Erae Touch - All-around MIDI 2.0 controller?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nm

BONES wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:36 am Anyway, it seems that the no. of available units has gone up. Last time I looked it was down to just 1, now there are 5. I assume that means some people have asked for their money back, which would be a good sign that these guys are on the level. I am still sorely tempted, especially as I spent yesterday working out how to play all the songs in our live set from my Lightpad Block and discovered it is very, very doable.
A week ago I received a new update email. They are supposed to receive some boards this coming week. That should be enough for those who participated in the kickstarter. They gave no timeline from when the batch arrives to when they actually ship finished units.

I ordered after the kickstarter so it will be the following batch that I receive mine from. There was no specific timeline for the second batch, just that they said hopefully it would follow soon. I'm expecting minimum 2-3 months before I receive mine.

They also mentioned that they received financing so they are covered to get them through these global delays.

Any news?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Some of the original kickstarters have started receiving theirs. Haven't come across any reviews yet. The company has not yet released (unless it happened in the past day or so and I missed it) the software editor for users to create their own layouts. I assume reviews are waiting for the editor as it was supposed to be released this past week.

It has been 6 weeks since I received an email update so no new info there as far as a timeline when I might receive mine or any update on further shipments.

I saw this posted (hope author doesn’t mind)

OK received my Erae Touch

General : Great quality and feel - congratulations! It looks neat and have very low latency as promised!

Nitpick - not "as" super:

1. View angles - really bad in "normal" light. You can hardly see the LED's if you sit by a window in normal daylight unless you angle the device towards you (both up and sideways)

2. Power supply - ok but cable is VERY short (1.3m'ish) with permanent power brick at the end - it should have been a 2-3 meter DC cable with IEC 220/230v plug (kettle) into the brick. Despite being a "multi socket" adaptor (twist/turn the "local" power adaptor on) - for a music device it should have been delivered with multi country plugs (or better IEC adaptor)

3. Great it comes with a cover!! But no space in the cover for AC adaptor or cables?

4. Software is not ready for download yet?

5. Default map for the "drum pads" could have followed normal drum pad MIDI standards as "default" (minor and easily changeable when software is downloadable I guess)

Suggestion:

Keyboard/Piano "maps" should not have double edges if possible. Now each key (CDEFGAB) have a complete outline - so effectively 2 "lines" between each key. That means keys are very wide. Can the outline between keys just be a "single" line? - I could also try to grow longer fingers... :)

Pretty petty. I hate long power cables. Even 1.3m is longer than I like but to complain about it is pathetic, really. Good to know the devices are on their way, though, and that the quality is good.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Last edited by sujoybose77 on Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

pdxindy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:38 pmIt has been 6 weeks since I received an email update so no new info there as far as a timeline when I might receive mine or any update on further shipments.
Have you got yours yet? Any insights for us before I think about maybe buying this one ^ ?

BONES wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:53 am
pdxindy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:38 pmIt has been 6 weeks since I received an email update so no new info there as far as a timeline when I might receive mine or any update on further shipments.
Have you got yours yet? Any insights for us before I think about maybe buying this one ^ ?
I received an email from them 3 weeks ago saying they were going to ship mine in 2 weeks time and confirming my shipping address. I have not received a notice that it shipped so it is possible it arrives any day or that for some reason it has not shipped yet. If I don't hear anything in the next few days, I'll email them for an update.

I emailed and got a reply that it was to be shipped. They gave me a DHL tracking # and said it would be picked up this coming week. They said there were issues with DHL that have been resolved. My tracking # is not in DHL system yet.

Did you guys see this one? Not really my style of music, but really nice to see it in action.

https://youtu.be/G4EeUJuhDaY

Great demo, he obviously put a lot of preparation into it. I'd still rather have my sequencer do all the heavy lifting, to leave me free to (hopefully) be a bit more entertaining. I find the whole live looping thing pretty dull, even when Reggie Watts does it. It's clever but I'm not sure it's entertaining, which makes it uncomfortably like jazz.

:lol:

Hi,
I am facing an issue with very slow gliding (X movement) from one note to another note (say 4-5 semitones apart). It is trying to quantize it and doing a step transition rather than a smooth glide.
If I set the "smoothing" parameter to "high" under glissando then the note transition happens very slow and takes a long time even when I do a faster slide.. It should make the glide smooth rather than making it slow. Has anyone faced this issue? Any pointer on how to achieve smoother glide (especially when transitioned slowly) without messing up the timing of transition will be appreciated.

Another glidey slidey "rainbow". No pitch bend. No one finger trigger two notes. Good for the eyes, almost useless for music production.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”