Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

SDZ085 Dark Wave - Lifetime Key €0.87 (16 x Presets)
SDZ086 Nu-Disco Essentials - Lifetime Key €0.87 (16 x Presets)
Tax: €0.40
Total: €2.14

Great value imho. I have purchased presets by Tone2 and others for many different products and wouldn't rate them as highly as these Roland ones. Roland often include drum kits etc with their ''mini-packs''. So, not quite the same, value wise.

I can see where Mystic Meg is coming from though. If you purchased a subscription, you might be expecting a different outcome to someone like me who never buys subscriptions.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:11 am SDZ085 Dark Wave - Lifetime Key €0.87 (16 x Presets)
Add to this the price of a lifetime license of Zenology (a simple ROM based synth) when compared with the great synths of Tone 2 (Electra 2, Icarus and Gladiator are WAY BETTER than Zenology).

AND to use Tone 2 synths we don't have to always keep that stupid RCM thing, and periodically sign-in.
Fernando (FMR)

the Roland Cloud Manager just keeps finding new ways to become an even bigger mess.

This new sign on process is sloppy and stupid. Why did that need to change? And why do I need to be sent to a browser sign-in page? Why have the app at all, in that case?

Then it tells me there is an update available. Yes, it is true, next to the Zenology Pro it says update. Fine. But then if I click on the filter to show me ALL the updateable versions, it is an empty list. WTF? If I set the filter back to show all, it says Zenology Pro has an update. SMH.

Ok, fine. So I click update, and it downloads and installs (presumably). But when it finishes it refreshes and says that Zenology Pro has an update available. Huh? So I repeat the process. Same thing. Still shows an update available. Doesn't know it's head from it's ass.

@Brian From Roland Here, please pass on to the team that they need to think about usability and purpose with respect to the RCM. Then, they need to test BOTH for usability AND functionality. You can't just keep throwing crap in there and hope it makes it better. This thing needs to be light-weight, fast, and accurate. Right now it's an epic FAIL.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:11 am SDZ085 Dark Wave - Lifetime Key €0.87 (16 x Presets)
Where does it show those prices on their site or in RCM? I couldn't find it.

Examigan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:53 pm
Where does it show those prices on their site or in RCM? I couldn't find it.
It is in the RCM. When you click on a patch set it opens up that page and it is on the top right.

in RCM. select Software, then Zenology at the top, scroll down to the Dark Wave and/or Nu-Disco Essentials, select the one of interest, and the price will be shown in the upper right corner of the window.

EDIT: i see i was beat to it. :)

OK I see it now, thanks. That is a good deal...if I owned a Zenology lifetime key, I'd probably buy it myself. I am cancelling my 1 year with them at the end of December as I bought the two main plugins I wanted. If they ever have the deal from last December again, who knows, I may jump back in for one more year.

JamminFool wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:21 am the Roland Cloud Manager just keeps finding new ways to become an even bigger mess.

This new sign on process is sloppy and stupid. Why did that need to change? And why do I need to be sent to a browser sign-in page? Why have the app at all, in that case?

Then it tells me there is an update available. Yes, it is true, next to the Zenology Pro it says update. Fine. But then if I click on the filter to show me ALL the updateable versions, it is an empty list. WTF? If I set the filter back to show all, it says Zenology Pro has an update. SMH.

Ok, fine. So I click update, and it downloads and installs (presumably). But when it finishes it refreshes and says that Zenology Pro has an update available. Huh? So I repeat the process. Same thing. Still shows an update available. Doesn't know it's head from it's ass.

@Brian From Roland Here, please pass on to the team that they need to think about usability and purpose with respect to the RCM. Then, they need to test BOTH for usability AND functionality. You can't just keep throwing crap in there and hope it makes it better. This thing needs to be light-weight, fast, and accurate. Right now it's an epic FAIL.
I've seen that problem before. Only way I found to solve that was to completely delete it, and reinstall.

