Richard H. Kirk Died

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/ ... es-aged-65

Scary stuff, he was only a couple of years older than me.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Sweet Exorcist on here - Clonk has gone :cry:
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

Just saw this. Sad day :(
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Well, damn.

rip :(

thanks for many years of entertainment and inspiration 8)

RIP, wow, this is a big one for me. A mighty discography.

Shit. RIP.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

vurt wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:54 pmthanks for many years of entertainment and inspiration 8)
Bit late now, he can't hear you.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

R.I.P. :(

Oh no. This is hitting me hard.

Mal weighed in on Twitter: https://twitter.com/StephenMal/status/1 ... 4127171588
I’m shattered. my Cabs music partner, and often sparring partner, difficult to live with but impossible not to love. Stubborn, no sufferer of fools, but insightful, spontaneous, and with vision .. and underneath the spiky shell a warm heart.
I’m truly devastated. RIP Kirky

Dude was a legend !
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Strangely, this summer I discovered his pseudonym, Sandoz as well as other solo albums on YouTube, and realized how much great stuff he made that was unknown in America.
R.I.P. a true original!

RIP

Shame, Cabs were one of those bands that I never had a single or album of, maybe a track or two on compilations, but a number of times I'd be round someone's place of a night mashed out of my head and go "this is good, who's this?" and it turned out to be them.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Recently found some Richard H Kirk tracks with him going back to Ambient Industrial a little like Red Mecca etc. great stuff from about two years ago. I've always loved transitional periods in bands, Cabarete Voltaire's Living Legends, Voice of America and Micro Phonies are such great examples of this to me. I liked their dance material as well.

Sucks he died early but man, being in IMO one of the first two Industrial groups, then being on the pioneering edge of European dance music as well. He had a great career. :hail:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”