What are your favorite instrument plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pigments 3, Vital and Serum :)

Factory, TAL-Mod, Massive X (coupled with Kush TWK), Iris 2 and Vital (only for pads) are my most used.

Addictive keys, serum and transistor bass in fl

Steinberg-Wizoo Virtual Guitarist 2
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

I've only got VIs I really like and have a distinct use for installed, seems some overlap here but I find uses for all of them, if even only a few presets that do something I can't replicate elsewhere...

ePhonic Invader2 - my everyday goto for regular, simpler sounds now.
uHe Beatzille - probably should look at the full version but this does enough, so many sounds.
Surge - if I want complex sounds then this suits me fine.
Aalto - gorgeous sound quality with enough quirk
Sonic Bits Exakt Lite - just lovely sounds and quick to use
DiscoDSP Vertigo - new convert, as above, love the simple resynthesis
Air Vacuum Pro - dirty and warm
that Proce-something freebie I can never remember the name of... dirty and warm again but with some great arpy goodness.
uHe ACE and Linplug Alpha - two golden oldies I still find uses for
NI Prism - sparkly goodness.
Cakewalk Dimension Pro and tracktion Complex - for when I want real sounds and don't want to dig through sfzs etc.
VCV...

and that's everything I think...

Edit: Proclethya - sounds awesome but not free anymore

Full Bucket Mono/Fury, FB3200, Tricent and Nabla
Novation Bass Station/V-Station
Virtual CZ
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Omnisphere, Pigments, Dune 3

Obsession, Bitwig Grid, Kontakt+Spitfire and Slate+ASH Libraries, Repro-5

Currently I'm using a lot Massive X, a little bit the Reaktor synths. Along with Hive which is more wild on the transients so I kinda try to use less to save cpu with processing. Repro 1 and 5. Tal stuff here and there. Diva because who doesnt. I also lean to Operator for percussion a lot. Quick to program and make some noises that change every time and no need to open a vst.
And the last one all over my last tracks, the arturia sq80.
I think that's it ! Which must be around 20% of the synths I have.

Phuturetone updated GR-8 yesterday and it has made it instantly more usable, now that we can modulate the filter and VCA with velocity. In just a couple of hours I found two new uses for it in some of the covers I'm (still) working on. It's got a big, characterful sound that makes it cut through mixes like you wouldn't believe, plus the GUI is gorgeous and it's got such a good workflow that I just want to use it all the time.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I use linux native apps only, but my current favorites are:
Diva
Zebra2
Dexed
Surge
Vital
Tal-Sampler
LinuxSampler
Sfizz
Bliss Sampler
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Pigments 3.

This is the top tier list I made to remind my own self of my favorites. I have too many and can't keep track without a list.

Plasmonic
Conplex-1
Blinksonic Reaktor ensembles
Vital
FM8
ID700 IOS
Nano Pack in Reaktor
iVCS3 IOS
Wavemapper 2
Skanner XT
Absynth
Icarus 2
Pigments
Glitchmachines
Generate
Bazille
Zebra 3
Repro
Hive 2
Warlock
Massive X
VCV Rack
Reaktor with Rick Scott's ensembles
Reaktor with Everythingturns' MoGi
Virsyn AddStation IOS
ArcSyn
SpaceCraft

You left out the kitchen sink.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

makes me wonder what the rest is, if these are the favourites

also...

Zebra 3

Return to “Instruments”