SSL Native X-EQ 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MogwaiBoy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:33 pm
downSouthside wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:10 pm
Aiynzahev wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:07 pm Ok I bought it, you all are responsible
It only gets worse. I've actually picked up half of the SSL plugins over the last couple of years thanks to similar sales.

-e.B
Same. Hook, line and sinker. Keen for the reverb for $40 too, oh and the drum and vocal strips :lol:
Is it just me though is their reverb almost mono? It's very narrow.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:55 am Is it just me though is their reverb almost mono? It's very narrow.
Its not you, it really is very narrow and I dont particulary like it. Compared to some big players like Valhalla, Relab and LiquidSonics, its far behind in terms of the quality.

HcDoom wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:52 pm
Aiynzahev wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:55 am Is it just me though is their reverb almost mono? It's very narrow.
Its not you, it really is very narrow and I dont particulary like it. Compared to some big players like Valhalla, Relab and LiquidSonics, its far behind in terms of the quality.
I remember reading it was actually the Relab guy that did the SSL reverb, though quite some time ago. Same with IK’s reverbs. I might be remembering this wrong though.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

[quote=Ploki post_id=8217697 time=1632217114 user_id=221865]
maat has repeatedly failed to answer what makes Algorithmix code any special
[/quote]

Ploki, you will find the answers on our thEQ product pages.[quote=v1o post_id=8217717 time=1632218524 user_id=42967]

[quote=v1o post_id=8217717 time=1632218524 user_id=42967]Algorithmix Blue costs nearly a thousand to buy today.[/quote]

Hi v1o,
thEQblue12 is currently on sale for US$272 or 30% off $389. BTW, Christoph’s Classic PEQ Blue has not been updated or supported for a while now…
OMas

I’ll find marketing fodder on product pages. If something claims to reinvent ITB equing that’s completely different to anything else i want to see some papers.
i.e Urs’ papers on ZDF or gullfoss papers on their eq

Aiynzahev wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:09 pm I remember reading it was actually the Relab guy that did the SSL reverb, though quite some time ago. Same with IK’s reverbs. I might be remembering this wrong though.
Relab did "X-Verb", not "FlexVerb".
X-Verb was SSL's reverb plugin before FlexVerb, and was generally well-regarded.

SSL discontinued X-Verb for whatever reasons and launched a new reverb, built by them, called "FlexVerb", which wasn't as well-regarded.

beely wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:54 pm
Aiynzahev wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:09 pm I remember reading it was actually the Relab guy that did the SSL reverb, though quite some time ago. Same with IK’s reverbs. I might be remembering this wrong though.
Relab did "X-Verb", not "FlexVerb".
X-Verb was SSL's reverb plugin before FlexVerb, and was generally well-regarded.

SSL discontinued X-Verb for whatever reasons and launched a new reverb, built by them, called "FlexVerb", which wasn't as well-regarded.
FlexVerb sounds pretty good to me. I've only seen positive feedback from users so far. Maybe post some of the negative feedback you allude to?

plexuss wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:18 pm FlexVerb sounds pretty good to me.
Ditto! It sounds great and has a great interface/workflow. Hard to complain for $30. :tu: I'm on a mission to eventually buy all the SSL plugins during their pretty regular no-brainer sales.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Same for me , flexverb is very good reverb.sound good and easy interface
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

plexuss wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:18 pmFlexVerb sounds pretty good to me. I've only seen positive feedback from users so far. Maybe post some of the negative feedback you allude to?
I'm just summing up some general observations of what I've observed online over the years. I never tried X-Verb, and I tried FlexVerb but didn't like it much (although the interface is quite nice). So I passed on the Flexverb deal, and instead invested that money into LiquidSonics, Relab and Reverb Foundry, and I'm very happy with those.

If you're interested in people's direct feedback on X-Verb, and the reaction when FlexVerb was introduced in comparison, you can of course Google around and I'm sure you'll see many of the things I saw over the years...

But if it works for you, great. Enjoy!

The anti-cramping seems interesting. I've never used oversampling, and given that I have a lot of experience I've experienced this, but it usually depends on the filter.

Still, thanks for sharing the information I will have to do some experiments of My own, an interesting idea. I've not always been a fan of crossover but it's a neat idea too, the parallel.

X-EQ2, Bus Compressor 2, and Flexverb are back on sale at usual outlets.

Edit, it seems you need to do some kind of Gobbler download to demo, absolutely daft !!!!
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

simmo75 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:40 amThe licensing system is iLok, not gobbler.
We at MAAT do not use PACE (the makers of iLok) for our licensing framework, and we haven’t used WIBU dongles for two years…

OMas@MAAT wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:33 pm
simmo75 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:40 amThe licensing system is iLok, not gobbler.
We at MAAT do not use PACE (the makers of iLok) for our licensing framework, and we haven’t used WIBU dongles for two years…
That's cool mate, I have no idea what relevance it has or why you are quoting me though...

Edit: You thought I was talking about a MAAT EQ, I wasn't... This thread isn't a MAAT thread, it's for the SSL Native X-EQ 2

SSL X-EQ 2 sounds great imo. I haven't tired of it since I got it in September 2021. There are not many plugins I can say that about.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Effects”