The one plug-in I wish would be reborn

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

briefcasemanx wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:28 am What is the company that turned into Roger Nichols digital? I remember that was a huge shitshow at the time.
Elemental Audio
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Michael L wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:22 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:28 am What is the company that turned into Roger Nichols digital? I remember that was a huge shitshow at the time.
Elemental Audio
Okay, yeah I thought so when I saw that UI posted. They also had an EQ with an adjustable notch setting that would get rid of the frequency specified as well as harmonics.

Does anybody know if any EQs nowadays do that?
v1o wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:56 am
Looks cool. You don't get companies trying innovative approaches as much these days. Most compressors are trying to sound analogue.
Most were trying to sound analogue back then too. Just not being quite as good at it due to weaker CPUs at the time.

Simulanalog. Exactly as they were, no GUI, just 64bit.
Prestissimo in Moto Perpetuo

Aloysius wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:17 pm Will he be contacting the people who purchased his product before he disappeared? 2009 I think.
I bought Krishna just before it became abandonware. Dev ignored all emails whilst posting videos of some live-drumming software that also became...abandonware.
His patreon can f**k right off.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

I wish Camelphat 3 was still getting updated but it still works atm.

Alchemy was a great synth with so many possibilities, until Camel Audio shafted everyone.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:31 pm
CinningBao wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:18 amThis was probably the most flexible PSOLA synth. Anyone know of a new one?
NI Form is using PSOLA too.
Yup, got that. but it's not as flexible and I always feel like I'm 'fighting' it to do what I want it to do.

ArtsAcoustic... the reverb but also the Bigstone Phaser. The plugins still exist but they are not developed further. I wish the AA plugins would be reborn.

briefcasemanx wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:38 am
Michael L wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:22 am
Elemental Audio
Okay, yeah I thought so when I saw that UI posted. They also had an EQ with an adjustable notch setting that would get rid of the frequency specified as well as harmonics.

Does anybody know if any EQs nowadays do that?
v1o wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:56 am
Looks cool. You don't get companies trying innovative approaches as much these days. Most compressors are trying to sound analogue.
Most were trying to sound analogue back then too. Just not being quite as good at it due to weaker CPUs at the time.
Some of Voxengo's EQ plugins have a notch filter which notch out 4 or 8 harmonics above the frequency. GlissEQ has it. Might be worth checking Prime, Curve and Harmonic EQ.

Elemental Audio, if I recall correctly.

I want all the X-incarn code ripped from Geist and put back in a reborn version of X-incarn
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Prosoniq Piwarp

OzoneJunkie wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:46 pm Prosoniq Piwarp
Yeah I miss that too, but Zynaptiq have slowly started releasing the Prosoniq IP they purchased, andI believe PiWarp is 'in' Wormhole, even though they don't outright declare it the colour and design is too similar to be a coincidence. No bloomin' up/crossgrade path though :(

https://www.zynaptiq.com/wormhole/

Aiynzahev wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:53 pm
e@rs wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:07 pmOhmicide.
They're back I believe https://www.ohmforce.com/plugins
They have a new site indeed, but that's it unfortunately: no plugin updates in years, small and even broken GUIs. And that Infinity wasn't exactly a success story, but apparently they learned nothing from their DAW fiasco...

BTW, congrats on your OSC win, cool tune! :phones:

e@rs wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:40 pm
Aiynzahev wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:53 pm
e@rs wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:07 pmOhmicide.
They're back I believe https://www.ohmforce.com/plugins
They have a new site indeed, but that's it unfortunately: no plugin updates in years, small and even broken GUIs. And that Infinity wasn't exactly a success story, but apparently they learned nothing from their DAW fiasco...

BTW, congrats on your OSC win, cool tune! :phones:
Oh yes, thanks. I remember being really excited about that DAW they were doing, being able to work with someone else on a tune in real time and all.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

dmbaer wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:59 pm alchemy-1_5-ahdsr.jpg

Actually, I don't really miss this one at all, but remain vastly annoyed about how it exited the seen for PC users. Twelve or so years ago I was blown away by the combination of technologies involved. On the other hand, I just moved to a new DAW a few months ago and didn't think it worth the trouble of installing.
I have it still installed, and it still works :)
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Effects”