SSL Native X-EQ 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great Eq for the price. Personally i more like MAAT Blue
AS STUDIOTON / www.asstudioton.com
//Music production, recording studio and home to impeccable and uncompromising sound quality, and consequently an unprecedented listening experience//

only paypal option when i went to buy, cant use paypal.. can i get it anywhere else for this price?
thanks

i believe sweetwater is carrying it at the discounted price.

thanks gaggle, ill try them out..

I've already got more EQs than I need/use and the cramping problem that this EQ solves has never been a concern to me, but wow that's a great price!!!
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Couldnt find it on their site... might just be me being stupid...
tonymax wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:28 pm thanks gaggle, ill try them out..

thanks gaggle, yup me being stupid... :-)

Brill that did it... saved a few £££'s as well..

Hey guys, I still don't have the FF Pro-Q3, but have and use a lot the TDR Nova GE (which has dynamic EQ). This thread already brought others I had totally forgot about, that I don't have too (Toneboosters and Crave). Besides this one (SSL) presenting the anti-cramping in the high frequencies, does it brings something more than what could been achieved with of the previous ones? I'm on the fence here...
AMD 3500X | RAM 32GB @3200Mhz | GTX 1650 Super OC | SSD M.2 NVMe 512GB | SSD M.2 SATA 500GB | HDD SATA 2TB | Win10 x64 | AKG K92 | JBL One Series 104 | Presonus Eris Sub8 | Steinberg UR22MkII | IK Z-Tone DI | WA12 MkII | Reaper v6

The_Ogre wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:57 pm Hey guys, I still don't have the FF Pro-Q3, but have and use a lot the TDR Nova GE (which has dynamic EQ). This thread already brought others I had totally forgot about, that I don't have too (Toneboosters and Crave). Besides this one (SSL) presenting the anti-cramping in the high frequencies, does it brings something more than what could been achieved with of the previous ones? I'm on the fence here...
Parallel / serial band topology selection
Gain/f/Q UI efficiency on band point
Feature set is lean and efficient

plexuss wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:14 pm
The_Ogre wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:57 pm Hey guys, I still don't have the FF Pro-Q3, but have and use a lot the TDR Nova GE (which has dynamic EQ). This thread already brought others I had totally forgot about, that I don't have too (Toneboosters and Crave). Besides this one (SSL) presenting the anti-cramping in the high frequencies, does it brings something more than what could been achieved with of the previous ones? I'm on the fence here...
Parallel / serial band topology selection
Gain/f/Q UI efficiency on band point
Feature set is lean and efficient
The Parallel/Serial stuff is something I'm planning to do with Nebula inside BlueCat Patchwork, maybe this feature on the SSL could be really useful.
:tu:
AMD 3500X | RAM 32GB @3200Mhz | GTX 1650 Super OC | SSD M.2 NVMe 512GB | SSD M.2 SATA 500GB | HDD SATA 2TB | Win10 x64 | AKG K92 | JBL One Series 104 | Presonus Eris Sub8 | Steinberg UR22MkII | IK Z-Tone DI | WA12 MkII | Reaper v6

I have yet to see anyone ever posting a practical mixing session with multiple tracks where exactly same high frequency content is boosted by the same amount with and without anti cramping - and then someone which can effectively point it out.

I also never saw ITB music piece which didn't find it's way to top charts because EQ used in session didn't do anti cramping.

The whole premise sounds "anti-practical" - but hey some people are happy when they look in plugin doctor it doesn't cramp :hihi:

kmonkey wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:40 pm

I also never saw ITB music piece which didn't find it's way to top charts because EQ used in session didn't do anti cramping.
You don't need the pristine sound quality to top the charts. Listen to Billie Eilish. They're only a few genres where your choice of EQ might be critical like Jazz and Classical music.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:51 pm You don't need the pristine sound quality to top the charts. Listen to Billie Eilish.
No I am not going to listen him/her whatever. In case you didn't realize (perhaps I wasn't clear), I actually agree with you.

My whole point is making this "anti-cramp" as a feature is ridiculous because in practical life no one would be able to hear that difference in that region. Well your dog maybe.

Yeah I know SSL said that we need this otherwise we can expect our music being ruined technically (it's literally on their website and after reading their manual it is being insinuated), but it's a marketing blurb and nothing more.

Return to “Effects”