Lunatic Audio's NARCOTIC Multi-Effects & Step Sequencing Plugin -

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I haven't heard anything about it--anybody buy it and have recommendations/warnings?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

In case anyone is interested in checking this out, audioplugin.deals is currently offering a 14-day trial version called Narcotic Microdose, available to download through the end of January. With the trial, there's an offer to purchase it for $89. I've been playing around with it and have been tempted to buy, but one function it's lacking that I consider to be pretty standard in a plugin like this is MIDI mapping for the controls - there are no mapping options or MIDI learning functions to be found. I've tried contacting Lunatic to ask about this, but no response so far.

It's up on Audio Plugin Deals once again, this time at $69: https://audioplugin.deals/product/narco ... audio-bld/ Wondering if anyone is using it? Too much overlap for me with Shaperbox, Infiltrator, and Effectrix.

Many reviews
Lunatic Audio's NARCOTIC
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... s+NARCOTIC

Would be nice to know if NARCOTIC is multi-touch capable.

How good is the filter compared to Infiltrator and ShaperBox? Also does it have a granular module?

Ok caved - however the licensing for this is very weird though, not sure about it. It 'locks' the license to your iLok so I expected a license to be deposited on the physical iLok as with all other iLok protected licenses but it isn't - there is no sign of the license there and yet the license manager in Narcotic says it is 'locked' to my iLok. It looks almost as if they are not actually using the iLok license manager but have hacked their own version that uses the iLok for protection but circumvents Pace which is worrying.

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:12 pm Ok caved - however the licensing for this is very weird though, not sure about it. It 'locks' the license to your iLok so I expected a license to be deposited on the physical iLok as with all other iLok protected licenses but it isn't - there is no sign of the license there and yet the license manager in Narcotic says it is 'locked' to my iLok. It looks almost as if they are not actually using the iLok license manager but have hacked their own version that uses the iLok for protection but circumvents Pace which is worrying.
Or it could be a technical issue. Perhaps reach out to PACE to ask them? and Lunatic?

The license solution is based on Schulz.Audio approach since it's the same developer, and some of the Sample Logic plugins use this one. It's a very rigid and "harsh" solution, you either use the floating approach which means you need to login online all the time, or you permanently lock it to a device. The only supported USB devices to lock the license to (if you don't do it directly on your PC which is inadvisable) is the Steinberg eLicenser or the iLok.

So yes, it can use the physical iLok dongle, but no, it actually doesn't have anything to do with the PACE/iLok solution itself.

I also find the Schulz Audio license 'solution' a little bit too intrusive and therefore banned all of his 'official' & 'non-official' - stuff from my system.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

BeeDog wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:22 am The license solution is based on Schulz.Audio approach since it's the same developer, and some of the Sample Logic plugins use this one. It's a very rigid and "harsh" solution, you either use the floating approach which means you need to login online all the time, or you permanently lock it to a device. The only supported USB devices to lock the license to (if you don't do it directly on your PC which is inadvisable) is the Steinberg eLicenser or the iLok.

So yes, it can use the physical iLok dongle, but no, it actually doesn't have anything to do with the PACE/iLok solution itself.
Thought so - how does that work without potentially messing up what is already on the the iLok? I'm surprised Pace even allow it

So this it:

https://schulz.audio/support/license-management/

It only gave me the option to lock it to the Mac or iLok - nothing about activate

I'm going to see what Pace think about this, I think this could damage the security or integrity of my iLok as it completely circumvents their system

plexuss wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:10 am are we now experiencing the next de-evolution of plugins? First was the deep discount sale prices. Now people throwing together plugins without much "substance" to them and a now-premium price? I guess with so many people "doing music" for a hobby it would make sense to wip together mediocre plugins and put them up for sale. after that its just a matter of ecommerce. I'll pass...
I think this is true. It seems like every day I see a “game changing” plugin ad on social media. It almost never seems interesting. I had to laugh at Baby Audio’s new synth teaser, as it seems that their idea of changing the game is sounds that are less interesting than what you’d get from U-He’s Tyrell. It all just seems like a line of people trying to grab money from the unsuspecting and ignorant. Nothing new, of course, but it does seem to have infiltrated the plugin world in a way that it hasn’t before.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Isn't Vibrato and Tremolo the same thing? No demo no sale.

osiris wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:04 pm Isn't Vibrato and Tremolo the same thing? No demo no sale.
Similar but vibrato modulates pitch whereas tremolo modulates volume

Return to “Effects”