Welcome to the "Roland Cloud Mess" :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:37 pm
JamminFool wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:21 am the Roland Cloud Manager just keeps finding new ways to become an even bigger mess.

I've seen that problem before. Only way I found to solve that was to completely delete it, and reinstall.

Welcome to the "Roland Cloud Mess" :hihi:
so stupid. it just doesn't have to be this way. it's an installer and license manager, ffs. nothing complicated here. hire some coders who pay attention to details. and testers who understand...idk, anything?

JamminFool wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:21 am Then it tells me there is an update available. Yes, it is true, next to the Zenology Pro it says update. Fine. But then if I click on the filter to show me ALL the updateable versions, it is an empty list. WTF? If I set the filter back to show all, it says Zenology Pro has an update. SMH.
i've had similar issues. sometimes there's nothing to update, as you've described. sometimes there is an update but clicking on it actually starts an uninstall. cancelling that and then checking for available updates in the roland cloud software just shows a blank page.

i've let it go through with the uninstall once or twice, followed by a reinstall which...winds up with the same version i had in the first place.

i'm guessing there's some settings file that's confused but i don't really have the inclination to remove everything and reinstall it just to fix that problem (assuming that it is actually a fix that will work long-term).

gaggle of hermits wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:35 pm
JamminFool wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:21 am Then it tells me there is an update available. Yes, it is true, next to the Zenology Pro it says update. Fine. But then if I click on the filter to show me ALL the updateable versions, it is an empty list. WTF? If I set the filter back to show all, it says Zenology Pro has an update. SMH.
i've had similar issues. sometimes there's nothing to update, as you've described. sometimes there is an update but clicking on it actually starts an uninstall. cancelling that and then checking for available updates in the roland cloud software just shows a blank page.

i've let it go through with the uninstall once or twice, followed by a reinstall which...winds up with the same version i had in the first place.

i'm guessing there's some settings file that's confused but i don't really have the inclination to remove everything and reinstall it just to fix that problem (assuming that it is actually a fix that will work long-term).
They tried to make this sh!t a "ring that will rule them all", but in the end it's a just a pile of garbage that rules NOTHING well. They should create a real SOFTWARE manager that ONLY deals with the software, and get all the sh!t hardware related out of it.

This is just another proof that Roland is as interested in the software as they have ever been (which means... NOT AT ALL).
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:42 pm This is just another proof that Roland is as interested in the software as they have ever been (which means... NOT AT ALL).
indeed, there is a long and sorry list of roland software failures.

they tend to start off with big plans but just lose interest after a while. i'll give them credit, they've stuck with this one longer than usual.

Examigan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:06 pm OK I see it now, thanks. That is a good deal...if I owned a Zenology lifetime key, I'd probably buy it myself. I am cancelling my 1 year with them at the end of December as I bought the two main plugins I wanted. If they ever have the deal from last December again, who knows, I may jump back in for one more year.
If there is still a free version of Zenology, then the ZEN-Core Sound Packs should work in that. Best to confirm via Roland (or other users) before purchasing ZEN-Core Sound Packs though. I'm not 100% sure on that.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Can somebody help me to find those Bin files

V90 Collection
JV1000 Factory
JV-XV Collection
XV5050 Bank E,F,G,H
SR-JV80-11 Techno Collection
SR-JV80-12 Hip Hop Collection
SR-JV80-19 House Collection
SR-JV80-4 Vintage Synth
SR-JV80-8 Keyboards of the 60s&70s
SR-JV80-9 Session
SR-JV80-2 Orchestral
SR-JV80-16 Orchestral II
SR-JV80-5 World
SR-JV80-14 World Collection Asia
SR-JV80-18 World Collection Latin.

Thanks ..Slobodan from Hamburg

The stupid and annoying Roland Cloud Manager is becoming worse every day.

Now, it keeps popping up with a warning that there are updates available. When I open it and list the "Updatable" items there is NONE. Anyone else experiencing this behavior?
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”