parts...it was bizarre and unique. I'd love to get my hands on it today.
Looks cool. You don't get companies trying innovative approaches as much these days. Most compressors are trying to sound analogue.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

What is the company that turned into Roger Nichols digital? I remember that was a huge shitshow at the time.

Return to “Effects”