Looking for Spectral Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings,
I’m looking for a Spectral Reverb that is similar to W.A. production “Venom”.

Venom has many bugs & no longer developed.
Any idea?

horizon7 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:49 pm Greetings,

Any idea?
It only came out fairly recently so how come it's longer developed?

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:59 pm

Any idea?
I asked them & they told me that they can’t do anything about it unfortunately. It’s preceder plugin Spexx was better because they were updating the plugin regularly until it reached v 1.1 I guess.

WA production at most focuses on sample packs & trending plugins. the company works as social platform as well. every month they release a new plugins without paying attention to the audio development, audio quality & updates. Just like a fast food. I stopped purchasing from them.
Venom are so buggy & works as mono in many cases.
Last edited by horizon7 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Does anyone knows a spectral reverb plugin?

I only found Zynaptiq Adaptiverb but this plugin
Is old now & the company no longer updating it. & there plugins are out of date no more new updates.

Any idea ? Or could this be recreated by DIY techniques to have similar results?

Spectral Blur in Live (?)

Bulbizarre wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:58 pm Spectral Blur in Live (?)
I don’t have Live.

You can do reverb-like effects in SpecOps by slowing the speed down and modulating the input/mix with an envelope follower.
Also worth looking at GRM's Evolution, again with the speed reduced

horizon7 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:45 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:59 pm

Any idea?
I asked them & they told me that they can’t do anything about it unfortunately. It’s preceder plugin Spexx was better because they were updating the plugin regularly until it reached v 1.1 I guess.
Thanks for explaining but that's a pathetic excuse from them - well I won't be buying anything from them in future.

i'm pretty sure you could do a lot of what it does with something Melda, just can't figure out which one.
MTransformer maybe?

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:37 am Thanks for explaining but that's a pathetic excuse from them - well I won't be buying anything from them in future.
Yeah, that's really disheartening. I've had some use from Mutant Reverb and Mutant Delay, but I won't be getting anything else from them if this is the real attitude toward support.

You can achieve all kind of spectral reverbs and long washes with the GRM Tools Evolution.

Ploki wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:53 am i'm pretty sure you could do a lot of what it does with something Melda, just can't figure out which one.
MTransformer maybe?
Yes this too, with a big FFT window and use smear and feedback parameters.

spec ops, GRM Evolve or Plogue Bidule are all great for this. for this particular use I like Evolve or plogue best because of the simplicity of fiddling with the way the bins are leveled, gated, shifted, etc, and control over how the feedback/ time behaves (evolve needs some modulation or automation much like spec ops if you want to make it sound particularly "reverby").

Spec ops is very quick to set up though with the "freeze" section, and if you have a semi modular setup to do some feedback effects like nesting it in bitwig's delay, reverb tank, etc. Then you can go real crazy especially with a couple of instances.

I haven't ever seen an effect that "just" does spectral reverb effects that seems at all worth it.

Another option is Melda's MXXX which allows for a combo of spectral reverb, convolution, regular reverb, and delays all with feedback and crazy routing, and that's befre you take into account the Turbo Verb algorithm creator, but I'm not sure how it works out price wise. I have the total fx bundle so I have no idea what it would cost to just get a good spectral verb going.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:12 pm spec ops, GRM Evolve or Plogue Bidule are all great for this. for this particular use I like Evolve or plogue best because of the simplicity of fiddling with the way the bins are leveled, gated, shifted, etc, and control over how the feedback/ time behaves (evolve needs some modulation or automation much like spec ops if you want to make it sound particularly "reverby").
Just to make it clear for everyone, I guess you are actually meaning GRM Tools Evolution? They don't have any plugins named 'Evolve'.

I do indeed. I'm bad with names. Bad.
Last edited by Ah_Dziz on Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Effects”