Overloud Gem Mod Dimension for FREE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

What plugin would you use for a chorus sound on a mono track ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Vortifex wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:22 pm ...but when listened to in mono the effect has completely disappeared. ...
oops, yes! absolutely here too!
the chorus effect is completely gone when switched to mono

vs all (or most of) the others i tested
list of my favorites so far:

eventide H910 dual
UVI Thorus
TAL
Arturia
UA BYOME
Acon
u-he ColourCopy

i don't know why, but i always come back to the eventide

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A couple of things:

1. Choruses will create some phase issues just due to the nature of the effect
2. Many choruses are mono (Boss CE-2) or work on mono signals - that's not even a question as far as I'm concerned
3. This chorus completely disappears in mono - I had tested and discovered that last night
4. The Arturia Dimension D and UAD Dimension D clones do not disappear in mono
5. This sounds great in Stereo though
5. I don't have the hardware or a clone to compare to and don't claim to know the definitive behavior of the hardware

Anyone got the Klark Dimension-D clone (or original Roland) and want to chorus something in stereo then sum to mono to confirm?

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:26 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:24 pm He was also notorious for overdubbing, so who knows what you're actually hearing! :lol:
The Headmaster Ritual! How many f**king guitars? :lol:
Johnny Marr teaches "The Headmaster Ritual"

https://youtu.be/UI96b_bTrnI

Chorus Effects with GEM MOD VST ( Free For 7 Days ) Normal Retail Price $99

https://overloud.com/free-gem-mod/download?id=0

Sounds ok, but the GUI knobs are fake so makes it look kinda cheap.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

there is already another thread on it. What do you mean by "the GUI knobs are fake"?

i think he means GUI design

This is only the Dimension D model.
I regret signing up for Overloud spam for this.

This isn’t a $99 plugin.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

no, it's a bait for their 129$ currently 79$ "three mod plugins"

AKJ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:43 pm there is already another thread on it. What do you mean by "the GUI knobs are fake"?
Didn't notice, the other thread which was originally in the instruments section of KVR yesterday, I was notified by Music Radar magazine's website/feed today that have more info about it. https://www.musicradar.com/news/overlou ... and-chorus

As for the knobs, they don't actually look like the knobs phsically move. There is just a dot that moves around the knob. The sliders are not much better... but these things are minor. It's big enough to be usable and how it sounds is more important. But the details matter... I've so many chorus plugins that have properly 3D rendered knobs and sliders. Sigmund D16 for example is rather excellent when you compare them.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I don't require digital skeuomorphism personally.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:55 pm
AKJ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:43 pm there is already another thread on it. What do you mean by "the GUI knobs are fake"?
Didn't notice, the other thread which was originally in the instruments section of KVR yesterday, I was notified by Music Radar magazine's website/feed today that have more info about it. https://www.musicradar.com/news/overlou ... and-chorus

As for the knobs, they don't actually look like the knobs phsically move. There is just a dot that moves around the knob. The sliders are not much better... but these things are minor. It's big enough to be usable and how it sounds is more important. But the details matter... I've so many chorus plugins that have properly 3D rendered knobs and sliders. Sigmund D16 for example is rather excellent when you compare them.
The knobs are fine for me like this. I believe you are also mislead. They simulate a light effect which is, in fact independant, from knob movement. But this is really absolutely irrelevant. Just enjoy the sound of this classic widening effect.

Other thoughts about it, 10 presets is measly for a plugin costing $99 at normal prices and that red digital display is too small and screws with one's eyes. It might be alright at 1080P but it's not at 1440p as the lines are thin and induces that double squishy vision thing when you look at it.

When you hover over a slider, it highlights all the sliders, why does it do this ? My guess is that it's just a problem that they didn't bother to fix. It's just a bad design aspect that shouldn't be there, because it's just distracting. Why have them highlight at all ? My guess is that the PNG image transparencies don't match and hence why these sliders illuminate when hovered over.

Do all their plugins do this ?
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Effects”