New user, a couple of problems

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I just bought the premium version. I have two questions:

* The preferences reset, it seems as if they cannot be written or reset upon start, I changed a couple of things, but the program goes back to the default values. What can I do?

* Is it somehow possible to set values for true peak or even LRA in the r128 normalizer?

All the best

Oliver
SOUND!

The first thing with the preferences solved itself.
I don't know how... :lol:
Apart from that I have had some amazing results with the extract dialog tool....
SOUND!

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for purchasing Acoustica Premium Edition! Regarding the settings, I don't know to be honest. They are written to the file Acoustica7.xml which is found in ~/Library/Application Support/Acon Digital on Mac and C:\Users\[ACCOUNT NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Acon Digital on Windows. I assume the file couldn't be written for whatever reason.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking for regarding true peak and LRA values? The "Level Meter" in Acoustica shows true peak values per default and you can configure this by clicking the wrench icon in the lower left corner. Likewise, you can set the target LUFS value and the view range in the "Loudness Meter". However, it's not possible to set any alerts, if that was the question?

Best,
Stian

PS. I'm very glad to hear that you could achieve good results with Extract:Dialogue! :)

Best,
Stian

Hi Stian,

thanks for your information.
Reading my post again, I must admit that I am not clear about what I want to achieve...
I was referring to a batch operation where I want to render a couple of mixes to comply with r128 loudness specs of different broadcasters. While all of them ask for integrated -23, some have different values that need to be met for the max. allowed true peak, some accept -1, others have started to ask for -3 :roll:
Some batch processes (such as the ones in Wavelab or Nugen AMB can apply dynamics processing when needed to achieve the right values....)
I guess it's not possible at the moment.

Anyways, the fantastic tool has already done so much for me, I really like the de-clip2 which I have already used on a dozen of location recordings that were too hot.

I have pretty much used Acoustica every day, and it's been a great little toolbox.
SOUND!

Hi Oliver,
Oliver.Lucas wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:38 pm thanks for your information.
Reading my post again, I must admit that I am not clear about what I want to achieve...
I was referring to a batch operation where I want to render a couple of mixes to comply with r128 loudness specs of different broadcasters. While all of them ask for integrated -23, some have different values that need to be met for the max. allowed true peak, some accept -1, others have started to ask for -3 :roll:
Some batch processes (such as the ones in Wavelab or Nugen AMB can apply dynamics processing when needed to achieve the right values....)
I guess it's not possible at the moment.
Thanks for elaborating. You can add "Normalize" (with the "Level measurement level" set to "ITU BS.1770 (EBU-R128)" and the wanted integrated level) followed by "Limit". For true peak limiting, please set the Oversampling to 4x. In "Limit", you can set the input to e.g. 1 dB and hence the output to -1 dB to keep peeks below 1 dB. The output level must be the negative of the input level if you want to preserve the integrated loudness from the "Normalize" processor.
Oliver.Lucas wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:38 pm Anyways, the fantastic tool has already done so much for me, I really like the de-clip2 which I have already used on a dozen of location recordings that were too hot.

I have pretty much used Acoustica every day, and it's been a great little toolbox.
Thank you very much for your kind words -- I'm very glad to hear that!

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”