What audio interface should I buy if I'm going to produce using software synths and samples mainly?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mixyguy2 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:26 am
fmr wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:33 pm Steinberg is an audio manufacturer, primarily? OK then, I give up :roll:
Good to hear. np, this is how you learn.
Yes, I learned not to argue with idiots :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:33 pm Steinberg is an audio manufacturer, primarily? OK then, I give up :roll:
Yamaha is ( of course not primarily )
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

The Audient ID14 MKII has a great headphone-amp. It's a USB-C Interface.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

t3toooo wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:07 am
Yamaha is ( of course not primarily )
So what? Steinberg is held by Yamaha, but it's NOT Yamaha. Yamaha makes its own audio interfaces:

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_p ... index.html
Fernando (FMR)

---
Last edited by FraRedz on Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Focusrite has lousy driver track record and that interface can’t properly run his cans, so really bad idea.

Passing Bye wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:57 pm Focusrite has lousy driver track record and that interface can’t properly run his cans, so really bad idea.
Have to agree with Passing Bye here!

fmr wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:40 am Yes, I learned not to argue with idiots :roll:
Don't go for that "birds of a feather" thing eh? np. Dazzling reply though.

Passing Bye wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:57 pm Focusrite has lousy driver track record and that interface can’t properly run his cans, so really bad idea.
Sorry but you're out of date. Focusrite's driver issues (which were mostly about the 2i2 first gen...they're on third gen now) are a thing of the past.

They aren’t, maybe not that severe, but still far from solid and again that interface can’t run those cans properly, so bad idea.

Passing Bye wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:46 am They aren’t, maybe not that severe, but still far from solid and again that interface can’t run those cans properly, so bad idea.
No problems for years now with Focusrite drivers. No more than other companies, at any rate. Focusrite HAD bad drivers prior to that. But that’s, so far, in the past.

But, yeah, it’s a good idea to keep headphones to 80ohms or less for lower-end interfaces. Or use a separate headphone amp (but why not put that money toward a better interface?).

Focusrites are solid - been using the 18i20 for years without a problem. Get one with a few I/Os in case you want the option to plug a few hardware boxes in down the road.

Than there's this
viewtopic.php?p=8223473

Only company that can use solid and drivers in same sentence is RME, get RME and forget about the interfaces.

I’ve had my Scarlett 2i2 1st gen for a long time now. Sure I’ve had issues here and there due to windows but it still runs beautifully and works on every Linux distro I’ve ever tried.

Passing Bye wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:39 pm Only company that can use solid and drivers in same sentence is RME, get RME and forget about the interfaces.
^^^ THIS ^^^
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”