Am I crazy a crazy person or is Spatio Lite the best free reverb?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

briefcasemanx wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:17 pm
OzoneJunkie wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:39 pm Tried the free TAL reverb? It has an interesting top end to me that I like. If I try to imitate it with other verbs, I usually need to put some type of shimmer verb after a plate verb.
Yes I said in the OP I tried TAL. Really dislike the top end sizzle stuff going on in TAL. Sounds janky and unrefined to me.
Oh, sorry I missed that. Funny how you dislike it and I like it. Admittedly, my usage/example for myself was just a simple synth pluck sound, and I like what it did with that. But for other situations like live/real instruments, I can imagine it wouldn't hold up.

Convology XT with Samplicity Bricasti IRs. Use the quad files. :tu:

Oril River ftw.

Ya, Spatio Lite is my favorite algorithmic free reverb.

I think OrilRiver is the best as far as flexibility, but it's hard to get it to fit well in a mix. You have to fiddle with it a lot. The GUI really bothers me for some reason too. Looking at the GUI almost ruins the rest of my day.

In the OrilRiver thread someone actually posted a really good GUI mockup that was simple but musical, instead of using that, the dev decided to go with the current awful GUI I think because their friend made it.

Orilriver has 2 GUIs, you can switch

Yes I find the alternative OrilRiver GUI quite appealing but again personal taste.....

Orilriver.png

Just right click on the top bar and choose Skin 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Kazi7 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:24 pm @briefcasemanx

Oh sorry, I was under the impression this is a forum to exchange opinions on audio software related topics?
But you did not take par in any exchange of opinions at all here - all you did was saying you have absolutely no interest in this, which is indeed 100% pointless and borders on trolling.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:35 pm
Kazi7 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:24 pm @briefcasemanx

Oh sorry, I was under the impression this is a forum to exchange opinions on audio software related topics?
But you did not take par in any exchange of opinions at all here - all you did was saying you have absolutely no interest in this, which is indeed 100% pointless and borders on trolling.
Thanks for sharing your opinion. It's hard to identify any meaningful content in your statement though.

Yes? If it is indeed for you, that tells us everything we might need to know about you.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

There's an alternate skin for orilRiver?? NICE!!!

OP: How much are they paying you? ;)

briefcasemanx wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:40 pm There's an alternate skin for orilRiver?? NICE!!!
You are welcome!

Besides the obvious ones already talked about here, another free verb I like is Melda's Mcharmverb. I might lack experience to tell if something's wrong with it, but I find it nice to work with and easily tweakable.

Well, you can use reverb as an aux or as an insert. For instance. So there are a lot of techniques when it comes to applying reverb. In that sense you can combine several reverbs, focusing on the features that make a specific reverb shine. Etc. etc. It's all up the mixing twaddo.

But hey.. in the same sense I would not take people too seriously who exclaim: "This is the very best!!!!!!" Even if these guys are named Dan Worrall cs. The guy who spits in a mic if he does not agree with something (which happens all the time btw) and endorses a certain plugin brand on top of that at YT. Go figure. To name one.

Return to “Effects”