Apogee Ensemble or symphony desktop for upcoming MacBook pro?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everybody. Thanks for reading my question.

So I'm one of those who has long awaited the updated macbook pro with more memory and new m1x (or whatever it's called) chip. I believed the rumor sites and thought we'd have them by June.

This is a big investment (at least for me) and my plan was to get a UAD Apollo x6 interface. But UAD is not yet supporting Apple Silicon. Apogee is. I can't just hold my breath and wait possibly into 2022.

The Apogee Ensemble thunderbolt is TB2 vs TB3. Does that matter at all for us in audio/latency/buffer issues, etc. Anyone have experience with this box? A lot of the videos I find on youtube are 6 years old. I was going with the Symphony Desktop initially. I have seen people say "I use thunderbolt because I use a lot of guitar modeling plugins" - I'm a guitarist, singer/songwriter. I won't be recording a live band, mainly tracking one by one. (I plan to use Logic and FL Studio; waiting for Ableton to have native support; omnisphere, nexus, serum, waiting for soundtoys to be m1 native; superior drummer; guitar rig and amplitube - not sure they are native yet) Thanks for your time.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”