Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Scream

Tendou wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:13 pm thx for your answer and I get ur point but I was wondering if I can obtain the beta or if its a paid beta which I have to buy
Think of it as a paid product that’s been in a perpetual “sneak preview “ state for many years. It works great. But you have to pay to buy it.

Like with The Glue and The Drop, I had the choice of either keeping the plugin private until I thought is was ready for final release, or providing it for everyone to have a play with early and calling it a public beta.

I'm still very keen to finish off The Scream, and get bits done whenever possible on it. My regular working week is 3 days 9am-5pm, so there isn't a huge amount of time to complete all the work I want to get done.

The last few years haven't been particularly productive in terms of public facing releases, so sorry about that. The time has been taken with lots of R&D on my circuit solver, coding a SIMD abstraction layer for NEON and SSE2, supporting updated code signing, security and more stable machine id generation, as well as bug fixes and normal support. I've also been supporting my family, especially my wife Emma who's father has died last year and mother is now in age care. I've also completed some consulting to Moog on their Claravox Centennial product and hope to do some more work with them (I coded the analog modelled oscillators and helped with some other DSP inside it - not the filters though!), and continuing collaboration work with Ableton, which will soon be released to the public. I also have a few other collaborations in progress that are yet to be announced - so there is actually lots going on behind the scenes.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Great to hear from you Andy!

Can't wait to see/hear the upcoming plugin collabs.

andy-cytomic wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:42 am I've also been supporting my family, especially my wife Emma who's father has died last year and mother is now in age care.
My condolences.

As long as you can make a good living from your work, family first is the saner and healthier priority, I think.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

andy-cytomic wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:42 amespecially my wife Emma who's father has died last year and mother is now in age care.
Been there, done that, it's very stressful and time-consuming. The Scream is fine as it is, it gets lots of use and I'm very happy with it. Honestly, you could colour it green, call it finished and everyone would be happy :D
A bit fried in the higher freqs

jens wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:05 am My condolences.

As long as you can make a good living from your work, family first is the saner and healthier priority, I think.
+1 :hug:
I count myself lucky to own a copy of The Scream, as it is :tu:

Whoa, Moog didn't want you on filters??? Why?

briefcasemanx wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:19 pm Whoa, Moog didn't want you on filters??? Why?
I got brought in late to the project to ‘fix’ some problem areas, so there wasn’t enough time or spare cpu to do anything with their existing digital filter, but hopefully we can collaborate in more depth on future projects and make better use of the available resources :)

andy-cytomic wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:42 am continuing collaboration work with Ableton, which will soon be released to the public
This is music to my ears. Any hints? Updates to existing Cytomic devices? New devices?

dangayle wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:35 pmThis is music to my ears. Any hints? Updates to existing Cytomic devices? New devices?
I know it's no fun but I can't even hint, sorry! I know what the work is obviously but even I don't know when it will released to the public.

andy-cytomic wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:28 am
dangayle wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:35 pmThis is music to my ears. Any hints? Updates to existing Cytomic devices? New devices?
I know it's no fun but I can't even hint, sorry! I know what the work is obviously but even I don't know when it will released to the public.
Well, you have been working on filters and synths. So, new synth or new filters in Live. Maybe. Just maybe.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Is the Glue HD still in the pipeline?

meloco_go wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:28 pm Is the Glue HD still in the pipeline?
Yep, sure is, but it will happen after I've finished The Scream.

Live 11.1 Beta lists the following …

“The Cytomic Filters, which are used in the Wavetable, Echo, Simpler, Sampler, Operator, and Auto Filter devices, have been updated and improved in stability, sound and performance. As of 11.1, the Cytomic filters (particularly the MS2 and SMP options) might deviate in sound compared to previous Live versions, especially when driven hard.”

Wavetable is also getting some filter updates and a lower quality option to save CPU.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

I've ask in another thread, but here is more appriopriate maybe. Are these the "The Drop" HD filters in Live 11.1 now?

Return to “Effects”